You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Non Human Entities :: Demon, Alien, Imp Or Something Else?

Real Ghost Stories

Demon, Alien, Imp Or Something Else?

 

This occurred when I was 8 years old.

I was in bed though not asleep, when I heard what sounded like 3 taps on my bedroom window. I sat up in bed to look at my window and what I saw scared the living daylights out of me! This 'thing' was sat on my windowsill on the outside, humanoid, about the same size as a 4 year old child but it's body was almost skeletal, it was so thin, it made the things head look slightly too big for its body. It had no hair whatsoever, but large black-red eyes and a mouth full of lots of sharp little teeth almost like a cats. I hid under the covers very scared and didn't get any sleep that night at all.

The next morning I told my mum what I had seen but she dismissed it as a dream and didn't believe me, so as I went to school that day I told nobody fearing everyone wouldn't believe me or I would get teased.

After school I went up to my bedroom window where I had seen this 'thing' I saw 3 small scratches on the outside of the window, my window was a sash window and the scratches were located in such a place that the only way to have made them would be if someone had climbed a ladder to my window and made them.

Fast forward a few years later I am now 14 years old and in secondary school and though I had told nobody about this 'thing' at my window (apart from my mum) it still wasn't something you would forget too easily. It was art class and we had to draw a made-up creature. I thought and thought and eventually decided to draw this 'thing' a few days later when our art work had been handed in I was called to stay behind after class, where the teacher pulled out my artwork and another by different girl in our class. The 2 pictures were the same! Also the teacher was accusing me of copying this students work (I was known as a bit of a troublemaker in school so teachers seemed to suspect me first). I would probably gotten a detention if it wasn't for the fact I almost cried and was obviously shaken when I told them It was something I had seen when I was 8 outside my window. The teacher went white and dismissed me immediately.

Curiosity got the better of me a few days later so I found the girl, who had drawn this identical picture, let's call her Jane, I asked about the picture and her story matched mine. Both 8 years old same 3 scratches on the window, same description of the 'thing'. After that Jane and I became quite good friends during high school.

Now we skip a few more years.

I was 22 years old at the time living in a bedsit on the 3rd floor of this building, I had a boyfriend called martin who would come to stay at mine or I would stay at his from time to time. One day we woke up at mine switched on the TV made us coffee when out the blue martin asked me "Do you have an Imp following you?" I replied with something such as "been reading too many fairy stories have we?" Martin then explained what he had seen outside my window, he was woken up by the 3 taps on the window and had seen this 'thing' the descriptions matched up to what I had seen all those years ago. When I took a closer look at the window there were 3 scratches on the outside of the window...

Would anyone be able to give me some insight to what this thing might be?

Other hauntings by ravenofmidian

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ravenofmidian, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

SoniaMary0023 (4 stories) (35 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-22)
Ive heard of "the three taps" "knocks" or "claps"... Its really faint in my memory but I feel like it has something to do with demons 😨 😨 I very hope it isnt... Hope you found your answers!
LastFrontiersman (1 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-19)
I had almost the same experience, although I did not notice any red to the eyes. The skin seemed to glow white, and it was on my bed with long spindly limbs almost insect like (the limbs) looking at me. I looked in the eyes and I felt as if they devoured the light. Then I felt a shock and woke up and it was gone but there was a light outside the window. I actually found your post because I was looking to see if anyone else remembers sharp teeth, needle like and small. Not that it opened it's mouth, but they were there. At least, if it was more than a hallucination of a child. It was at about the same age too. I never heard any taps or saw any marks on the window though.

I have a general question. Does anybody else have to cover their head in order to sleep? For some reason, unless there are other people around, if I'm alone and I need to sleep then I need to cover my head and body with a blanket or sheet.

I also saw two of the shadow people once, and I agree bad red color eyes when they are open. I said in my mind can I move towards the light, and heard yes. Repeated this a few times, and then flipped the light on. Then when I turned it back off they were gone. This was as a kid with a night light in the room, but if the night light had been casting shadows they would have been there when I turned the light off too, and they were gone.
DevinC12 (2 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-30)
Thats a pesky Imp... That's all, yell at it & it goes away... Well sometimes, heh...
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
10 years ago (2013-10-30)
lox100 - I don't want to appear rude, but we try to discourage people from submitting their experiences in the comments section on other member's stories. It would be much better for you to submit your story the same as everyone else has done, that way everyone will get a chance to give your story their undivided attention. And it also doesn't take away from this story.

Thank you.
lox100 (1 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-30)
Hi All
I am a 48 year old man in South Africa. I live in Port Elizabeth and have been for most of my life.

I have always been pested by shadows, really bad feelings, eyes watching me constantly and bad shiver attacks when entering a new house or building that people later tell me that I am not the only one to experience these "feelings" in that building.

Maybe I am just sensitive to these things, but I hate it. It gets in my way and disturbs my spirit.

Ok! About 4 weeks ago, I was packing a prep bag (Bug out bag) in my folks lounge in their house, when I was called to the phone ringing in the study room. On my return to the lounge, I glanced briefly into the lounge and decided to rather go to the kitchen for some coffee. In stopping at the door to the lounge, in my position of changing my mind, I froze solid. I literally froze in my tracks and experienced such a cold pins and needles attack when I saw what was busy digging through my things in my bag. It had it's back to me at first, then, slowly turned it's head to face me and closed it's small eyes, opened it's mouth full of small sharp teeth and looked like it hissed at me without sound though. It was on it's haunches and fully naked without a hair on it's body. It's spine was unusually pronounced. Unlike some of the stories I have read about similar sightings, this "thing" was pale to freshy coulour, but rinkled as though it was a 100 years old. Ears were slightly pointed to a tip on top, but pulled back against it's head. This "thing" did NOT have a visible tail. The image is so vivid that I should actually draw it and post it at some later stage.

When it saw me and reacted with this soundless hiss, it never stood up, but simply "hopped" like a rabbit, to behind my Mom's favourite chair. Thinking I was seeing things, I approached with caution. All of a sudden there was a low growl... Grunt sound and it raced past me, behind the couch, into the kitchen, and out of the window. The window is always open for my Mom's two cats.

The Cats refused to come into the house for two days after this incident, even though I called them and tempted them with their favourite food.

Some of the items I had put into my "Bug Out Bag" were pulled out. Now if it was an animal, it would not have removed the Campcraft knife, the extra tent pegs and the small roll of bailing wire from the bag. It would probably have gone for the food, even though the "food" was all dried veggies and soy. The food was not touched.

I have no idea how it got through the window so fast, but as it did, it left a mark on the window itself. A greasy mark. I took a photo of the smear before I cleaned it off, as I thought it scared the cats. They could obviously "smell" it. When I looked at the photo, it was blurred so badly, I could not make out what it was. Made me think. Made me think deeply.

Firstly, it was not a cat I saw. It was about 2 and a half feet tall. No cat I know is that big. The lighting in the lounge was very good. I know what I saw, was nothing like something I have seen before. I know animals as I am a naturalist and love my little critters, no matter how big or small. It moved very differently to anything I know. It had NO hair on it's body at all.

Lastly, I have never taken drugs and don't drink the evil drops of satan either, so I have been sober all the while. THIS was something right out of hell.

Since this sighting, I regularly get the "feeling" and have cupboard doors all opened in the whole house, even those with chairs deliberately positioned in front of them. Things are disappearing from one area of the house and found somewhere else. I feel I am loosing my mind sometimes. Then I realise that this "thing" is probably toying with me.

My folks are coming back from a 2 month stay in australia in 4 days time. I am not too sure if I should express to them what I have been going through. Maybe I should let them experience it for themselves. I probably will be suspected of playing games with them though 😁 Grins!

Anyone else get this happening to them or had a similar experience?

Feel free to email me:

Lox1000000 [at] gmail.com

Craig
icewolfghost (17 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-09)
I have an spooky experience too. In my bedroom I can see out of my window. There is a massive tree out side my window and I can see moving shapes in the tree. These include a girl crying a snake and a kite stuck in the tree. These are signs of things to come. You have done wrong and you must make it right. It sounds like an omen. Talk to your friend that saw the same thing. The numbers have meanings too.
All the best,
Wolf
😊
Shylaw (9 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-31)
the same thing happens to me but instead it looks more different... I don't know what it looks like much... But I saw this thing in my window and it tapped three times on the window just like yours. Since I live in the building I knew something wasn't right... In the morning I looked out my window because you can take the screens out... I saw three scaratch marks... Now I'm still young. I'm a pre teen... My mom doesn't believe me either... At least you will? 😢
JBarum (28 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-15)
I meant, the find I find odd is that I saw a being outside my window too. I was really young at the time. About the same age as you.
JBarum (28 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-15)
I'd say it's an imp. Imps are small demons that like to cause mischief but typically don't cause any harm. The thing I find out is that I saw (or had a dream, I'm not sure, I was really young) about a behind outside my window. I lived in an apartment at the time, on the 3rd story. So it wasn't anything normal. It was right outside my window peering in at me. The only difference is that the being I saw was all black, I couldn't make out anything unusual as far as the eyes or mouth. It may have been hairy... But had the general outline of a small person. (like a head silouhette) Many years after that, I lived in a house and me, my brother and his friend were messing with the Ouija board... And we kept hearing loud scratches, in sets of three. They were super loud. Almost as if someone was rubbing together giant pieces of sand paper. I could never find the source of the sound but it sounded like it was coming from inside and outside at the same time. To this day I refuse to sleep with any windows drawn. I have to have the curtains/blinds completely shut. And I'm 27 years old
GemIsObsessedWithGhostsLol (10 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-14)
That is creepy! If there is any possible way for you to get in touch with Jane you should try to and ask her about it!;)
ravenofmidian (2 stories) (5 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-08-10)
I havnt been able too get hold of jane but I did ask my old boyfriend about it as well as doing my own research.
I did find a photo online which looks very similar too what I saw although I'm on my phone internet I will try to share the pic at some point.
Hexotericka (6 stories) (45 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-09)
Theavisbeth, gargoyles were hideous stone carvings placed on buildings. This was mostly done in the belief that they would scare away evil spirits. So in essence they were placed on buildings as a form of protection. The only reference to gargoyles coming to life I have come across have been in fantasy novels and horror movies.
Ravenofmidian, I truly enjoyed reading this account. It would be interesting to hear if Jane had any more experiences.
Rain_Cloud (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-07)
sounds too me like an alien? I'm not sure though because aliens usually just come into the house... I don't know waht an "imp" is so I can't give any thoughts on that... But the way I'm picturing it it seems to me like an alien rather then demon... But youh should get the house blessed or get a clensing just in case.
Much love, keep safe
theavisbeth (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-29)
Sounds like maybe a gargoyle? Anyone know anything about them?
Kltpl (4 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-15)
I can explain if you
Give me the drawing you draw I can explain it easily in drawing add me at facebook named Kevin hawk
ravenofmidian (2 stories) (5 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-15)
Thank you all for your insight. I've been thinking about this for a while. Jane and I where both 8 both girls I wonder if the thing visited her when she was 22. I also wonder if the these numbers mean something
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-06-15)
Well here is the result of my 'quick' research... If you wish I will continue to look and see if I can find anything else...

Korreds: Big heads, small bodies... But they are hairy... Guardians of Stone Alters.

Phynnodderees: Naked emaciated bodies (male) associated with water.

Servan: Like to hide things, leave behind 'footprints'. Supposedly never been seen.

Urisks: Wrinkled, emaciated bodies. Hair in small patches, duck feathers on back of necks. Huge head. Seek humans as friends but due to their ugly appearance they are shunned and/or scare people away.

There are more, I will gladly continue to research if none of these truly fit what you remember seeing.

Respectfully,

Rook
kristinarodriguez1980 (5 stories) (11 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-06-14)
I don't think what you experienced is an 'Imp'.It reminds me of something that's happened when I was around 8yrs old. My family is a very religious family. I remember while staying the night at my grandparents house I seen a full body image of what Id call a "demon".It was an all black shadow with red eyes and horns on the head. It had long arms and fingers with sharp looking nails, but remember... It was all black except for those eyes. It wasn't a pretty blood looking red either. It was a red that Ill never forget. During this time my father was a christian and was always in and out of it. I KNOW when he'd turn back to the Lord unexplained things would happen to him... Almost like the Devil was mad that he went to God and he was letting him know it as well as his kids. I told my gma the next day. She immeditley did a prayer over me and I have NEVER seen it again in my life. My advice to you would to get a blessing on yourself and take your religion to the next step... Faith wise.Good luck ❤
UntilTheWorldEnds (5 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-14)
rookdygin - your comment made me remember where I already read about a very similar creature to this one.

It came up while I was reading about reptilian aliens and their supposed love for advanced genetic engineering. According to some people they have a thing for mixing different races of aliens to make a new one. When you would mix a reptilian and a grey alien you would pretty much get a creature like the one ravenofmidian saw. There have been other reported sightings of such weird alien mixtures (I believe the right term is hybrid). Usually from abduction victims.
Now,i'm not saying any of this is true or that I believe in this. But that's how I got to read about a similar thing to this one.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-06-14)
ravenofmidian,

There is something about your description of this 'creature' that pulls on my memory strings... And yet I can't put my finger on it. That is so frustrating, it has something to do with Fairies and a few things I've researched about them. I'll keep digging and see I can find or remember just what is so familiar about the description...

Thanks for sharing this with us, it is a fascinating encounter and made even more so by your boyfriend seeing the creature.

Respectfully,

Rook
bacchaegrl (506 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-06-13)
Yes! I was thinking chupacabra! I believe the chupacabra is an alien pet that got lost in Latin America! LOL. It still doesn't explain why it has followed Raven all of these years. But no, not a demon.
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-06-13)
It is very interesting to me that it is so "physical" now normally people say demon because of the three scratches but any being could cause three scratches. From my "feeling" is that this is an alien animal or a goblin type creature. It is for sure not a demon. Demons are more energetic and very rarely appear in the physical form and they are usually more destructive and powerful. Even the imps will cause more trouble than tapping on the window. Some alien species might be less intelligent than their grey and reptillian counter-parts. So from what I "feel" this is an alien but not a very bright one. Probably in the same class as the chupacarbra.
bacchaegrl (506 posts)
+4
13 years ago (2011-06-13)
It sounds demonic, I guess. But I believe that a monster or a fairy could be involved. It almost sounds like a spooky legend or something; in the way that it has visited you all your life and left the same calling card. I wouldn't jump to a demon that quickly. And making assumptions like "mocking the trinity" doesn't help you at all. No one knows what you've seen exactly. I would be scared. Did you ever feel anger or malice from it? Was it scary just because of how it looked? Maybe it is an alien, though it doesn't follow classic alien behavior. Not that anything in the paranormal realm follows a strict set of rules. It sounds to me that you have been chosen for something. I hope that something is a good thing. You and Jane were singled out. You are special in some way. Keep us posted if you see anything else. I hope you stay safe.
turfster (2 stories) (9 posts)
-3
13 years ago (2011-06-13)
Its definetly a demon the three scratch marks are a mockery of the Trinity.
ravenofmidian (2 stories) (5 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-06-13)
I havn't dabbled in the occult of ouija boards at all. This thing didn't react just kept looking at me. And sadly am not in touch with jane tho might be able to see if she has a facebook account
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-13)
Man, the name "Martin" sure has been popping up a lot lately... I never knew there were so many of them. 😉

I'm not sure what this critter could be or why it's following you, but have you dabbled in the occult or ouija boards at all? By your description I'm imagining Gollum from Lord of the Rings with red eyes.
UntilTheWorldEnds (5 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-06-13)
Oh how I wish this story wasn't true. It sums up all my biggest fears. A hideous unknown creature, something following you, things outside your window (at night), physical evidence of the encounter and another person having the same expirience as you did.

Are you still in touch with the other girl,"Jane"?
I'm just curious. Maybe she noticed the creature again as well.

I would say this isn't a demon or anything of that sort, although I'm not sure.
The way they always leave the 3 marks on the glass made me think of some kind of marking. You know,like,"i was here".And not as a method of bringing attention to themselves.
You didn't say how this creatures react when being seen, so I'm just guessing.
darkfantum (44 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-06-13)
hi iv read your stori and this is my first comment iv made on this website (iv just started) I think it could be a demon or an alian because iv see a demon before

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: