You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: That's A Strange Way To Wake Me Up

Real Ghost Stories

That's A Strange Way To Wake Me Up

 

So, this JUST happened to me right now. As in less than 20 minutes ago. Before I tell you what happened this morning, I'll tell you what happened last night.

My friends know me as the gamer. The guy who loves videogames. And so what can I say, I am. So in honor of F.E.A.R. 3 releasing tomorrow, I was playing F.E.A.R. 2 Project Origin (its a horror game). I decided to play the most jumpy level on the game, the Elementary level. As I was playing, I kept hearing a very very very quiet and low breath behind me. At first, I thought it was the game since I was wearing headphones. But it began to grow louder, inch by inch. It bothered me so much that I took off my headphones and looked behind me. At that time, I saw a small black cloud figure run out of my room. I thought it was just my imagination because I was staring at my tv for so long... But now I'm thinking it wasn't...

Now, this morning. I woke up at 11:37 AM EST. I actually had a nightmare last night that I was actually playing the Elementary level (that's what scary games do to yah!), but that's beside the point. I had my eyes closed, and I rolled over to my side. The next thing I hear is VERY VERY VERY heavy footsteps. Like a lumberjack was walking in my kitchen! I found this very odd, but just assumed it was my aunt who comes down here reguarly to check up on me (she lives upstairs). I immediately became intregued by these footsteps and kept on listening, still with my eyes closed. But these footsteps were very odd to me since my aunt, she "talks to herself" when shes going around. For example, "Let me put this bowl of salad right here so that he can get it later..." She talks constantlly. Right then, I heard my push-over doors open. (If you've read my last story, in the comments I explain them) That's what shot my eyes right open. I kept listening. One heavy step into the living room... Two heavy steps... Three heavy steps... It stopped.

I wondered what was causing all these noises, now about a minute after it stopped I got up to eat breakfeast. I opened my door and there it was, my push-over doors all the way open. My door that leads to the basement and upstairs was also open. I called out, "Mom?" (that's what I call my aunt)...no answer. I checked the living room, nothing.

After that, I grabbed a bowl o' cereal and came here to post my expierence! I like making these stories:)

Other hauntings by UnderTheFear

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Rhode Island

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, UnderTheFear, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

UnderTheFear (2 stories) (5 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-29)
*GASP* DEVIOUS, YOU MET AKIRA TORIYAMA?!?!?!...Ahem, uhm... Yeah so about that ghost... Lol
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-28)
Silent Hill is my ABSOLUTE favorite horror game series in existence. I have been following that series like it's a cult (pun intended!) since the first game. I also enjoyed the heck out of the first two Fatal Frame games, but IMO, the last one sucked... There were a few creepy scenes but having to constantly run from crazy tattooed lady was really annoying. On a side note, I actually got to meet the music producer for the SH series, Akira Yamaoka. I got his autograph and everything. *fangirl*

Anyway, back on topic... I am open-minded when it comes to people's various experiences, so I do think it's possible that an entity was involved here. I guess that is what some people refer to as "opening the door" to experiences, and could also explain the experiences people have during ouija board sessions. It could either be (as I believe redphx said at one point) them haunting THEMSELVES through psychokinesis, which causes poltergeist-type phenomena, or their fear/apprehension turns them on like a flashlight in the dark.
johntravis28 (guest)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-28)
I have to agree with the others and I think F.E.A.R got in your head. Happened me with the first Resident evil (I know...I'm old and that game is like sooooo outdated lol). Although that doesn't explain the open doors... I enjoyed it though 😁
lazria (9 stories) (82 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-28)
Creepy is an understatement, sounds like when me & my friends would spend all night playing Silent Hill or Fatal Frame. We would swear there was something creeping around. Maybe DA's right, the game put you on edge and something just happened to be "passing by" picked up on it and figured it would give a spook. Who knows, did you ask your Aunt if she had come in earlier and not closed the doors behind her?
Bekkiboo (2 stories) (7 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-27)
About the video game thing id say you just played it too much which led to you dreaming about it, happended me before it made me sick and everything lol! I like ure storey though:P😁
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-06-27)
Ugh, Alma is a creeper isn't she? The first game freaked me out so bad, especially the part where you climb up the ladder and she's like OHAITHAR right in your face. And I really do not appreciate ghostly girls that can spontaneously combust people. I think it rather rude, don't you?

So yeah, I might be a gamer too... 😆

Here's what I think. I think that playing the game got you worked up into a heightened state of, well, fear, and that possibly attracted an entity who saw your little fear-beacon and said "heeeey, free spiritual energy to feed off of!" And really, it probably did not have to try very hard to get a rise out of you since you were already pretty absorbed.

Thank you for sharing your story!
Lilady4 (7 stories) (427 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-27)
It does seem to me that the game caused you to get an overactive imagination. That reminds me of when I was watching Freddy Vs. Jason, in the daytime, but I still frigging thought that Jason was going come past my door and kill me at bedtime! 😆. I was not worried at all about Freddy... And I think that I actually "saw" Jason enter my bedroom door. Mind you, I was 12-13 years old at the time. But, what I'm getting at is sometimes the Human Mind can think something's up and kind of creates illusions.
Hope you had a great laugh at my expense.
Love & Light, Rachel ❤
Boombox (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-26)
I was seeing shadows every time I blinked after playing Alan Wake for 5 hours. Vidyas can do that to you. As for the footsteps: I have no idea 😐 but I liked your story and thanks for sharing! 😳
TaylorChase9 (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-25)
HA bowl o cereal 😆 anywayy I really like your story I pictured it the whole time and I wouldve loved for it to happen to me! I'm an adrenaline junkie to the extreme! Aha, tell us if it happens ever again I'm in to this. 😊
UnderTheFear (2 stories) (5 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-25)
Thanks Javelina for the comment! 1. No, she usually closes the door, since she is the kind of "over-caring" family member and doesn't want to let cold air in. 2. Shes not a heavy foot walker, but shes not a light foot walker, the footsteps I heard were like heavy boots. 3. She never has a reason too, and she never does. Thanks again for commenting! Plus, don't worry to much about this "thing", I've scared it off before, I'll scare it off again:) Bye!
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-24)
UnderTheFear,
Thanks for sharing, you always bring a grin to my face with your stories. 😊
So, let's see where we are. Does your aunt have a habit of not closing the door behind her when she goes back upstairs? Is she normally a heavy footed walker? Does she ever use the push-over doors for any reason?
I'll wait for your reply before going any further.

Thanks again,
Jav
epic_fail (5 stories) (51 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-24)
Lol, I loved the way you wrote this! It made me laugh for some reason when you said you got a 'bowl o' cereal' and came online to post this. You said it so... Enthusiastically that I couldn't help but give a little giggle.

I would have been terrified, though! I'm such a scaredy-cat, I can't even watch the b-rated horror films! Tell us if it happens again, its really interesting!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: