You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Thank God It's Morning

Real Ghost Stories

Thank God It's Morning

 

I'm not exactly sure what happened last night, but I sure know it wasn't for the first time.

I live in Romania, Bucharest in a house that was built in 1919. I tried to look for records, for the last owners of the house, but my dad has no idea where they are, they were lost during the communist age. All he knows is that a family of wealthy doctors and their servants lived here.

Last night I went to bed at 11 really. I put myself into bed, and then I saw I didn't close the window, so I got up and closed the window. All the way to the window and all the way back I felt really uncomfortable as being watched, so I jumped into the bed, under the blanket. Then I laughed at myself, put my headphones on and went to sleep listening to music.

I had a dream that I repeatedly have: I'm standing at the entrance of a dark corridor and I know someone is watching me from the dark, waiting. Every time I have that dream, I wake up.

So, I suddenly woke up, with my eyes wide open fixing a corner of my room that is somehow the entrance of the hallway (I have no doors) and I was staring, I felt a cold shiver down my spine. I closed my eyes, thinking of going back to sleep, but I just couldn't, knowing something was there. So every time I opened my eyes, this cold breeze of air surrounded me. I finally gathered some courage and leaned over the nightstand to turn on the light and it was still there.

The shadow I was fixing on did not go away; you could see it was two shades darker than the rest of the wall. I looked at the clock; it was 3:50 in the morning. I thought that according to the witching hour, it had to end soon. Only it didn't. I was paralyzed for more than an hour when finally the sun began rising. Then I could just see the corner going back to its original color and it was as if someone had just lifted a heavy blanket that was on me. I was so released.

I don't know what it was, but I know it was real.

Strange things happen in my house.

I will tell about them later on.

But this one, is one of the worst that has ever happened, and not in the action itself, because whatever it was, it didn't hurt me, but I knew the entire time, it wanted to.

So please, do you think it was real? Do you think I'm just some sort of loony who has seen too may movies? Is it serious? Has this happened to any of you? I can't tell this to my friends. They just take it as a good scary story and that's it.

Other hauntings by ioana

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ioana, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Rman (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-02-06)
Crazy? No, that breeze it's somehow everybody's radar, since you can't see the spirits, that breeze is the thing that it's considered to warn you of that presence, I've got the same problem sometimes, when I have choires in the attic
WelshmanTrezise (5 stories) (12 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-09)
Same thing happen to me dad, a few times, happened to me mum too. You aint crazy! Trust in God, he can help you, give yeself a house blessing and pray, but live a sin free life after wards, otherwise 7 more can come in, in this case if it be a demon, it may not, it may be a domovoi. Good to hear from someonewho has a story like yours good luck
spectravondergeist (11 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-10)
hmmmmmmm this is rather weird instead of trying to get infomation of the house from files why not try to communicate with this shadow get some form of recorder and pause for it to answer then play it back and you might might not find the ghost so threatining in the end 😳
donnaleon (4 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-23)
I have a love for Romania, It draws me into an attraction. I too have experienced the same sensation, doors open to other realms. You see things like people that were dead years ago, Yet there standing in front of you. I fought it until I was free from being held for more than hours and hours at a time. 😐
donnaleon (4 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-23)
You must find strength keep trying never give up, it will get stronger and stronger bad things happen. Unless you find the strength to move to be free from it. Sounds like mesmerizes like Dracula. ❤
Zik (1 stories) (25 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-22)
A few of these people were right. This whole conjurated assumption people have that all black or dark colours/appiritions are negative and all bright or white are "good" or positive, is quite frankly not true.

Without starting a debate, it's like saying that a girl can only like pink and a boy can only like red, or blue. Or gay guys like shopping and straight guys can't stand it.

Don't look for a negative in everything or you'll find yourself living in a very lonely world.

Your story was interesting!
I too have my experiences like this in the past, but I believe I'm free now. ^_^;

Good luck to you, and take care!

-Zik
ioana (2 stories) (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-22)
Rookdygin, you know, the weird thing is that I still stumble on saying it in Romanian pr English, but I can perfectly recite it in Latin. And at the times I couldn't say it, and stumbled at the bread part, I knew what was coming in Latin, but I just wasn't able to translate it into Romanian.
Aussiedaz, no, not that I know of. BUT, major but, I am adopted and I know nothing of my blood family, so maybe it's one of them, I don't know.
Shlain (13 stories) (246 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-22)
I don't believe that all black/dark entities are evil, but what is a bit alarming is that YOU felt scared throughout the whole experience. Benevolent spirits tend to get that you're a little frightened and leave or they do something else like move around. Not that I'm saying because it was just standing there and not moving that it must be evil.

Just remember that most spirits were human once. They still carry the personality they had when they were alive. Just because it stood there and refused to leave or dissappear when you were scared doesn't mean its evil. It may just have been a not so friendly spirit that doesn't give a damn.

Keep a torch next to your bed. If this presence continues to make itself known in such an uncomfortable way then take action. For now just try and figure it out.

Shlain
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-22)
I agree that not all shadows are evil in nature if at all in my opinion, what I suggest you do as a quick fix solution, is to move your bed near a light switch if you can... If you go to bed feeling a little unsettled sleep with the light on or sleep close enough to turn it on, try and avoid watching horror movies and reading demon stories... Prayers are good and helpful and your not crazy... These things happen all the time... Just one question have you lost any family members or friends lately?
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-22)
ioana,

Either as a comment or Submitted as an Experience I for one will read it.

I like your detailed description of how you felt with this 'Shadow' in the corner of your room and it's very curious that you were unable to complete the Lord's Prayer. (My next question is not meant to offend...) Can you complete it now, right off the top of your head? I ask because unless you are religious enough to recite it on a regular basis it may have been 'unfamiliarity' rather than an influence from a 'shadow person' that caused you to 'freeze' up on that portion of the Prayer. Thank you for the added details...

Respectfully,

Rook
ioana (2 stories) (3 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-22)
I know I should've given more details. When I started typing the story I missed out A few things (firstly, right in that morning I wrote everything down on the nearest piece of paper I could find). I forgot to say that at some point I was trying to say The Our Father prayer and every single time I stopped at 'Give us this day our daily bread', I just couldn't go on. I tried this for 20 minutes, or so, but I couldn't, not once, finish the prayer. I agree with all of you, and thank you for your advice. I somehow believe it was my imagination, but as I told you, I knew it wasn't like that. You know the feeling, when you play hide and seek, and the seeker is near your hiding place, and you're keeping your breath so it doesn't find you, and your heartbeats are racing faster than ever, you can actually feel them through the silence? That's the feeling I had, only that I knew it was there and every moment it could see me, but it's still that fear, that something bad will happen once it gets to me. I'm sorry I'm repeating myself but I will sum up this feeling: It's like when you know it's there, he knows you're there, you can almost see him, he can almost see you, but when he does, you'll suffer. Shall I continue with other things that happened in another story or in a comment? Will you read? Thank you all again!
DragonStorm80 (1 stories) (440 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-22)
I agree with rook on this one, Not all shadow figures are evil, I think a lot of the time the darkness of shade is associated with bad/evil so double that with being taken off guard and you to get a bit more scared than you should or would normally be.

And the feeling of being watched can be unnerving which adds to the tension and fear.

Some more information would help everyone better understand your situation 😊
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-06-22)
ioana,

I feel for you and I must repeat what the others have said. You are not crazy. Having said that I must disagree with the idea that 'shadow figures' are all 'bad entities'.

How did you feel during this experience? I know it scared/unnerved you and you say that "it didn't hurt me, but I knew the entire time, it wanted to." What made you 'feel' that it wanted to hurt you?

I feel that 'shadow figures' (shadow people) may be spirits that have only gathered enough energy to manifest as a 'black mass/shadow'. Or they may be an image from a 'thin spot' between dimensions which causes us to 'see' only a shadowy shape. They can also be 'bad/evil' but it is my experience that these 'types' try and 'lure' a person in by appearing as a 'friendly entity' then after gaining ones trust 'attacking'. I'm not saying for sure that yours was one or the other, I would need more information than provided in this one experience.

Could you please share more details with us as they may help bring understanding to what happened to you on this particular night.

Respectfully,

Rook
newhunter30 (2 stories) (137 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-22)
Ok its hard to give you advice without a more in depth knowing of the property and previous experiences etc. Etc. I will say from what was given you should probably do a smudging as Luv suggested. I would not suggest trying to talk to this shadow if you feel that is wanting to cause you harm.
looney85 (3 stories) (188 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-21)
Ioana, I agree with LuvP. I have also heard that black shadows are not good spirits, maybe you should get some holy water and spray it on the walls with a prayer (my grandma used to do that everytime she would see shadows in the corners) it works.
I'm no expert but I hope this helps! 😁 😊
obsessed14 (7 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-06-21)
I would say it could've been your imagination... But if you're really that scared I wouldn't try to make it come out, I would have someone with you at night and in the dark, ask it questions with equitment and try to get it conforatable with you. Then see what happens. Hope everything gets solved!
luvparanormal (12 stories) (268 posts)
+4
13 years ago (2011-06-21)
I wouldn't say you're crazy. Trust me I have had other crazier things happened to me and they turned out to be real. Because of the age of the property and the era in which is was built it has a lot of history and sounds like a ton of energy. Usually I have heard the dark shadowy figures are bad entities. I don't mean to scare you, but what I did was I placed a recorder in the room where I had the problems. I recorded during the time I was not around and also asked questions and waited for an answer. I was amazed at the responses I got. After that I did a smudging with sage and placed crosses in every room (I am a cristian) and that helped a lot. I also said the Lords Prayer out load and demanded the entity leave my house. I have not heard from it since.
I am anxious to here your other stories. There is a lot of help that you can get from some of the other members here. They are all very helpful.

Good luck!
Luv ❤
AnimalAngels (guest)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-21)
It's real all right, and I want you to know your NOT crazy! I feel bad for you because you feel like you can't talk to anyone 😢. I'm so sorry, I don't know what this could be, someone will know.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: