You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: What Happened To Me Last Night?

Real Ghost Stories

What Happened To Me Last Night?

 

I am looking for some help please. I am totally serious about what happened to me last night, and can totally admit that this is the first time I have been absolutely petrified.

I live in a small village in Derbyshire, England, in a terraced house with my two children and two dogs. Last night, I went to bed at 10pm as usual after a busy day at work. I read for a few minutes, then switched the light off and went to sleep. I remember coming too briefly and looking at the clock, it was 11.30pm, then I drifted off again. This is the bit I am struggling to put into words and explain.

In my sleep I remember hearing a very loud buzzing noise and the top of my spine at the base of my neck was tingling. This woke me up. I know I was laid on the right side of my body, so my back was towards the middle of the bed. (I don't know how I know this). Then I heard a strange slimy noise, but this was not in my head, this noise was coming from behind me on the bed and then I felt something wriggling to get under the blanket next to me. I distinctly remember try to shout out "help", but the words would not come out. I don't know how long this experience lasted, but eventually I managed to turn on my bedside lamp. I was in a terrible state. I looked at the clock again, it was now 12.01am. Needless to say, I didn't get much sleep last night!

Has anybody got any serious explanations as to what happened to me last night, I feel dreadful today. Do you think there is a rational explanation?

Other hauntings by mxpoppy

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, mxpoppy, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

mxpoppy (2 stories) (5 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-14)
HI
Thank you for all your comments. So far, so good, no new incidents to tell you about, all I do know is that I still am having trouble sleeping and will not turn the light of at night. I forgot to mention in my story that I woke up with scratches on my face that morning that could not have been self inflicted as unfortuntley I bite my nails badly, but I have done a lot of research on SP. I really don't know what happened that night and am hoping that I never experience anything similar again, but thank you guys for taking the time to read my story and commenting. I will keep you posted ❤
bacchaegrl (506 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-14)
I agree with redphx, could be another case of something passing through. It looks like it was just a one time thing. Though it may have been scary, maybe it was just an odd spirit looking for respite at the end of a long day of well... Being a spirit I guess. I don't mean to make light of the situation. Yours seems almost unique in the sensations that you felt and that it only happened one time. I don't think anyone can give you a definite answer, because no one really knows the answers. Please tell us if it in fact does happen again, because then we may have a problem.
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-14)
I don't know. This one doesn't signal SP for me. It wasn't a ghost. I don't know what it was I can't get a feel of it. But this one I don't think was SP. I am just going on pure intuition on that. If I went on evidance alone it would be SP. But I don't think it was
lankyloo98 (7 stories) (14 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-14)
Hi, I have had similar experiences in the past so could have been just stress. I do know that when I had the last one I was wide awake as my son had just left the bedroom. As I turned over and lay on my side I felt the bed dip and the definate feel of a person snuggling up to me - not a nice feeling when you realise that there is no one there! It sounds silly but I find that relaxing by reading a good book helps
cookie123 (19 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-14)
I believe that it is sleep paralysis. Try to walk it off. It probably wasn't anything at. It could also be a lot of stress on your mind if you don't think it was sleep paralysis. I have had stress before that woke me up, but not like sleep paralysis.
You'll be fine... 😁
bacchaegrl (506 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-13)
Yes, it sounds like sleep paralysis, and people can imagine all sorts of things while in this state. But a slimy noise and wriggling? That sounds pretty intense. I would be terrified too. If it has never happened to you before, that's good. Do you have a fear of snakes or anything like that? It could be just a thing where you scare yourself. I don't know much about this stuff, but you seemed to paint a vivid picture. I hope it doesn't happen again. I'm no doctor, so I won't tell you what something is or something isn't. I don't know your whole situation, so I can't give any advice. I just want to tell you good luck. I hope it never happens again.
Shaw (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-13)
dont get scared. Its just sleep paralysis. Not a demon or ghost.
Sleep paralysis is a condition where people are paralyzed at the onset of sleep or upon waking; it may accompany vivid or terrifying hallucinations called hypnagogic hallucinations. Here are some steps to help you cope with sleep paralysis.

""Determine what triggers your sleep paralysis""". Sleep paralysis can be triggered by a variety of situations. Some researchers agree that sleep paralysis is most commonly caused by the position you fall asleep in, most commonly when lying on your back. Often, triggers can be factors in your life that you have no control over, such as stress, environment, or even your dreams. Try keeping a log of the conditions of your episode of paralysis. Track details of the experience, the time, your sleep pattern, sleeping position, mental/emotional state before and after you were paralyzed, and if you were paralyzed while falling asleep or upon waking up. This can all be useful information, especially if you decide to a see a doctor about the condition.

Avoid the triggers. Identifying your personal triggers and working to avoid them will significantly reduce the chances of experiencing sleep paralysis. If you experience sleep paralysis every time you sleep on your back, try sleeping on your side or stomach

Focus on body movement. During sleep paralysis you may find that you are able to move a part of your body. (Many times your feet or your fingers) Just keep moving this body part as fast as you can and you will find yourself awake in no time

Focus on body movement. During sleep paralysis you may find that you are able to move a part of your body. (Many times your feet or your fingers) Just keep moving this body part as fast as you can and you will find yourself awake in no time

HOPE THIS HELPS ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: