You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Demon Dog

Real Ghost Stories

Demon Dog

 

It was around 11. 15pm on a mid-November evening in 2007. I was getting into bed when my mobile phone started ringing. It was a friend I had to get some important papers too for the next morning. I had totally forgotten so quickly I jumped out of bed got dressed and told my wife I'd be back in an hour or so.

After dropping off the documents I made my way back and to my surprise all the lights were on in the bungalow. I started worrying and hastened to get inside because it just didn't seem right. Once inside I saw my wife sitting in the living room with my 5 year old still asleep next to her on the sofa. My wife was looking a little pale and I asked her if she was ok and queried why all the lights were on. She began telling me that straight after I left she turned the light off to go to sleep. She continued that after around 5 minutes or so she heard the bedroom door creak and slowly open and then she felt the whole room go very cold. She initially thought that it was a draft but then she felt something jump on the bed and start growling like a dog. She said that she couldn't move and that this thing was trying to get at my daughter who slept next to her. She tried to scream and could feel the duvet being pulled down. She began to utter a prayer and this thing began growling very loud and then she felt it leap off the bed and run off out of the room. She then got off the bed turned the light on.

After a few minutes she said that she picked my daughter up and she turned on every light in the house. Naturally I was kind of freaked at what she was telling me and I tried to shrug it off as perhaps some kind of nightmare or night terror but she was adamant that it felt too real to be a bad dream. Deep down inside I was a bit apprehensive as certain other strange things had occurred since we moved into an unused room due to some damp problems in our former bedroom across the hallway. Loud banging noises like something heavy had fallen from a height would occur at times from this bedroom but whenever I checked everything was normal. Me and my wife would also have bad nightmares of big black dogs, snakes and an evil old man whose face we could never see but would feel a great sense of evil from him. I also once heard a voice say "I'm really pissed off now" in my left ear whilst lying down in bed in a very creepy voice with an English accent.

A month or so later my wife had to go abroad to Pakistan as her sister was getting married. I couldn't go with her as I had business to attend to and my daughter would stay with my parents for the 3 weeks that she was going. Anyway the first night after she left I tucked up into bed. The time was around 12. 45am and I was very tired. I was slowly falling asleep when all of a sudden I heard the door start creaking and then the door just swung open as if pushed hard from outside and then I felt something heavy jump onto my bed and bite at my duvet. This thing began growling and pulling the duvet even harder when all of a sudden I jumped out my bed and shouted "what the hell do you want?". I was livid and angry and wanted to hurt this thing but there was nothing there. I looked towards the door and it was moving slowly and shut itself. I ran to the light and switched it on. I then sat there for five minutes, my heart racing and then it dawned on me about the incident with my wife. The hairs on my body stood up and I began to recite some prayers. I then went to my sitting room and turned the TV on. I just sat there contemplating what had just happened and I knew it wasn't a dream. Whatever this thing was it wasn't happy and didn't want me and my family in that room.

If you read my previous story I was one those teens who messed with Ouija boards way back in the early 90's. Whether it had something to do with that or whether it was a resident Jinn/demon I'm not sure. There were also many numerous times I would see shadows bolting around from my peripheral vision, mostly dark shadows but some white ones too.

Me and my family have since moved from that property and haven't had any similar incidents in our new place but every now and again I sense that someone is watching me as does my wife. I have experienced many other strange and unexplained freaky occurrences which I'll hopefully post here in the near future. Take care and thanks for reading.

God bless and protect you all.

Other hauntings by Rustum

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Rustum, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

zapamay (3 stories) (40 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-30)
This actually sounds like a Hell Hound of some sort. My Mom once used a Ouija Board with friends once and when crazy stuff started to happen they tried to burn it and they heard this crazy barking and howling and growling from these Dogs (there weren't any Dogs around the place they were at at all) But, demons are supposed to make awful growling noises to so, who knows. 😊
jesusrocks (1 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-14)
I'm only 14, so this is the best advice I can give you... Try blessing the house, try to keep a rosary with you all the time. Did you remember to close the seance after playing with the Ouija Board? I hope this Demon Dog goes away and God bless! 😁
looney85 (3 stories) (188 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-24)
Wow your story gave me the chills, for I have also seen black dogs in dreams. In my story (my aunts possesion) I mention a black dog she used to see but in her case it was protecting her so I guess it can go both ways depending on the place and situation.

Im very happy that you are out of this place. May your family be safe and always remember that blessing the house and saying a few prayers can make a big difference.

Keep us posted.

Looney 😊
Rustum (3 stories) (25 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-06-24)
I would like to say a big thank you to everyone here for your kind words of support. Yes I was a foolish youngster who dabbled with the ouija board from way back in the mid 80's up until 1992 when after seeing a demonic presence I ceased ever doing ouija again. Unfortunately I agree with luvparanormal and believe that throughout recent years I have been marred with bad luck however my faith in god has protected me and my family from serious harm and I have repented for doing such stupid and dangerous things. [at] Rookdygin, my friend I am of Pakistani origin. The room we moved to was always cold and on this particular night it became so cold you could see your breath. The crashing noises were very loud indeed. Infact once me and my wife were watching tv when when we heard a crashing sound so loud that we both leapt to our feet and ran towards the bedroom because our kid was asleep there, but when we opened the door everything was fine. There was only one small radiator in that room and very basic pipework. The bungalow was detached so there was no question of the any noises coming from the neighbours. We moved from that property in 2009 and since then we havn't experienced any similiar incidents (thank God). [at] Rozalin yes we are enjoying our freedom from this demon although at times I feel a presence it dooesn't seem to be threatening in any way and I pray that it stays that way. [at] 3nj0y that sounds like a good idea although we have moved from that property I will still do what you have suggested. Once again thnkyou all for your words of support and may God Almighty shower you all with his choicest blessings and protect you and all your loved ones from harm and calamities. Peace be unto you all.
Lilady4 (7 stories) (427 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-24)
Rustum:That sounds way scary! I would probably think that it would be Hell Hound and so would my Husband. But, what would've it wanted from you or your family? I'm really glad that you got out of there when you did.
Love & Light, Rachel ❤
SuddenDEATH (2 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-23)
seems like evil energy roams there in house, trying to harm you in your religinous fear, as black dogs are considered as "djin".
Rozalin (15 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-23)
Hello.

I know many people have commented, and that my two cents is probably useless, but I'm going to give it you anyway~

If things are fine, the activity has stopped, and you're happy elsewhere. Why question it? Don't question it, don't search for answers within dangerous situations or they may, come around, just as dangerous as before, and stick around this time.

No, if things are fine, enjoy your freedom again! Enjoy your life.

I believed that we are all watched my spirits and entities. But we watch the living all of the time, at the store, at the cinema, at school, at work. Watching is harmless; just don't do anything to invite anything more than just watching.

Stay safe, and best wishes.

From,

Lea. <3
maya0903 (3 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-23)
I agree with luvparanormal - maybe you attracted spirits from playing Ouija boards that's why you & your wife are experiencing such. I suggest you may consult to a spirit questors to help you out on this. My prayers to you & your family... Stay safe. 😊
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-06-23)
It's interesting that you and your wife both experienced the door opening, the growling and the feeling of a 'dog' on your bed pulling at the covers. Take comfort that it seemed more 'bent' on scaring you out of that room rather that being after your daughter. I know you said that your wife 'felt' this 'thing' was after her, but after your encounter I feel it just 'proves out' that it wanted you out of this particular room. I do not feel this is tied to your Ouija Board use, but more to the location it happened in.

Now for some 'debunking'. You say your family had to change rooms due to damp and go on to say that in your new room you heard 'banging' I wonder if this could have been the pipes? (Just a thought). As far as the 'being watched' feeling in your new residence... If you are able please check for High sources of EMF (Electromagnetic Energy). They make meters that allow you to measure this field. Electric wires and appliances give off these fields and some people are sensitive to them, if these fields are high enough they can make people feel like they are being watched, sick to their stomach, lightheaded or nervous.

I find it interesting that your story is based in the UK but you make references to the Jinn, which are of Middle Eastern Origin, you even refer to the voice you heard in your ear as having an English accent. May I ask where you are from? I ask because it may have some bearing on why this 'spirit' wanted you and your Family out of that room (Think of what it 'said' in your ear..._).

Respectfully,

Rook
3nj0y (19 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-06-22)
It sounds like multiple Djinn's are in Your home... Just keep up the prayer as much as You possibly can, Especially in the area that is most affected by the malevolent prescence. Don't show them any kind of fear & DON'T back down, because This is exactly what they want. Light some incense, open all the windows & recite Qur'aan or play a loud recording of recitation in the area. The Djinn (s) will leave shortly, They fear the wrath of GOD just as We do & They will have no choice but to face GOD on the day of judgement. The misery they have caused for You and Your Family will NOT go un-punished!.
amzrox123 (3 stories) (5 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-06-22)
I live in an area where there are lots of legends of black dogs being the bearers of death. I would say smudge and purify and put religious symbols around the house. Meditating helps too. Go in the room with your wife. Sit down and face eachother holding hands. Close your eyes and both of you must think something like
"This is my house
I am light
We own this house
Please leave the property" and imagine light being eminated from yourselfs going into every corner of the room. I hope this helps.
luvparanormal (12 stories) (268 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-06-22)
I have known a lot of people that have had similar incidents such as yours even 20 years after playing with Ouija boards. They are not safe and can attract very unwanted guests.
bacchaegrl (506 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-06-22)
Dreams of big black dogs? United Kingdom? Demon dogs? AAAH! Are you dealing with a black shuck? I really hope not. Those things are bad news. Harbingers of death. I'm glad you got out of there. You probably know about all the big black dog stories from your neck of the woods. No one needs to lecture you on those. You seem to be okay now, that's good. I'm glad it was just a couple of isolated incidents. Good luck in your new residence, I hope you find out from where you are getting the creepy feelings.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: