You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Orchard

Real Ghost Stories

The Orchard

 

This is a small event that happened a few times when I was at the age of 10 -11. Every 2 months or so my Mum, Dad, Sister and I would drive down to my Aunties house in Donnybrook which is approximately 200klm or 125miles south from Perth Western Australia.

Now firstly my Aunt, Uncle and Cousin are very firm Jehovah's Witnesses, my family at the time were in and out of that religion and I eventually left all that behind when I reached the age of 12. Their beliefs where that if you did experience anything paranormal it was strictly the work of demons imitating whatever you had witnessed even it being past loved ones, they quote that when the someone dies they are now "conscious of nothing". Pretty ruthless in my opinion, anyway on to the story.

Their house was set on top of a hill in the country side, it's a very picturesque place and the town is very famous for their apples. They have many orchards around the town. Whilst you stand on the patio out the back, you can see that there is an orchard approximately 70 meters in front of you this was a very ominous looking place at night I might add. This orchard belonged to someone else, I never did know but am now interested to find out.

Upon arriving at their home it was late in the afternoon so we got given our rooms and got cleaned up had dinner, watched TV etc and went to sleep. This place did always have an eerie feeling to it but I never witnessed anything in that home. The next morning Kristy (my sister) Kyley (my cousin) and myself would get up early to play around the house mainly out the back because it was huge. There was a big bush area to the left of the home with a small lake there and plenty of hilly areas to ride my dirt bike on.

That afternoon we decided we would climb over the little wired fence that surrounded this orchard, which, by the way, was absolutely massive. We decided to have running races, one person to each lane if you know what I mean as the trees are all lined symmetrically. Now we did this quite a few times. I remember running for about 60 - 70 meters and looking to my left to see where my sister or cousin were to see if I was winning, they were just behind me but I could see them both in snippets running past the trees. Now the freaky thing was when I turned my head forward again there was someone else to my right in the next lane running as well which didn't make sense because no one else was with us. It was a kid, a boy around the same age as me maybe a bit younger. He was wearing jeans and a bluish checkered shirt if I recall correctly, he was laughing and giggling looking at me. I immediately stopped and looked to see who it was but there was nobody there. I asked my cousin and sister if they to saw someone else but they hadn't.

I shrugged it off and didn't think much about it until we decided we would race back up to the house. Now of course, we ate a few apples and that first. This time I was in the middle lane, my sister is to my left and my cousin to the right the race was on. I always kicked their butts but kind of slowed down a bit until it was fairly even again. About 30 meters from the end I look at my sister to the left, she was even with me but there is the same boy to her left as well, this time she seen him as well. This kid was having as much fun as we were, giggling and laughing. We stopped together thinking who the hell was that? We literally ran 3 or 4 meters into the lane the boy was in again to find nothing! There was no way he could have hidden that quickly either, as we ran a few different directions to find him but alas, nothing.

We talked about it a bit that evening we were all a little freaked out for a while there, we told the parents and yes they were very quick to dismiss and not talk about it again. This occurred quite a few times on visits to my Aunts, it was witnessed by my cousin as well at differant times but she thinks she has seen a little girl looking at her from behind the apple trees.

I saw this boy approximately 3 to 4 times all up in this orchard and he always looked you in the eye whilst running. It was like "I know you can see me" sort of look, was kind of eerie in a way, then he would just disappear! This is always one of the strangest and curious things I have witnessed in my life.

Thanks for reading.

Other hauntings by DARKNESS

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, DARKNESS, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2016-07-10)
Kindly_refrain

Sorry I missed your comments, yes I don't get on here as much as I would like to these days, so glad you enjoyed my accounts. Thanks for reading.

Dan
Kindly_refrain (16 stories) (195 posts)
+3
8 years ago (2016-04-20)
Hi Darkness, I know that this story had been here for a while so maybe you don't come here anymore. I just saw your comment on my Eldon House shoes story. I have now read all three of your stories.

The beckoning hand is interesting, the slamming door even scarier but the kid running with you in the orchard; that is really cool. Nice accounts.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+3
11 years ago (2013-01-23)
Christine_Pandora: Sorry I missed your reply, yes you are correct the off feeling was exacactly because the child was no longer from the physical plain but I didn't realise this at the time.
From what I understand the orchard is no longer there it is just vacant land now, but at the time it was just a private orchard which backed on to my cousins back yard. 😊

Dan
Christine_Pandora (1 stories) (80 posts)
+3
11 years ago (2012-12-04)
Hi Darkness,

I'm not sure if this has been brought up yet as i'm nearing the end of my lunch break and can't read all comments - anyways maybe the 'off' feeling was just you sensing he was not of this plain (no longer a living human) I know I get an off feeling every time I think I see or feel some one there.

Just an idea if not mentioned already 😁

And Apples and Cider I think i'm going to have to go on a road trip also 😁

Do you know if that Orchard actually allows people to visit or is it just an Apple farm?

Christine_Pandora
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+3
12 years ago (2012-05-01)
DARKNESS, I know! I was looking at it and I just started cracking up! Three legged Javelina! Hahahaha!

Jav πŸ˜†
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-05-01)
Jav, I know right when I first saw it I was like what the hell it only has 3 legs! Lmao hahahahahaha funny stuff! πŸ˜† πŸ˜†
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-05-01)
DARKNESS! You were right! Now that I can see, I just now looked at my profile page and saw that my Javelina only has three legs! Ahahahaha!
πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

Jav
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-04-18)
Bonnie_13: Thank you for your comment yes there are some rather eerie places around that area. Apparently the town of Balingup which isn't to far from Donnybrook, has a haunted building in there town, it used to be their old Bakery I believe, apparently it burnt down and people were trapped inside if I remember correctly. Definitely something to look up on. Thanks again 😊

Dan
Bonnie_13 (2 stories) (10 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-04-15)
heyy again, I don't know if you remember but you read one of my stories a little while back and gave me a helpful comment, considering we live in the same area you suggested I might know some of the places in your stories you metion. You are right I have been to donnybrook. Nice area I went to the old goldmines up there very eerie place, they have some fruit trees scattered around there reminded me of this. Just thought I would share 😊
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-01)
anneke8: Sorry I only just saw your comment from a few weeks back I apologise for that. I have had a real hard time finding information about this orchard so it still remains a bit of a mystery. If I ever do find anything I will be sure to post it up here! 😊

Thank you for reading.

Dan
anneke8 (10 stories) (274 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-01-17)
I love stories like this. Make me so curious about what history that place must have. WHY is it so difficult to find out the history of places? It is soooo frustrating! ❀
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-04)
Hahaha that's gold Jav the dogs are loving it! Lol well I'm outta here for now ill speak in 15 hours or so have a good one yeh! 😊 😁
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-07-04)
No way mate! I'm leaving those mutts out for the rest of the night! It's too hot during the day for them to frolic like they are now, but it's damn fun to watch from the safety of the sliding glass door that separates us! πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

Jav
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-04)
Hahaha that's awesome sounds like they are having a great time lol! Going to enjoy cleaning up those muddy paw prints later Jav lmao! πŸ˜†
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-07-04)
Ha! Ha! Ha! DARKNESS, you ought to see them right now...They're doing skids and broadies like there's no tomorrow and they got all the mud that's left on earth! πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

Jav
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-04)
Hahaha Jav they been stuck inside for too long, just hanging out to have a run around I bet lol that's awesome!😁 Glad to hear this Jav, the rain is cleansing for you now! 😁
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-07-04)
Thanks DARKNESS. The more it rains, the smoke gets washed away and the easier it is for this old asthmatic to breathe. And my dogs are going nuts! They just want to get out there and roll in the mud, and as soon as the lightening stops I'm letting them out to do just that! πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

Jav
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-04)
Hey Jav that is awesome news, hopefully you guys get some relief, your well due for it! Fingers crossed here! 😁 ❀
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-04)
Hey DARKNESS!
It's raining at my house! Woo-hoo! This will hopefully help the get the rest of the fires put out... 😊

Jav
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-06-29)
Hi Luce, the trees are no longer there it is basically a big field now well that's what it looked like when I was using Google Earth, although they could be getting it ready for another season or something like that! Yeh I think I might be able to scrounge up some pictures if not I may be able to put a link in from google earth or something, I will look into it! 😊

Thank you for your comment!
luce (2 stories) (44 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-06-29)
I wonder if you ran the same track today, will the kid remember you and run next to you? Eep. That's all the confirmation you need I guess. If you do visit, mind taking pictures?:D
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-06-28)
Hey Trix good to hear from you, I'm having such a hard time trying to find out information about this place and the boy. I have been considering going down there sometime soon see if I can find somewhere in the town I can find more info. He did seem to be enjoying himself, just wish I knew more about him. The orchard is no longer there, when I google earthed it it is a just a field, although they could be getting it ready to plant again!

Thanks for your comment Trix always good to hear from you! 😁

Dan
Trix (14 stories) (407 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-06-27)
Hi Darkness, sorry I'm also late. I'm just very glad I didn't miss out on your story. The other posters said it all already. I loved your story and much enjoyed reading it. There is nothing more excited than an old fashioned ghost story. Excellent story... I wish you would pick up your pen more frequently and share all those other stories also with us.
I checked out the link you've sent and it made me miss my family all over again when I saw the Australia pictures of that farm. That little boy shame, it was like he really graphed the opportunity to play when it was there with your kids. Maybe I'm wrong but, I think sometimes a ghost life can also get lonely. Thanks for sharing. Take care. Trix.
πŸ˜‰
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-20)
BadJuuJuu: All good better late then never yeh! πŸ˜† I know what you mean by getting to stories and everything has already be mentioned, spose we are just to good! Will keep you all informed.

Thanks for the comment BJJ 😁
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+3
13 years ago (2011-06-20)
Sorry I haven't commented on this before. 😭
Not too much to say that hasn't been said, but I love this story and it's going to favorites. Hope you can find out more about this boy.
❀
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-20)
Lilady4: Good to hear from you, When I saw this boy it pretty much spun me out, so I slowed down and went to see who the hell it was! I didn't ever find him or see him apart from whilst running or playing in the orchard, basically when you least expected it. 😊

Redphx: It did seem as though he was having fun running around with us something was a bit off with him but as I have previously mentioned in my comments this is what I am trying to find out! There doesn't seem to be a lot of info though so it is slow goings.!

Thank you for your comments! 😁
Lilady4 (7 stories) (427 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-06-18)
Great story here, DARKNESS. One question though, did the boy disappear after you stopped running?
P.s. I'm BACK!
Love & Light, Rachel ❀
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-17)
How fun that this little boy was playing too! He is a child after all. I am pleased that he also got to experience such a fun afternoon.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-06-16)
zzsgranny: Thank you! At least I know I'm not alone in my thoughts, lol. I have a feeling at least 3 accounts are involved, possibly more... And yes, "itsplay" is an understatement if that's the case. I barely have the time for one life, let alone multiples.
DragonStorm80 (1 stories) (440 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-06-16)
Well he may have been meaning it in that way too lol would be really interesting to find out the history and any legends/stories for that area tho

And a cider!? Don't you go soft on me Dan πŸ˜†

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: