You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Figure Outside My Window

Real Ghost Stories

Figure Outside My Window

 

This story happen to me 11years ago at my house on the South Side of Tucson, AZ. Up to this date it still haunts me because I don't know what I saw or Why I saw it but I saw it and it scared the hell out of me!.

I was 19 years old at the time, it was like 8pm it was dark outside and I was in my room sitting on my desk. I was on the phone talking to my cousin when I happen to look outside, now my desk is facing the window so I looked and I saw a shadowy figure staring at me! I didn't freak out at first because I actually thought it was my mom.

The figure was about 4'9, 5" the same size as my mom and also it had short shoulder length hair and the stance just like my mom. Thinking it was my mom I knocked on the window and asked what she was doing there but no response, and then I opened the window and asked the same thing and again no response. I could see that the head was turning left and right a couple times.

Suddenly I heard a knocked on my door and it was my mom saying "dinner is ready" I turned and looked at the door then looked back at the window and the shadow figure was gone! I said the words "oh hell no". I asked my mom if she had been in back and she said no I haven't been out there at all, how about dad? Nope he has been watching TV for the past hour!

I never could find an explanation or figure out what I saw. If you would like to comment on this please do so. All feedbacks are welcome. Oh by the way no trace of any footprints were found outside at all! Very freaky!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Arizona

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, shadow1, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

lsandhu (2 stories) (360 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-20)
You seemed to feel quite strongly that it was your mother and I'm not sure if that was due to the physical similarities or because that's the most logical choice of person that it could have been outside your window at that time. Depending on which, I think this could be a Doppelganger, as some have suggested. That only answers the what and not the why, but at least it gives you another line of investigation, if you're so inclined.
shadow1 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-19)
Darkfantum,

No, I haven't seen that shadow figure anymore it was just that one nigh and that shadow figure was like 3 to 5 feet away from the window I mean it was really up close to me.
Lilady4 (7 stories) (427 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-19)
Very interesting story here, shadow1. I was thinking along the lines of Doppelganger, but people aren't really saying that it could be a Doppelganger on this site, so I really have no clear idea of what it could be.
Love & Light, Rachel ❤
PartyGoat (4 posts)
-2
13 years ago (2011-06-18)
It was a woman, long hair had same stance as your mom.
Obvious it was a bhoot. They make 1 of the most scariest moments in your life but they can't do anything against you. If it returns and returns, ask what she wants or ask if you can help her. If she doesn't say anything you can do 2 things:
1: Ignore her, and don't pay ANY attention.
2: Just scream the f*ck out of her that she needs to go away, works most of the times.
510mot (3 stories) (262 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-18)
I am trying to picture what you saw. How far away was the figure from your window? Assuming it was far enough away for you to see it's stance it was probably at least 20 feet away? Was the head turning suggestive of it looking for something? Long and deliberate or short and quick as if saying "No,I am not your Mom"?
JustCurious (2 stories) (434 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-18)
Alright. Time to work the keyboard and throw my two cents in on this discussion.

It could be possible that it may be a spirit linked to a traffic fatality in the area. The one thing that sticks out to me though is how you said that it resembled your mothers stance, etc.

The thing that I remember hearing before is that sometimes spirits can take an appearance of something that is familiar to you or less frightening. (not even sure if I spelt that word correctly).

The point I'm trying to make is that maybe the spirit wanted to let you know that it was there, and since it was involved in a crash, it is goin through the motions it did before it died.

Now it may have decided to take the appearance of your mother as far as her stance, etc. So that you wouldn't be as afraid as if you had seen someone you didn't recognize standing outside there.

I'm not sure if that is what it is, but that's what it sounds like to me from what I read.

Peace
JustCurious
-demolitionlover- (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-18)
Maybe it was a premonition. I'm not trying to be all dark, but maybe your mom is going to get into an accident or something.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-06-17)
shadow1,
You said it had a stance like your moms and it turned it's head from side to side a couple of times. Sounds like a movement someone makes right before trying to cross the street. I wonder if this could have been someone who'd been hit by a car? If that was it, we may be looking at a residual type haunting.
These are just suggestions, it could quite possibly be something entirely different.
Just sayin'!

Jav
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-17)
Sarah,
I hadn't even thought of that. Good catch! It does make sense thinking of it that way. What do you think shadow1?
sarahmariacecilia (3 stories) (105 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-17)
Jav, now that you mention the traffic fatalities, the turning of the shadows head from left to right sounds like a driver looking both ways before turning out onto a street. Maybe that could be a part of it if it was related to that? Just throwing ideas out. 😁
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-06-17)
Shadow1,
Can you tell me any more about his shadow? Also, have you ever seen it again, or anymore like it? I know the intersection you are talking about and it seems to me that there have been traffic fatalities, quite a few it looks like, right near three. Do you think that may have something to do with your sighting?

Jav
bacchaegrl (506 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-17)
Haha! Lou! I never said that they all look the same. Well... I didn't exactly say that, I said "most". "Most"! Anyway, it was nice and smoky yesterday, I have no idea what it's going to be like today.
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-17)
Actually, goat goes good with pasta salad.

Bacchaegrl,
I'm disappointed..."all shadow people look alike"...when will these social stereotypes end!;)

Jav, Bacc...How's the smoke ladies?...in the sky, not the stuff you grow in your herb garden.

A Miracles sighting...wow, she really does exist!

Shadow1...I'm not discounting your story, but I can never figure out how people know that featureless shadows are staring at them... Help me with that one.

Lou
darkfantum (44 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-17)
wow weird does it still follow you?
Do you still see it outside yoyr window?
Yours truly darkfantum
shadow1 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-17)
Javelina,
I live around park and 36th and to
Bacchaegrl,
It wasn't a goat it was figure of a person, I thought it was mom, but it Wasn't her. Now, keep in mind that I've had other things happen to me in this house which you will read on my upcoming stories.

Ps.thanks for reading my story and sharing your comments
otteer (8 stories) (398 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-17)
Thanks for your story, wow, that would have blown me away! Since is sounds so close in discription to your mother, maybe it was a residual of her! I'm still astounded to know it is possible we can hear and see residuals of ourselves... Creeps me out lol!

I once looked out my bathroom window while I was in the shower with anticipation of seeing someone staring back, you know, standing in one spot and slowly leaning sideways towards the frosted window until its in full view and... Someone was staring back! Scared the crap out of me and I screamed bloody murder! Fortunantly our high backyard femce slowed the escape of this peeping tom enough for him to be seen by my father... Kept me from thinking I saw a ghost! Just had to share, your story brought back memories! ❤
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
13 years ago (2011-06-16)
Jav - I thought you might have read this one LOL. He's lumped in with one of our other ghosts in "Our Shadow Man" story.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-16)
Miracles51031,
Alfred Hitchcock? I don't know what to say...
A FAT shadow person, I love it! Now that's diversity for you there! 😆

Jav 😊
bacchaegrl (506 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-16)
Miracles--awesome! I don't even know what to say about that, except sweeeeet! How interesting! Also, I didn't mean to make a statement that all shadow people are the same. I don't know why I said that. I mean that it is just very interesting how much the outline of this shadow person resembled the author's mother.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+3
13 years ago (2011-06-16)
bacchaegrl - just more education for you. First, though, in my opinion I believe shadow people to be as individual as you and I are. All different shapes and sizes.

Now, for the education part 😆 I saw one who resembled Alfred Hitchcock. No joke. And as black as his profile is portrayed.
sarahmariacecilia (3 stories) (105 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-06-16)
Mmm. Pasta salad sounds good. Now I am going to have to find some after work, Javelina! 😆
bacchaegrl (506 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-16)
Jav, I'm just looking busy at work. But I'm all caught up on this site, so I can be productive again. I can't function unless I get a paranormal fix.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-16)
bacchaegrl,
All is well, thanks for asking! A nice little nap and a big bowl of pasta salad, and I'm back in the saddle again. But it's too hot out to drive anywhere at this time of day, so here I am.

Jav

What's new and fun out here kiddo?
bacchaegrl (506 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-16)
Jav! There you are! I've been missing you and your wonderful comments today! Hope all is well!
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-16)
shadow1,
Welcome to YGS (Your Ghost Stories). Thanks for sharing a story from Tucson, so far there have been very few.
If you couldn't already guess, I'm from Tucson also. When you say this house was on the South side, how south do you mean? Is it south of Interstate 10? Is it as far south as the Mission? It would help to know the area you are talking about. There are different hunting's around town that this could be related to, so if you can give me a better idea of the location (without giving a street address), maybe we can come up with some answers.

Javelina 😊
bacchaegrl (506 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-06-16)
We aren't talking about a goat man in the actual story are we? I see no evidence of anyone being goat like. I agree there are sightings of goat men in alarming numbers, but it's not the case here. I think, Robertar, you need to explore this and maybe write your own story. As for the actual posted story. Yeah, you may have seen something. I find it odd that you were able to get so close to it. It must have been a true, albeit, short shadow person. I'm not very tall myself, don't know why I felt I needed to mentiuon that. Anyway, I thought most shadow people were tall, looming things. This one sounded cute and petite. Are there such things as shadow dopplegangers? Could be one of your mom, since it resembled her so well. Just a thought... What do you think?
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-16)
the thing about our deserts is they are native american ground. I think that you saw a native american spirit. It could have even been a nature guardian. I grew up in Fountain Hills right next to the verde river. The Fort McDowell reservation indians would always tell stories of hoof man. But I don't think that is what you saw. We would also get native nature guardians who were not very nice. But from your description it sounds like a native spirit of some kind.
robertar (223 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-16)
Once in Phoenix a friend and her brother claimed to have seen a 'man' with a goat like head. Not a goats head' but horns and... They both saw it together out the window, an open window I think it was. They didn't seem the type to BS, as I was the one to bring up the ghost stories...

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: