You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Children Who See Spirits :: Little Girl In The Attic

Real Ghost Stories

Little Girl In The Attic

 

When I was a little girl, my family moved around from state to state.

I was maybe 6 years old at the time maybe 7. I had just turned 8 when we settled in Georgia. This story may sound extremely clichΓ©, and you may not believe it. I didn't even believe my own eyes. I just thought my imagination got to me. But my little sister also saw her...

It was midday in the middle of fall when my family and I pulled into the gravel led driveway of an old two-storey house. My elder sister Raine* began claiming which rooms were going to be hers, even though she didn't even see the interior of the monster house. When I stepped out of the respectably old gold minivan, a chill went up my spine. I did not like that house. I did not want to even step inside that house, but I slowly joined my sisters anyway.

Once inside, the grown-ups immediately went to talk business in the kitchen. I, being a child, found it extremely odd that the adults didn't even see the house, but wanted to buy it anyway. As I turned to point this out to my sisters, they had both disappeared. I shrugged and started up the elegant flight of stairs. This house is amazing, I thought, but something isn't right.

I soon came across a little door in the hall, a random door. Filled with eager curiosity, I opened the door only to find... More steps. Slightly irritated, I ascended the next pair of stairs. My little sister, Cynthia* slammed into me and sent us both to the floor. "You little butt-head!" I cried. She giggled, but snapped out of it, "I don't like this place. It's weird." Her voice was a whisper. So I wasn't the only one. I nodded and helped her up. We burst through the door and landed on an old-wood floor.

There was a girl. She looked my age, or maybe slightly older. She had long, straight, black hair in to sleek ponytails. Each on either side of her face. A pale complexion with radiant skin. Full lips. Cute nose. And large dark eyes. She smiled at us, "Hello." she whispered. My little sister found her voice first, " Hey! We didn't know anyone was up here!" She shrugged, "Well, here I am." "Do you live here?" I blurted. Her eyes snapped in my direction. "Never mind." Touchy.

The three of us began talking like we were long lost friends. Saying how weird adults were and how they never listened. The girl picked up a penny," You want to see a trick?" My sister and I nodded. With a smirk on her lips she slid the penny in her ear. Tapped her head three times and held out the opposite hand. Which now held the penny. Our reaction was nothing short of admiration. Hearing the front door open, I grabbed my little sister. "Sorry, but we have to leave now. See you around?" I asked. The girl shrugged, "I suppose."

We flew down the stairs and out the door. My mom looked at us, "Where have you two been? You're filthy!" "Sorry mommy." Cynthia said. "We were just playing with the little girl in the attic." I said. My mom looked at me," What are you talking about? There is no little girl in the attic." Cynthia looked at me. I looked at her. "Yes there is." My mom shooed us into the car, apologized to the pale-looking realtor and got in the driver's seat. Adults never listen. As that thought slipped in and out of my mind, a chill went up my spine again. Slowly, I turned around. My eyes went directly to the glass window of the attic. The girl was watching me. She watched me as we pulled away. It was dark and I was young, but I saw her eyes turn black. The pupils seemed to devour her whole eye. At the look on my face she smiled. I blinked... And she was gone.

When I got older I found out it is impossible to put an object in your ear and it come out to the other side. My sister has better memory than I do. But I remember this. My mother still never listens when I say, 'stay away'.

*Names Have Been Changed*

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, dark-angel, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

harrypotterrules (59 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-01)
Has she done anything to you since? That includes contacting you.
zetafornow (4 stories) (447 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-30)
Names have been changed to protect the non-believers. I think this is a great ghost story. I think it happened a long time ago and stories tend to change after time... Things are added, embelished, added on, etc. I would say that this would be a good ghost story to tell on a rainy night around the fireplace.
TerriLewis123 (1 stories) (93 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-30)
This was a good story. I'm not sure what to make of the little girl. But as with most everything I'd guess, it's best to be careful. Thanks for sharing 😊
darkfantum (44 posts)
-2
13 years ago (2011-06-21)
dont listen to thoseother comments with the people laughing at you I believe you and it is weird that she is nice to you, but did yousee her again?
Yours truly darkfantum
Kltpl (4 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-21)
Ask your mom why she panic when she heard that
You played with the little girl
DragonStorm80 (1 stories) (440 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-21)
DARKNESS~ ha ha ha ha ha πŸ˜† Yeah someone out there has a freaky little mind that decided to evolve its way into advertising! Lol

I'm seriously not holding my breath for a reply from this author... Lame!
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-06-21)
Lotus good to hear from you again!😁 Hope you are doing well stranger! 😊

DragonStorm80: Yeh that thing was a dirtbag who came up with that for a chip mascot haaaa! πŸ˜† Samboy chips are heaps better anyway!lol
DragonStorm80 (1 stories) (440 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-21)
DARKNESS~ ha ha ha You know I had to go there! You'd need an endless supply of "chippies" to keep it from slamming doors and all ha ha ha It kind of DOES look creepy though, you know for a crisp thieving fuzzy thing! πŸ˜†
princessLotus (2 stories) (555 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-21)
Uhm...I can't...I don't...Know about this one? My daughter writes ghost stories, but hers are real.

~LSD~ πŸ€”
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-06-21)
DragonStorm80: Ahahaha you had to go there didn't you! Lmao the Gobbledock, can you imagine that thing haunting you in your house haha lmao! πŸ˜† 😨
DragonStorm80 (1 stories) (440 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-20)
[at] DARKNESS~ Every time I hear the word Doppleganger I think of the Gobbledock monster in the Smith's crisps commercials lol! πŸ˜†
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-20)
Ahhh the little girl in the attic, she must have a million Doppelgangers! πŸ˜† I'm with you on the Blanket Alarm!
DragonStorm80 (1 stories) (440 posts)
+4
13 years ago (2011-06-20)
Still no reply from the author on this one story I see, hmmmm... See3ms a shame so many valid questions and yet no answers... πŸ€”
TwilightGirl90 (guest)
-2
13 years ago (2011-06-18)
I'm like you, I move from state to state. That's my parents fault, and they don't really like to listen either. I'm not living with them in Colorado at the time, but when school starts back their moving and I have to go with them. I suggest you read my three stories. 😊
PartyGoat (4 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-18)
Just a ghost looking for friends that's all, otherwise she would be aggressive. I have a friend who is befriended with a ghost:O!
ams112700 (27 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-18)
Well maybe you thought her eyes turned black I mean it WAS dark... Or she could have possibly been a demon girl or dark angel. Well Lord Bless ❀ 😊
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-06-17)
And where, pray tell, is this house? Ohio, Georgia? The name of the town? What kind of house? This isn't a real story, it's just another lame attempt at coming up with a plausible story- all about how adults don't listen.
Well we do listen. And we don't get caught up in April Fool's jokes too often.
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-17)
dark-angel, I'm sorry but I'm really confused. You mentioned in the beginning that you were 8 when you settled in Georgia. Was this house in Georgia, or Ohio? I also have a lot of the same questions as the other posters, so I won't trouble you with having to read through them again. It is very possible like Lou said for your parents to have looked at the house first before bringing the rest of the family in to see it. Towards the end you mentioned the realtor being present. Did she know anything about the house, or mention a tragedy that occurred to your parents?
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+6
13 years ago (2011-06-17)
darkangel: I've read this story three times, and still can't figure out the 4th paragraph...

"I soon came across a little door in the hall, a random door. Filled with eager curiosity, I opened the door only to find... More steps. Slightly irritated, I ascended the next pair of stairs. My little sister, Cynthia* slammed into me and sent us both to the floor. "You little butt-head!" I cried. She giggled, but snapped out of it, "I don't like this place. It's weird." Her voice was a whisper. So I wasn't the only one. I nodded and helped her up. We burst through the door and landed on an old-wood floor."

Was the door "little" in the sense that it was shorter, or narrower or both?...You ascended the "next pair of stairs", were there only 2 stairs, or did you mean set of stairs, and you only made it to the second step?...Why were you irritated to find more stairs?...Was there another door at the top of the stairs that you two burst through, and did the actions of your sister cause you to burst through the second door, or do you mean that you burst through the first door that lead to the second set of steps, in which case, you would have been sprawled on the stairs, and not on the floor?...Surely you can understand my confusion...

I see I'm not the only one ready to send up "the Blankey alarm" 😊 ❀
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
+7
13 years ago (2011-06-17)
dark-angel,
I find several components of this story to be rather curious. First, if you want people to believe in your account, don't tell them at the start, that they likely will not.
Everyone has touched on the eye-thing...it is pretty obvious that you would not be able to see anyone's pupils from that distance. Unless,...was this a giant ghost girl?
Is it possible your parents had already viewed the house? Most families tour a house together and the parents make suggestions on what they could do in each room if they bought it, to encourage the children to buy into it. It is a bit odd, and more than a little rude to allow your children to rummage, unattended, through a house that belongs to someone else.
The "little door" implies that this was to an attic or a storage area, not a conventional bedroom or parlor? An area like this would have one door or passage to it, not multiple. So for your sister to be in this same place, she would have to use the same door... If she used the same door, why was she walking in a different direction when you bumped into each other?
So, you were neatly tucked away in the catacombs of this ominous Victorian mansion... And from this secluded location, you not only heard the front door...but, what?...your parents were leaving without you?...does your family have a history of neglecting and abandoning their children?
You've got the structure, and some sensational details intact; but you really need to work on the analytical development of your story... If you leave too many loose ends, you will find they get picked at, and then the whole thing unravels.

Lou
DragonStorm80 (1 stories) (440 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-06-17)
I'm curious whether they moved in also, but if they had wouldn't the story be longer?

"She watched me as we pulled away. It was dark and I was young, but I saw her eyes turn black.": I'm figuring this statement is trying to say I'm sure this is what I saw however it was dark and I was young so maybe not? And if they were just pulling away, she may have been close enough to see such a thing, maybe.

Just my opinion 😊
TruthInDarkness (4 stories) (259 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-16)
Sounds ominous. I'm not so sure "she" was anything that you would want to befriend. As others have asked, did your family actually move into that house? If so, did anything else happen?
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-06-16)
dark-angel,
Interesting story. Well written too. But my question is about the eyes of this child in the attic window as you looked up from the inside your car. I, like bacchaegrl, am surprised you were able to see her well enough from that distance to be able to even make out her eyes at all.
After witnessing all that you did, you find a simple magic trick, a little slight of hand, unbelievable?
Now THAT is funny! πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

Jav
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-16)
I kind of have to second everything bacchaegirl said... How did you see her eyes turn black? She doesn't sound very nice at all... She might have been friendly at first, but the fact that she seemed to enjoy seeing you scared makes me feel like something else was going on here.
cocoloco1234 (2 stories) (5 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-16)
great story! I agree with amy111 about her being friendly the coin trick must have looked cool lol πŸ˜†
Cholulteca (148 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-16)
Good story, thanks for sharing it, now, my question is, did you actually moved into that house?:)
bacchaegrl (506 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-16)
Nice story! Very well written. Adults are lame like that sometimes. If I ever have a kid, and they tell me something strange, I'll listen. It's the least I could do. Anyway, how did you see the little girl's eyes turn black? It seemed like you were rather far away from her when this happened. Could it be something you imagined, just because you were already creeped out? She really didn't seem that friendly, did she? It seemed, at the last moment, she delighted in scaring you. Did you ever go back to that house?
amy111 (19 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-16)
unbelieveable but very amazing [at] maybe she was a very nice ghost but she wanted to be friendly with you which she was about your age or so.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: