You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: A Ghost In My Bathroom

Real Ghost Stories

A Ghost In My Bathroom

 

Recently, I moved out of the house I lived in for 11 years (age 7-18). I believe that it was haunted. I would hear things that nobody else could hear, I saw shadows sometimes, and things would go missing all the time.

It all started when I went into the bathroom sometime around midnight when I was about 12. I had just walked in, and I turned to look in the mirror. Something made the shower curtain move, and I could hear little voices in the shower talking about me. It freaked me out so badly that I don't use the bathroom in there unless the shower curtain is open.

My next experience involved my cell phone. I had left it on my bed while I went into the other room to talk to my mom. When I came back, the phone was missing. I spent three hours calling it and looking for it, and eventually found it turned off in my bathroom on the soap dish. After that, little things like lighters, earrings, and books would go missing from where I put them and end up somewhere I would've never put them.

Once, I was laying on my couch watching "A Haunting" on television. It was an episode about a violent ghost, who tended to scratch the family and leave bruises on the little boy in the house. I tend to talk to the TV, so I scoffed and told it that something like that couldn't possibly happen. Right after, I felt a pressure on my right ankle. I sat up and rolled up the bottom of my pants. Right there on my ankle was an inch-deep, three inch long cut up my ankle. It looked like someone had taken a sharp knife and cut into my leg. I freaked out, turned off the TV, and ran to the bathroom to clean and bandage the cut.

I think there is a ghost in my house, and the reason he/she hurt me was to prove that it could happen. I told a friend about my experiences and she had some similar ones. She told me that I'm probably an empath, which explains why I could hear things that my family didn't.

Has anyone else had experiences like this?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from North Carolina

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, RoseRed92, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Kiego (2 stories) (52 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-08-12)
Damn! An inch deep cut? That's deep enough to cut tendons and muscle tissue. Maybe its a bit exaggerated? A lot of people don't understand how deep an inch actually can be. That's crazy though, I would have freaked out a bit I think. Thanks for the read =)
Starshipz (1 stories) (17 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-21)
Hi guys! Party goat is only 13 like me. When your 13 you say things like that. I'm not taking sides of any sort but partygoat, if if cut her with a knife and she says that to get out and stuff, then it can possibly do way more WORSE stuff. But I agree with you about asking them to go away but if you do ask them to go away ask them nicer so there is less damage done to this person. I'm not trying to take sides.

❤ ❤ starshipz 😳
DragonStorm80 (1 stories) (440 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-21)
johntravis~ you make some good points there, hopefully the author will reply at some point to clarify all the questions and details that have been brought up here 😊
johntravis28 (guest)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-21)
I had my doubts about this story when I read it as it seems the author is really open to suggestion therefore probably has a very active imagination. The shower curtain could have been moved by any kind of a draft. I'm sure all of us have found things where we think we didn't leave them only to be remembered later on. Now I am not calling BS on this story as it is not my place to do so, but when the author started exagerrating (ie size of cut) then I wonder what else was exaggerated.

I also notice that the author hasn't commented since, and I would really like if (s) he would, to clarify the events and give an accurate account of what REALLY happened for discussion.

Cheers
DragonStorm80 (1 stories) (440 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-21)
By no means was I was saying I think the whole story should be discredited and agree with much of what everyone has said here.

PartyGoat... I believe picking fights with any being living or on the other side is a very dangerous practice to be following and condoning, I think you may want to reconsider your approach to such matters.
JustCurious (2 stories) (434 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-06-18)
Im siding with 510mot here on this one. Best not to pick a fight with a potentially violent ghost like what Partygoat is saying.

Best to take a safer approach.

Peace
JustCurious
510mot (3 stories) (262 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-06-18)
Let me get this right, Partygoat, you are advising someone to pick a fight with an invisible entity? One that can manipulate the physical world but can't be touched? I don't think you have given this problem due consideration. Suppose this entity doesn't respond well to threats? What then? Move to Jersey? In my experience, when one threatens to kick someones rear, they must be prepared to back it up.
PartyGoat (4 posts)
-4
13 years ago (2011-06-18)
Yeah this is really a being.
The cheap doll doesn't live, it's the ghost that takes over it's "body". I think that it was a poltergeist or a demon. They are the most common spirits and ghost types. They are not strong, if you just ignore them, or just ask to go away. You can (like me) say: GET THE HELL OUT OR ILL KICK YOUR BUTT! It works most of the times. They know that you are strong and not really afraid of them and then theyre going to find another house. I may be only 13 years old, but I have experienced really much paranormal activity. I see them myself...
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-17)
Red,
For what it's worth, I agree with you. My daughters are grown now but I can hear the same sort of exaggerated comment coming from them as they would be explaining some incident that happened to them. That's nothing to discredit the whole story over.

Jav
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-06-17)
I think the embellishment was on accident. Seeing as how young this person is I don't think they did it on purpose. That is the feeling I get.
darkfantum (44 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-06-17)
i think your story is creepy and it must be hard for you not being able to do anything about it

My suggestion is to get your local priest to bless the house every year or something I don't know if it wil work but its worth a try

Yours truly darkfantum
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-16)
RoseRed92,
Do you mean the experience of getting your comeuppance after basically daring something to happen that you just said was impossible? Yes, I have. Not funny when it happens, and I guess it still isn't funny for you after being physically harmed, but I can honestly say that I can look back and laugh at some of the things I thought had to be impossible only to have it proven otherwise pretty much on the spot.
Thanks for sharing, and I hope you've healed up by now. 😉

Jav
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-16)
Regardless of all opinions, this individual felt they wanted to share. And they did. It is up to interpretation on the part of the reader.

I have posted stories on here and had some major life experiences that one could call outlandish. I stand by them; that is why I came to this site and have been a member for years. We need an outlet so, if this is the incident that happened to you- I believe you and would like more details.

God Bless!
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-16)
I agree, embellishments usually mean that the person is looking for approval and attention. In this case, it may be an accident or just needs further explanation. I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt here, but when it comes down to it, embellishments are a form of lying. You are essentially lying to make the story more interesting. Call it what you will, but it's not too much of a stretch for me to go from lying about small details to lying about the whole experience.

And yes, bacchaegirl, you are correct. Empaths feel the emotions of others (living and dead) but do not necessarily SEE the dead or communicate with them. Empaths are brought in on professional "ghost hunts" because they can sense the emotions of present spirits.
DragonStorm80 (1 stories) (440 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-16)
red... I can understand an over exaggeration while telling a story, really I can.

It just seems a little disrespectful to this site to exaggerate anything given the stories and information on this site are purely meant to be factually based.

But that's simply my opinion and I'm not trying to upset anyone by saying that either. 😊
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-16)
well I think that the cut was an exaggeration. Like when someone explains how big the fish was they caught. I do it all the time. "honey go kill that spider, it's [... ] this big. I don't think you can spare in inch deep into the ankle around the bone and all that. It may have been 1/4 in deep that sounds more likely.

As far as your ghosts. They do follow the typical haunting patters of regular ghosts who have nothing better to do but mess with you. I would ask them to stop.
DragonStorm80 (1 stories) (440 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-16)
That is the first thing I noticed too! A cut that size would require a hell of a lot of pressure and a trip to the emergency room at the hospital for stitches.

Baccchaegrl... From I have read and been told you are 100% correct an empath feels other peoples emotions and a sensitive senses things (for lack of better words here)

I am skeptical of this story, I do hope the poster replies and clears some of our queries up.

😊
bacchaegrl (506 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-16)
That's what worried me as well. An INCH DEEP? Yipes. Wouldn't that cause a lot more pain than a bit of pressure? You must have gone to the doctor. How else would you have known it was an inch deep? How many stitches did you get? Unless you are new to the American way of measuring things-- not saying it's the right way or anything, but conversions can be hard--and you really don't know what an inch is, this is highly implausible. Even a centimeter deep sounds really bad. So the moral is don't talk to your TV? Isn't an emplath a person who feels other people's emotions? I'm being serious here, is an empath a blanket term for those who see spirits? I thought a sensitive and an empath were different things. Can anyone clarify this? I should know this, but now I'm confused.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-06-16)
Funny that someone mentioned Stephen King. I was going to suggest the author was a fan since she named herself Rose Red, which is the title of one of Stephen King's works. Stephen King has the uncanny and impressive ability to detail paranormal experiences and spiritual violence... Fictionally speaking, of course.

To the author: you said your cut was an inch deep? Especially on your ankle, which is an area that bleeds a lot (correct me if I'm wrong, guys) that would definitely require some medical attention. At best, you would be looking at being unable to walk on that foot for a while, because an inch deep means it probably tore through muscle, tendon and/or bone.

I'm also curious as to what the voices you heard said and how you knew they were talking about you.

I'm not saying this isn't a true story, but I think some details may have been added to make it more interesting.
sarahmariacecilia (3 stories) (105 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-16)
You said you heard the voices talking about you? What were they saying?
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-16)
Thanks, Geetha... But those are song lyrics, of which I cannot take credit.
Not a doctor... But I pl...I'll stifle my next thought.

I sense something in this story that doesn't quite add up...I've been wrong before, and implore the O/P to respond and set me straight.

Lou
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-16)
LouSlips,
I'm not a doctor but why didn't I think of that? Three inch cut would be really deep and doctor's check would be needed.

First question to RoseRed92 would be, Did you see a doctor about your injury?

Although, I agree with LouSlips about the injury, I will take the innocent until proven guilty approach with this story. (Sorry, LouSlip 😢).

Second question to you would be, what did the voices say and how did you know that they were talking about you?

Third question would be, did you spook yourself because you were watching a paranormal show?

I'm on the fence on this one, so RoseRed92, can you kindly response so that I don't have any reason to go join LouSlips?

Oh LouSlips,
I went to your profile to see if you were a doctor or someone in medical field (didn't see anything) but I did find your writing in the "About me" section. That is pretty good and cool. You should become a professional writer; you can become the next James Paterson or Stephen King! 😊 😆
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-16)
RoseRed,
Maybe it is your writing style, or maybe it is just me... The original event that occurred six years ago... I find it curious that you remember what time it occurred... Does that time hold some relevance to you or was it just the time you always used the bathroom?
What did the doctors say about your cut? I'm a bit of an expert when it comes to personal injuries... A one inch DEEP cut anywhere on your body would require stitches... A three inch LONG, one inch DEEP cut would result in an exorbinant amount of mess due to blood loss, regardless of how close to the bathroom this event started, and would require significant effort to control the bleeding.
Look at your ankle... Now look at a ruler... There is nowhere on your ankle that you can cut one inch deep and not do ligament, tendon, or cartilage damage... All of which would require corrective, if not reconstructive surgery... Did you forget that part of the story?
I hope you made this up completely... Because if you did not; you need to seek help for what you are doing to yourself.

Lou

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: