You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Photographs / Videos / EVP :: Friends Creek Cemetery

Real Ghost Stories

Friends Creek Cemetery

 

Since I was younger I have had a few experiences with the paranormal in different houses I have lived in, from seeing figures, orbs, hearing noises I even had a pounding noise follow me around the house coming from the basement. I will admit I was a little freaked out at first but fear faded and interest took part. Just recently I started playing with an EMF reader I borrowed from my mother, trying it around the house we live in now.

Friends Creek Cemetery

My other half and I have picked up readings from personal items that belonged to his deceased father and the urn in which his fathers ashes are in. I have even taken pictures and gone back and looked at them later only to see nothing out of the ordinary. So yesterday I suggested that we take a walk around one of the cemeteries in our town of Argenta Illinois, when the sun started to go down. We picked Friends Creek Cemetery and I'm really glad we did, though nothing was picked up on the EMF reader I did manage to get a few pictures with Orbs in it. I will post them if its possible.

One picture however stands out the most... I was in the oldest section snapping pictures with the flash on. For some reason the flash didn't go off but I did manage to capture Orbs flying or floating if you will in the air around some of the stones. We would of liked to stay longer but getting eaten alive by bugs is no fun. I'm thinking that if I captured them there that I might have some luck at the other ones as well... Well at least I am hopeful! I would like someone to take a look and tell me what they think please and thank you!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Illinois

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ABlair85, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

smileydelwen (16 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-03)
Here's my thought. Dragonflies don't fly at twilight/night time... Mosquitoes do. I think it's a mosquito.
lp2298 (23 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-02)
Bug. You can see the body and wings. The flash back causes it to appear white.
ChiTownGirl (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-07)
But his ashes aren't in an urn. They're in a clock. I suppose, technically, the urn is in the clock. Good story, though.
TruthInDarkness (4 stories) (259 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-22)
I agree with everyone about it being a bug. However, it looks like a dragonfly or something similar to me. Keep hunting! You will capture something interesting at some point.
Lollyp0p300 (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-16)
I will say that is a fantastic story, however, I will also have to agree with the others it seems to be a bug of some sorts 😉
againsarahan (34 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-15)
It's the best Tinkerbell capture ever! Really a beautiful image, even if it's a bug. 😊
aiafaith1 (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-14)
This is an amazing picture! It looks so cool! I'm afraid though that I have to go with the others... It seems to be some sort of bug. Cool catch though!

AF1 ❤
Madyrina (68 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-13)
I'm going to have to agree with the other posters, it's a bug. But keep taking pics you never know what you might capture. Thanks for taking the time to share your photo! 😊
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-13)
can we see the pictures of the orbs? This one you caught a picture of a flying beetle. THat is so easy to do trust me! And since you guys were already looking for something in your photo I can easily see how you could have mis-identified this as being something paranormal. But this is a bug. The orbs you got are probably where the money. Please post!
sarahmariacecilia (3 stories) (105 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-13)
I does look a tad like a dragonfly to me, just with the shape. I'm in agreeance with taz and everyone else. 😕 Keep on searching, keep investigating and someday who knows you could catch something spectacular in a photo! ❤
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-13)
ok my opinion is that's a spider! Thick body thin legs. A flying insect would show up but not the legs far to thin to notice and wings make the "glow" seem round this one is all over the place.

The flash did go off the tiny dot in the forgroung is something reflecting the flash back at you.

Have seen enought spirit photo programs to see these thing stand out, sorry to drop this on you but nothing paanormal in this picture 😢

But please don't let this stop you doing what you seam to enjoy you never know what you might get next time 😁 carl
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-12)
In agreement with everyone that this looks like an insect. As you say you were being eaten alive by bugs I think an insect is a safe guess.
Sometimes you have to take hundreds of pictures before something ghostly appears in one. Keep it up, perseverance pays off.
DragonStorm80 (1 stories) (440 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-12)
I'm not too sure about this picture either, maybe if you feel like experimenting a bit, take some photos at the same place again, during different times of the day and just see what comes up? I am not doubting anything you have written, it's just very hard to read the explanations below and not see what they are talking about, because I thought it was like a shiny dragon fly when I first saw that myself, and I know when I take photos sometimes the flash will go off but I don't register that it has until I ask someone if it did and they say yes 😊

I'd love to see what you come up with in future photos 😊
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-12)
ABlair85,
I am in agreement with rook on the flash going off, mainly because the background is as visible as it is in the photo. The bright glowing object? Yes, a bug or a leaf is what I'm thinking.
Don't let this discourage you at all though, many times it's the photo that you didn't expect to have any odd properties to it that ends up being the 'keeper'.
Thank you for sharing.

Jav
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-07-12)
ABlair85,

From what I can see in the picture... I see some dimly lite grave stones (as if a flash went off). I see what may be a street light to the center left of the picture (the white light in the background). As far as the large 'glowing thing' in the foreground on the right? It seems to be a bug reflecting the 'flash'.

I know you mention that you believe the flash did not go off, but TO ME it appears that it did in the picture attached to your encounter.

I'm not trying to be 'mean' or 'rule out' that in some of your pictures you may have caught something, but I am just not seeing anything paranormal in this one picture.

Respectfully,

Rook

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: