You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Poked At The Birdcage Theater

Real Ghost Stories

Poked At The Birdcage Theater

 

While on vacation to El Paso from San Diego I convinced the wife and son to stop by the city of Tombstone, AZ. I had been so excited about this trip because I have wanted to visit Tombstone since I was about 10 years old. We stopped by the Birdcage Theater which is reported to be haunted, we took the self guided tour and it was very creepy because its so old. After seing it on tv and movies I had to experience it for myself.

Once we got to the backstage area, there were pictures along the wall of an old showgirl or prostitute who used to work there. I was standing next to my wife reading the info along the wall when she decided to walk away without telling me towards a black carriage looking thing to take photos. Just then I felt a strong poke on my butt, and I told her to stop playing because it hurt, she yells back at me from across the room and says "what the h*** are you talking about". When I realized I had been touched it got very cold by the photos and I left the room towards the front lobby. I was scared but I did finish the tour.

We needed to take a break so we walked around Tombstone and tried to get our minds off what we had just experienced. Later that afternoon as we walked back towards the car, my wife had to use a public restroom that was in a small childrens park with 2 swings. As we got closer we caught on film the swings moving back and forth as if someone was on them, with full force. It was a hot day with no wind, it was all caught on video.

Other hauntings by tito412

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Arizona

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, tito412, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

aiafaith1 (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-28)
Woah. Poked on the butt, that's nice. I've always heard stories about the Birdcage theater. Very nice. Thanks for sharing.

AF1 ❤
DragonStorm80 (1 stories) (440 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-27)
I would definately love to see the photos and video you have written about too!

I have to look up this place I haven't heard of it before, sounds interesting:)
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-27)
tito: Thanks for sharing your story with us. The Birdcage Theatre is one place I would love to visit. I'm sure that you got quite an adrenalin rush from your experience by the photograph and swings. 😊
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-27)
tito412,
Apparently I'm the only person alive who has been to The Birdcage Theater and not experienced a thing. Mind you, I live near enough and have been there more times than I can count. Every time we have visitors from out of town/state we go to Tombstone, especially since the "Ghost Hunters" episode aired. But I've yet to experience a thing.
I'm glad you had a good time there though, and it was fun reading about your experience.
Thanks for sharing.

Jav
bacchaegrl (506 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-27)
OOH! I simply love Tombstone! Especially the Birdcage Theater! So full of history! And ghosts! I hope to go there soon and have an experience of my own, as it doesn't seem hard to do.
stillfreakedout (1 stories) (8 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-27)
Hi Tito412,

I just watched a show on the swings that move by themselves. Apparently many people have tried to debunk the swings saying it was the wind. It was really interesting. The said that a boy 10 years old died in a construction accident when they were building the swings and that he goes there to play. Even scientist cannot debunk it. Great story hope to hear more.
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-27)
Tito,
The carriage at the Birdcage Theatre... It is actually an old horse drawn hearse.

Lou
Lilady4 (7 stories) (427 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-27)
I loved this story, tito412! Very interesting story. Can you provide the flim or any pictures of what you witnessed? That would be quite cool and very interesting to see.
Love & Light, Rachel ❤
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-25)
tito: That carriage seems to have a lot of activity around it... There are a bunch of ghost pics with it on the www... I envy you 😆...When I was a kid, my family went on vacation throughout the country... We were on the road for about a month and a half... Tombstone was one of our stops... Wish I'd paid more attention 😆

It would be interesting if you could provide a link to the video... Fun story, thanks for posting!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: