You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Non Human Entities :: Poser Mom

Real Ghost Stories

Poser Mom

 

I don't know if I put the correct title and please bear with me because I'm not good at story telling but here it goes.

I was still living in San Juan City when this incident happened. As a kid, I have this portable computer (I think it's the VTech one) that I'm so fond of playing with. One day, one of my friends borrowed it from me (by the way, we lived in an "eskinita" or I think "alley" in English) and my friend lived at the end part of the alley with big trees at the back of their house. He borrowed my computer during lunch time but since it's getting dark already, I decided to go to his house and get my computer.

When I arrived at their house, I saw that their door wasn't closed completely but still, I decided to knock and that's when I saw my friend sitting on a couch near the door.

I was talking to him about my computer when I noticed a very old woman arranging some clothes on their dining table that needed to be ironed (really old because her skin was so wrinkled, brown colored, wearing a bandana on her head and she can't stand straight because she has the posture of a hunchback. If you've seen her, her height would be below 4' 11"). I asked him who she was and he told me that she was his mother. I was quite surprised because I didn't expect that his mother would be that old. By the way, I haven't met or seen his mother personally because most of the time, his mom was at the province but my mom and his mom know each other and every time we played, he always goes to our house.

His "mom" suddenly looked at me and she didn't take her eyes off me until I went home. I usually greet everyone every time I visit a friend's house but I don't know what happened because when I saw his "mom", I didn't utter even a single "hi" to her, I just looked at her.

Days have past and at that time, blackouts are part of our daily lives so we're used to open our doors to let the air come in. At a particular day, I came downstairs and saw my mom talking to a tall lady about 5'7" or 5'8" in height with a fair complexion. My mom introduced me to her and the lady said, "ikaw pala si -----, ako yung mama ni ----, yung humiram sayo ng computer" (oh! So you're -----, I'm the mother of ----, the one who borrowed the computer from you). I was startled because my friend said that the old lady that I saw at their house was his mother. So I said, "kayo po ang mama ni ----!? Eh sino po yung matandang babae na nakita ko sa bahay nyo po ng kinuha ko yung computer" (you're the mother of ----!? Then who was the old lady that I saw when I went to your house to get my computer?)

My friend's mom said, "sinong matanda? Eh ako yung andun ng kinuha mo yung computer. Nakatingin pa nga ako sayo nun eh, pero hindi mo ko binabati, iniisip ko nahihiya ka kaya hindi mo ko binati tsaka wala naman ibang tao dun ng kinuha mo yung computer kundi kaming dalawa lang ni ----" (Old lady? I was the one with my son when you went to our house. I was also looking at you then, but you haven't greeted me I thought you're just shy and besides, there's no one there but me and ----).

My friend's mom suddenly has a weird look at her face and said that it's a lucky thing that I didn't talk to the old lady that I saw at their house because something might happen to me because there are a lot of elementals that are wandering in their place because of the big trees at the back of their house. She also told me not to go to their house for some time because she thinks that the "elemental" might do something more physical to me than just that incident.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Shanigua, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Fuchsia (5 stories) (64 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-17)
[at] JustCurious:

A "kapre" in Philippine folklore is another kind of elemental who also lives in trees. They are believed to be very huge men (of gigantic proportions), have dark hairy skin and are often seen smoking tobacco. It is said that you will know a kapre is around because they have this distinct fishy smell. They don't hurt people but are mischievous creatures who sometimes cause panic or for some people to get lost in the woods. There are also stories about people being taken to their "world", feeling like they were there for just an hour and then be surprised to learn that they've already been missing for a week! Weird huh?
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-16)
Shanigua,
Whoa! That would freak anyone out, I must say, you did a good job of keeping your cool when she told you that it was her you saw that day.
I love this story, and you told it well. It really does make you wonder about her though. Even if there are elementals living around their yard, it still is freaky that you saw her as an aged old woman with a hunched back. I guess there are just more things to learn about when it comes to the paranormal than most of us can even imagine.
Thank you for sharing your story with us, this is the first one of this kind I've read about here.

Jav 😊
JustCurious (2 stories) (434 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-16)
Just out of curiousity what is a "Kapre"? Dont know if I have heard of it before.

Peace
JustCurious
Shanigua (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-16)
[at] geetha50
Yes I have and I said to him that I'll never step a single foot inside their house or anywhere near their house anymore... Hehehe... 😊 he said to me that he knows there are many elementals around their place but he was just used to having them around...
Shanigua (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-16)
[at] Gizzy
Thank you... I believed that they've experienced many unexplainable things in their place that's why she said straight away that it was an elemental... I even heard a story that there was a "kapre" living in one of the trees behind their house... I don't know if it's true because I've never seen a "kapre" once (and I hope that I won't see one EVER in my life)... 😊
Shanigua (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-16)
[at] johntravis
Thank you... 😊 actually, since that incident, I never went near their house anymore...
Shanigua (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-16)
[at] MsSavannaBieber
I was not really scared when I was at their house because I didn't think that the old woman I saw was not really his mom... I was freaked out when his real mom confirmed that she was the one who's arranging the clothes, not an old woman whom I saw...
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-15)
I agree with the other posters, your story was a really freaky. Did you talk to your friend about what happened?
Gizzy (3 stories) (71 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-15)
How strange I would have been completely freaked out if she had said that it was her looking at you and you saw an old lady, and strange that she straight away said that it was an elemental like that had happened before. I do not know enough about elementals to advise you.
Did she say how they deal with the elementals to ensure that no harm befalls them?
I enjoyed your story and hope to hear more from you 😊 Gizzy
johntravis28 (guest)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-15)
That certainly is a creepy experience. I'm not 100% familiar with elementals, but everyone I've heard of has been a nasty experience in some way. I'd agree with your friends Mum. Best to stay away from the house for a while... Just in case.

Thanks for sharing... I enjoyed your story
MsSavannaBieber (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-14)
Woah, that's freaky! I would be so creeped out if that happened to me.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: