You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Guardian Angel Or What?

Real Ghost Stories

Guardian Angel Or What?

 

Before I get into this story, I would like to let you know a little about me. I work third shift from 6 at night until 6 in the morning, and have been working at my current job for almost three years now, I am in law enforcement. I have not sent a story for about two years now, but this certain instance has happened twice in one week. I would also like to let you know I am writing this on behalf of my fiancée, this is her experience, I have made suggestions to her, but I am also looking for anyone else's opinion, it may help, I do not know.

My fiancée and I have just bought a house. It is only 11 years old and it is a modular home, and a quick lay out of the house is this, as soon as you walk into the door, the living room is right there, the kitchen is behind the living room, we have a dining room area, then a den, and a short hallway, with four bedrooms off of it and two bathrooms. Then as you go back to the main living room when you first go in, the master bedroom is there.

Last Thursday night, which would have been the 16th of June I was working my shift and my fiancée had gone to bed. It was about 2 o'clock in the morning. She said she had sent me my last email for the night, and looked at where our bathroom door was and she saw a black figure of a woman, she said it very much looked like her when she was in high school, but wasn't sure. She did say the woman looked to be anywhere from 16 years old to 20 years old, looked to be about 5'6" and slender. My fiancée said that she had western wear on, or Mexican wear and that when she looked at the bathroom door she saw the figure appear and the woman looked at her and smiled. We hold our bathroom door open with a heavy box, because we haven't bought a door stopper or anything yet, but she said this spirit, this woman, pushed our bathroom door shut, and it did latch. The whole experience only lasted about 10 seconds. She got up looked around and saw no evidence of anything, except, the box was moved from the door being shut. It took her a while to fall asleep but eventually did. When I got home Friday morning she told me what had happened.

Everything was quiet over the weekend, I was off and we were out of town, but I had to come back to work tonight, June 20th. She said while she was watching, TV. She saw the figure again, but when she looked at it, it ran to our bedroom, and again she went in there and saw nothing. I had called her and she told me what had happened, said she seen it again.

The reason why I have titled this guardian angel or what is because it only appears while I am at work. My fiancée thinks I do not believe her or she is lying or crazy, but I have told her numerous times that I believe her, because I do. It seems weird to me that an apparition only appears while I am at work, and I wonder if it is something that is watching over her while I am gone, or just a spirit making her presence known to my fiancée.

I have suggested we do our own investigation, but my fiancée does not want to. What should we do? What should she do?

Any help in this would be greatly appreciated.

Other hauntings by skeptical78

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from North Carolina

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, skeptical78, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

AsianChick1997 (3 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-27)
I don't think it is a guardian Angel. I think it was a spirit that sticked around that place & it just wanted to be seen.

If it's not hurting you then leave it alone, don't go messing with it. You might make it mad and scary things may happen.
skeptical78 (2 stories) (4 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-25)
One more post to luvparanormal, and I am going let all you know I am in Arden, NC, in the Wellington Estates. As you all know I am open to suggestions and any type of help yall can give.
skeptical78 (2 stories) (4 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-25)
Yes, donnaleon, I only bought this house 11 years old, it seems a little off to me also. But I checked with our realtor and he said it was set up there in 2000.
skeptical78 (2 stories) (4 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-25)
She did lose her grand father a year or two ago, to answer aussiedaz comment. And I will go to the library on Monday or Tuesday to look at the history of the land as luvparanormal suggested. Thank you all again for your comments, she saw it again last night, my fiancee was a little upset, sad, and she said that she saw our spirit in the dining room and it looked at her and seemed to appear sad as well. I think it is there to comfort her when I am at work and its just her and my, soon to be step-daughter, at the house. She doesn't appear even when my kids are at home with me. Anymore suggestions on this would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all again.
donnaleon (4 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-23)
The Chinese live with ghosts until they die. Then their relatives take over the house. I know its hard for them and they've been doing it for centuries and centuries, you only bought this house, 11 years old. 😳
luvparanormal (12 stories) (268 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-22)
Skeptical78, when I did my research I went to my library and asked where I could find info on my property. They were able to direct on where to go. Also on this site I indicated where I was located and I got a lot of information from different people.
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-22)
I think the point that your wife described her as looking like herself could mean that this spirit is somehow perhaps related... And the point that this spirit smiled at your wife in my opinion was a way of saying, don't be frighten I'm not here to hurt you... Has your wife lost any family members in the last two years... This spirit could actually be older than what she seems... My dad was 62 when he died and I almost didn't recognize him when he visited me some time back, I knew he was related it wasn't until I saw his wedding photo that I knew for sure it was him... He was only 21 when he got married... So perhaps this person is a grand or great grand parent. What do you think?
skeptical78 (2 stories) (4 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-22)
Thank you everyone who commented on my fiancee's experience. I will talk to her in the morning when I get home and tell her what everyone was suggesting. Maybe it doesn't like men, maybe it is a protective sort of spirit. I do know she is not afraid of it, it just freaks her out when she appears. I will suggest her to try and communicate with it, and like luvparanormal and bacchaegrl said talk to it, ask its name. Who knows what we will find out, or what she will find out.

Also about doing research on the land, I would like to know where to go and get the research done. I tried online last night after I posted the story for like three hours, no luck. Anyone have any ideas? Please let me know, and I will take it in stride and see what I can do for her. Thanks, all of you.
luvparanormal (12 stories) (268 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-21)
It could be that this ghost identifies with your fiancee, that it is more comfortable around her, or simply that she is trying to tell her something. I would suggest what "bacchaegrl" said, try to get her to talk to this entity. I know it can be hard when you are scared, but if she can find some courage, tell her to ask her at least what her name is or why she is there. You might get some answers.

Good luck and keep us posted.
Luv ❤
obsessed14 (7 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-21)
I say that it could be a gardian angel. My uncle had a similar experiance. And it could also be many other things. It could be the ghost doesn't like you. Or just doesn't like men. For many reasons. I would wait longer to see what happens. If your fiancee doesn't like it at all, I would convince her to have an investagation so it could be done and over with... Hope your problem gets solved!
JustCurious (2 stories) (434 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-21)
You may want to try and do some research into the history of the land that the home is on. The home may not be old, but that doesn't mean that the land doesn't mean that a ghost isn't attached to the land.

Peace
JustCurious
bacchaegrl (506 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-21)
Is she afraid of it? If she's not, why do anything? Many people happily co-exist with a spirit. As long as both sides can come to an understanding. I agree with you, it may be a protective spirit of sorts. Maybe she's there to keep your fiancee company. Or maybe she doesn't like men. Either way, if it is a friendly ghost or guardian spirit, maybe a bit of communication is in order. Has your fiancee ever tried to talk to this ghost? I wouldn't suggest going all cerimonial or anything, but maybe an attemt at a nice little conversation would lead to some answers.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: