You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: The Danger House

Real Ghost Stories

The Danger House

 

I was about five or six (maybe even younger) when this all happened to me and it was ten years ago. I'm just wandering if anyone knows what kind of ghost (or even demon) this thing was.

The story is kind of foggy to me. Because my mother has retold me all that happened (I have a horrible memory, and it doesn't help that I was young back then).

We lived in an older house. At least fifty years old. It started out with the usual haunting stuff, keys and mail moving around. My mother would set it on the coffee table in the living room and they would end up in the kitchen or bathroom for some reason. That was only for the first week or so that happened. When we were still getting the house ready for us to move into. Then all the really freaky stuff started happening with the biggest thing that they told me happened.

When we first started actually living in it my bed hadn't been set up yet so I was sleeping in the family room on the couch. My mother and stepfather heard me scream. I usually did it because of nerves and such (my mother being recently divorced and getting remarried only a few months later). They just looked up to see if I was okay. Seeing a figure next to me. They laid back down for a second then actually realized there was SOMETHING next to me. They raced up flew to grab me. When they seen me I was sleeping peacefully as if nothing happened. When they put me in bed with them and laid down again they both said the same thing "Did you see that?". According to my mother. It looked just like the creature that was in the Jeepers Creepers movies (keep in mind that this is a couple of years before it came out).

After that I can only remember a couple of main things that happened. My stepfather got punched in the nose (woke up with a broken nose and blood everywhere) my mother was asleep in my bed with me because I was having problems with staying in bed (there was a face in my second story room bedroom). My mother would get woken up about ten minutes before her alarm went off. Them saying her name "Becky get up!". And then one of my experiences. I woke up on the wall at the head of my bed. Literally on the wall. But as soon as I woke up and started moving I rushed to my mother and telling her. Something that happened to us a couple of times is that each one of us were pushed down the wraparound staircase that led to my room. Not slipping or anything. Very distinctively pushed.

Then when we finally got fed up with the happenings and we were moving out. We found an old furby in the attic that supposedly didn't work. Didn't have batteries in it either. And it said specifically "Ooooh. Ghosts, I'm scared".

And so. That is my story. I haven't had any encounters after that.

If anyone knows what it was. Please tell us. We're just curious over it.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Jackmansgirl, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

djeter2 (2 stories) (9 posts)
+4
13 years ago (2011-06-22)
Though posting on any web board leaves one open for all sorts of critizism, there on some on this board who are looking for english majors to write their own stories. Some are better then others in getting thier thoughts together. Though the story was a little skittish it wasn't enough for me not to understand her premise and what she was trying to relay to us. Some write great stories and are very entertaining but whether they are believable is another thing. Some write almost inarticulate stories but we can sense that writing is not thier forte and we give them a chance to express thier experiences by being objective. We should commend her bravery in expressing herself in a way which she normally wouldn't.
Bacchagrl and luvparanormal, there are ways of showing constructive critizism without making the person feel like they are a 5 year old. She told the story the best way she knew how, it's not that serious to knock her for it. Jackmansgirl continue to do what you do, do not be discourage I hope venting on your expriences helped a little. To the board, let's be a little more encouarging and a lot less discouraging.Cool?
bacchaegrl (506 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-06-22)
otteer,
Just saying, that I didn't mean to criticize the writing. Not at all. I just think that if you don't remember the whole story, you shouldn't post it. When you open a story with "I have a horrible memory", the reader may not be as open to accept the claims as fact. The writing was fine, the actual story was what confused me, since the statements made were vague.
Loganz_sis (1 stories) (150 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-22)
Jackmansgirl
Relax and enjoy your time here...:) This site is not run on a people's opinion on what is paranormal or what is not.
So what if people think that story makes no sense, it makes sense to you and the parts that don't makes sense to you is what you came here for. Ignore and move on my friend... And come back!
otteer (8 stories) (398 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-06-21)
(at) bacchaegrl

I think it would be more productive to just ask questions if your not following a story, and not criticize the op's writing ability.

Just saying. ❤
otteer (8 stories) (398 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-21)
I agree with JustCurious, sounds like you were dealing with a few entities (spirits) and a very haunted house! To have your parents see the black entity hovering over you must have scared them to death! I'm glad you finally moved and have not had any problems since.

Your dad, did he ever figure out the broken nose thing? The thought that there could be an injury as serious as that, done quietly, is unsettling!

I was wondering about the wall thingy too. We have seen movies where people have been pulled up walls and such... Are you saying you were on the wall, feet not touching the bed? If so...OMG! The Furby thing would have been frightening, they have always bothered me for some reason, never thought them "cute."

Thanks for the story... One house I would NOT want to visit! ❤
Jackmansgirl (1 stories) (1 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-06-21)
Sorry. I must have put it under the wrong category. I was just wanting information on what it could have been. I'm still new to the site so there is no need to berate me about it.
luvparanormal (12 stories) (268 posts)
-4
13 years ago (2011-06-21)
I'm with bacchaegrl your story is a bit difficult to follow. The story has a lot of missing important parts to be able to help you in deciphering what it was. I do understand you mentioned that you went by what your brother told you as you were too young to remember, but if that is the case it's best to have your brother tell it.
You also ask for help but don't indicate on what. You say that was the only experience you had and that was as a child, therefore I am confused as to what you need help on.
Sorry but we can't help with your story the way it was told.
bacchaegrl (506 posts)
-4
13 years ago (2011-06-21)
Okay, I understand that sometimes ghosts can make toys or other things without batteries in them move or make noise. But I really don't think that you found a haunted Furby. The rest of your story is disjointed, I find it hard to follow. What do you mean you were on your wall? What kind of face did you see at your window. My advice is; if you don't really remember your story, and you don't have enough detail to actually write something, I wouldn't bother writing the story. You say you need help. Help with what? You moved didn't you? Do you need help with the talking toy? I would wait until you encounter an actual paranormal experience before posting anything. A few memories do not make for a ghost story. How are we supposed to get anything out of a few random sentences?
JustCurious (2 stories) (434 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-21)
To me it almost sounds like you were dealing with multiple entities. One thing you may want to try and do is research the history of the house or the history of the land the house is on. That could give an idea as to who some of the spirits/entities may be.

Peace
JustCurious
darkfantum (44 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-21)
hi I don't know what it was but it is seriously weird my advice is don't go back there
Yours truly darkfantum

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: