You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Curious Encounter At My Friends Place

Real Ghost Stories

Curious Encounter At My Friends Place

 

This incident wasn't my first, but it is the most recent and therefore still fresh in my mind when I signed up for this site. I was at my friends place, she gave me the keys to her house just in case something ever happened and I needed a place to stay. I had gone over mostly to escape my parents while they were in a bad mood. I was tired so I went to the guest bedroom, which by then had become my own unofficial room, and I got under the knitted blanket and went to sleep. The only ones in the house were me and my friends boyfriend, and he was asleep himself in a room on the other side of the house. I was in that state where you tend to doze, but not really asleep, my eyes where closed but I was still fully aware of my surroundings and what was going on in my surroundings. I was facing away from the door when I had this feeling like someone was standing at the door watching me, it's hard to describe, like when your mum comes in to see if you're awake and while you can't see her you just know she's there.

At first I thought it was just part of my imagination so I just ignored it and waited for it to go away so I could go back to sleep, the thing is that it didn't go away, it stayed for a long time and then the feeling changed, it now felt like something was standing right over me beside the bed. I felt something touch me on my cheek, I tried to flinch away and opened my eyes but the pressure on my face increased and I actually started to feel my energy, for lack of a better description, drain out of me. I felt so weak but I also felt wide awake, like something was paralysing me.

It then started to stroke my cheek, truthfully it almost felt like a curious but gentle caress, if I wasn't so spooked I would even say it was loving looking back on it. I then felt the same firm pressure on my shoulder and I was rolled onto my back, at the same time it felt like some hand was gently stroking down my back and rubbed my lower back just before the start of my butt. I tried to move and managed to get my eyes half open but all I saw was a pillow on my chest near my chin blocking the rest of my sight and a stronger pressure on both my shoulders holding me down. The pillow freaked me out because I don't like things to close to my face while I sleep and I started panicking thinking I was going to be suffocated. It then felt as if I had two hands cupping my face and lifting my head up and off the pillow under my head, the next thing I know there is a final pressure pressed against my whole body for a few more seconds and then it was gone, the pillow that was under my chin now placed under my head. I just laid there for a while longer trying to come to grips with what just happened before I finally managed to get up off the bed. My legs were shaking so bad I had to use the door and the walls for support to make it to the lounge-room where I curled into a ball on the couch and just laid there until I had to go and pick my friend up from her course she was at.

Now I know that wasn't a dream, mostly because unfortunately I'm known for bruising easily, and I moved my shirt aside to check my shoulders and on each shoulder there was a large red mark where the pressure had been, they're gone now and didn't end up bruising thankfully, but I have a hunch that whatever it was above me didn't really intend me harm right then, but was just curious about me, but why now and not sooner I'm not sure. While this really did spook me, I'm not too concerned about it; I'm just trying to figure out what was going on and why, any ideas? I'm all ears.

Other hauntings by Dogwoman91

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Dogwoman91, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Zik (1 stories) (25 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-27)
Hi Dog,

I'm so happy that you had no more troubles. I hope you and your friend are well.

Take care,

-Zik
Dogwoman91 (2 stories) (5 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-24)
[at] zik

Me and my friend took your advice and we figured out that the thing might have been connected to a mirror that was in the room. Apparently whatever room this mirror was in was where the energy felt the strongest, and it was in the room when I had my encounter. So my friend and her mum got rid of the mirror and I slept over last night in the same room and I had an uneventful, and rather relaxing undisturbed sleep, no creepy feelings or anything (just rather cold but it's winter here so yeah that's to be expected ^_^). Now I'm not going to draw too many conclusions, I'm going to wait a couple of weeks to make sure the thing is really gone, but so far so good so thanks for the advice ❤
Trix (14 stories) (407 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-23)
Hi Dogwoman91, I know exactly how you feel. It is the worst feeling to be overpowered like that. It happened to me a view times during my lifetime. I must agree with Darkness on this one. It would give some light onto it if you knew more about the history of that house. From my kind of view I might think that something is attach to that room, because both of you experienced the same thing within that room. How is the rest of the house? It seems like your friends' room is fine.
Sorry to hear about your parents. You are blessed to have a friend like that supporting you in this unstable time in your life. I wish that everything will turn out fine for you and your family. Take care. Trix.
Zik (1 stories) (25 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-23)
Hello Dog,

I read back on your reply and did a little digging at my college library, there was a book there on "Paranormal Energies" I can quote the author and what not if you'd prefer.

It said that a way to decrease, not stop (apparently stopping is impossible) residual build ups, is to "out with the old - in with the new". Old items, decoration and furniture can cause things to escelate in regards to residual -- all according to this book, obviously.

Also, apparently you can't be harmed, only feel sensations and emotions from it, again, as quoted by the book.

Hope this answered your question. ^_^

-Zik
Dogwoman91 (2 stories) (5 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-23)
[at] DARKNESS and lynrinth

I did tell my friend and she believes me. This is because she had had similar experiences in that room, but with her the force was more, I guess you could say negative. The way she delt with it was to close the door, stand infront of it and told the thing to f*** off you're not welcome, and it would never enter the room, she pretty much told me to the same thing if I wanted to get rid of it. So yes darkness there where past experiences with this type of thing at my friends, but they where experienced by her, this was just my first one at her place
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-06-22)
Dogwoman91: Firstly welcome to the site, also it is good to see another person from Perth on here you are 1 of probably 4lol.

Your experience seems as though something has taken an interest in you for some reason, I need to ask you wether or not things have been experienced before in this home? Sounding like a broken record here but the history of the home and land does help out a great deal!

Thanks for sharing!

Dan
lynrinth (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-22)
O wow...scary. Sorry to hear about your parents tension. Maybe easy solution... Tell your friend what happen, and maybe ask to sleep in her room awhile, when her boyfriend isn't there? Would she believe you? Or, if you feel you have no other choice 'cause you're afraid you might experience it again, try to find another safe place for the time being. Good luck.
Dogwoman91 (2 stories) (5 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-22)
[at] bacchaegrl

That was the impression I got, just a curious entity (for lack of a better term), although I am totaly clueless as to what it could have wanted, at least I was, but now that you mention that, it could be a possibility. I'm tempted only slightly to somehow talk to it/him/her (could be any of them) and ask them, but I'm kind of scared I'll get an answer I won't like, strike that, I'm scared of getting an answer sometimes
Dogwoman91 (2 stories) (5 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-06-22)
[at] AnimalAngels

No I couldn't talk, heck I could barely breath properly, but that may have been the pillow in my face but I'm not sure.

[at] Lou

I really don't think it would be my friends boyfriend, he was dead to the world because he actually lived in a different time zone and was visiting my friend for a few days, and also I just know he's not that type of guy, (besides the after shave he wears is kind of overpowering, if he actually got that close I would have smelt him, trust me on this one) but I suppose you could have a point so I'll take it under advice.

[at] zik

If that's true, I'm just wondering if it is possible for these 'replay of energies' (lets call them relived memories?) is it possible for them to cause physical harm if things get too carried away, and I'm not just talking the marks on my shoulders, I mean could they cause serious injury if they build up enough, and how would one protect themself against it, or even how would they know they where coming? Sorry I'm just really curious about this stuff

[all so far]
Thanks guys, you're giving me some really interesting insight into this stuff, thanks ^_^
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-06-22)
Actually, Zik... Although a residual haunting is an imprint, interaction with the living is by definition, an intelligent haunt.

My advice, close the door to the room and keep an eye on your friend's boyfriend. I think some of what you experienced was not paranormal.

Lou
Zik (1 stories) (25 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-22)
That sounds like that phenomenon that happens because of residual energy.

I read that, certain buildings and items record events from the past, including someone that has died and their memories. And when the energy builds up, it can cause physical activity, including us humans seeing the memories of the dead replayed, or inacted on the living and our furniture.

If that is true, and real, then you have nothing to fear because it's not an entity you've dealt with, it was a replay of energy. You won't get that again anytime soon, it takes a while to build up, or so I read.

None the less, great story!

Take care,

-Zik
AnimalAngels (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-21)
[at] Drapergirl

From what I understand she couldn't talk so telling it to go away it would be hard. Am I right Dogwomen91? You couldn't talk?
Drapergirl (guest)
-2
13 years ago (2011-06-21)
I'm sorry that sounds scary. I don't know what to tell you. If it ever happens again tell it to go away or something.
bacchaegrl (506 posts)
+4
13 years ago (2011-06-21)
That is rather odd. Sounds malicious and caring at the same time. Some sort of spirit that can't decide what it wants to do? I don't know, going out on a limb here, and I will certainly accept criticism for this; but maybe it's a human spirit. A male, who, while they were alive didn't know anything about females or interacting with them. And now, that he's a ghost, something that can't easily be seen, he's trying out his moves so to speak. That's just what the encounter sounds like to me. I really have no idea what went on, and I won't pretend that I know what really happened to you. It just seems like a really awkward experience. Very interesting.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: