You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Crying Woman

Real Ghost Stories

Crying Woman

 

This happened about eleven years ago when I was around seven years old. Since I was born my family moved a lot of times from house to house. My sister and I have seen and heard many strange things during those times when we were constantly on the move. This is one of them.

My family and I were living in an old two-story house that was in a state of desrepair with the edges of the roof falling off. The house had a creepy attic and basement that my sister and I never dared to enter any one of them.

One time at night my parents were sleeping in their own bedroom and I was in my own room wide awake trying to sleep. I was very thirsty and my mouth was dry which always had bothered me. I didn't want to wake up my parents because they had to get up very early in the morning to go to work, then I decided to go by myself to the kitchen and get a glass of milk.

The kitchen was just down the hallway just a few feet away from my room. When I got there, the first thing I did was to turn the lights on, then I tried to turn on a small TV we had in the kitchen but it was unplugged and the TV was too high for me to reach the cable to plug it in. Then I started to drink my milk, when I just finished my glass of milk, I heard the terrifying sound of a woman give a low moan like as if it was crying. It sounded like it was coming from the hallway a few feet away from the kitchen. My whole body got numb of fear but I didn't care how scared I was and ran to my parents' room and told them that I heard someone crying but they told me it was probably my sister trying to scare me even though what I heard was clearly a grown woman. Then they decided to let me sleep with them.

A few weeks after that incident, I was alone in the entire house, it was at night, and when I went to the bathroom to take a shower, I heard it again and like last time, it sounded very close to me like as if it was in the bathroom with me. I jolted out of there and went to my room and covered myself in my blanket terrified and stood like that until my parents came home a few minutes later. After that second time I never heard it again. Luckily we moved a few months later.

About a year ago I started to remember this incident and told my parents what I heard. My mother didn't know what to make of it but my father told me that in that same house something similar happened to him. He said that when he got up very late at night to go to the bathroom, he saw a woman sitting on the stairs, which was right in front of the bathroom, and the woman was sobbing, she was holding her face crying. My dad thought it was my mom and started to tell her "What's wrong?" but the woman gave no response then my father told her "Fine, have it your way." Then when he got out of the bathroom the woman was gone. When he got to his room he saw my mother sleeping. The next morning he asked her why was she crying on the stairs, my mother was confused and told him she was sleeping the whole time.

Until this day, sometimes I wonder who or what was the woman.

If any of you have any ideas, feel free to comment.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ezetremendo07, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

migelito23 (32 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-10-15)
Hello ezetremendo07 I read your story its kind of creepy when you heard that lady cry at night. If she was crying loudly or soft, can you tell us here at ghost stories how old the woman was when you heard her. Thanks for sharing your story. 😁
Diaz-Barnes (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-16)
Hearing a noise when your home at night and accepting the fact your going to die 😁
the1unknown215 (3 posts)
-2
13 years ago (2011-06-25)
thats kind of creepy I wouldn't know what to think if that happened id probally pull out my knife
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-25)
ezetremendo07,
Not knowing where the bathroom sits in relation to the kitchen and your bedroom, it's pretty much a coin toss if it's residual or intelligent.
It is however, a sad story. Whoever this woman was, she was clearly suffering emotionally. Those emotions are so strong that I wouldn't be surprised if they left an imprint in the home.
This was a good story, thank you for sharing.

Jav
Zik (1 stories) (25 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-25)
I know that feeling Trix.

This story gave me goosebumps, but I hope it was residual and not a spirit feeling sad. >.<

+10
Trix (14 stories) (407 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-06-24)
Hi ezetremendo07, what a sad story... I agree like the others said it could be a residual haunting, but on the other hand, did anyone ever felt so heartbreaking that you would cry and cry and shut yourself down to the world around you that you don't even hear when somebody speak to you? Well I did. You can think I'm crazy, but sometimes when someone's broken down like this it feels like you're alone in this sorrow and want to shut down to the world and its surroundings, because nothing makes sense anymore. This could also be a very heartbroken ghost that manifested herself in that way. Maybe something very sad happened to her. If it was me I would pray for her so that her soul gets to rest. Shame... Poor soul. I hope she gets peace. Thanks for sharing. Trix. ❤
GI-Jane88 (16 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-24)
It's just an idea. How could I ever be certain of anything? It just plays on the theory of unfinished business that seems to surround spirits, savvy? Sorry about saying her, when refering to you, I didn't know 7 year old boys went in the shower without the force of a crow bar lol:)
ezetremendo07 (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-24)
[at] bacchaegrl ~ Thanks for the response. It really could be residual since I only ever heard from her is crying. I once tried to search about the house on internet but it won't show up on any site. I might go to the house one of these days and ask the current owners about it's history or ask around the neighborhood.

[at] Gi-Jane88 ~ I'm a guy BTW. Do you really think it's guilt that's keeping her here?
GI-Jane88 (16 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-06-23)
Just throwing this out there guys- if someone is crying from guilt they may not want help therefore that could be why she ignored her father. She wants to show the living she is remorseful but doesn't necessarily want or feel she deserves help. Considering the noise is following her to different locations I would say its intelligent. As a summary - she might want to show she's sad and sorry as she can't show it to whom it concerns anymore but doesn't want help for her sorrows.
lexhia (2 stories) (11 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-23)
AnimalAngels: I agree with bacchaegrl... It is residual, because it keeps repeating over and over again...she's not aware of her surroundings, stuck in some sort of cycle I guess?, most likely she didn't even notice tremendo's dad...
Lexie Out ❤
AnimalAngels (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-23)
It seems crazy to me that she didn't say anything to your dad. I thought a crying ghost would want help. Did you ever hear anything else but crying?
bacchaegrl (506 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-06-23)
To me, it just sounds like a sad ghost. Maybe even residual, since all she does is cry. Even if she is an intelligent ghost, there doesn't seem to be any way to appease her. She didn't sound dangerous. Just a sad, sad spirit. I know you're out of that house now, but I think the only way to really know what happened there is to look up history, or ask around the neighborhood about the history of that house. I always feel bad for the crying women ghosts out there. There seem to be a lot of them. Who knows what yours was crying about?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: