You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ouija Board / Seances :: Ouija Boards And Stupid Friends Never Mix Too Well

Real Ghost Stories

Ouija Boards And Stupid Friends Never Mix Too Well

 

I've been reading stories on this site for a long while, yet I never had quite the gusto to create an account. I've had things happen, one of which I'm telling you right now, yet I just didn't make an account. Here I am today, King-Jack, nice to meet you all.

Now, onward to the story. Yes, yes, it is another Ouija Board story, and yes, I didn't suspect any harm to come of it. At least, not THIS bad of harm.

Background stuff first; I loved paranormal stuff since I was a wee lad. I loved all the ghosts, non-human beings, the existence of the ethereal plane; all those things that would keep a little boy wondering and entertained for a few months. I'd heard about Ouija Boards before, but I had never really been interested in them; I was more of an Electronic Voice fanatic. I was, and still am, a teenager who was just extremely interested in something, and too damn rash to understand what might happen because of it.

Onto what happened. I live in a little country town, and for that reason, I've had hours upon days of free time, and one of my favorite subjects of research was an entity who called himself "Zozo".

One country day, my friend had come over and we were both bored. He claimed to be knowledgeable in the usage of Ouija communication, so we set up the board on the living room floor (We have hardwood floors, keep this in mind.) He had opened a session, and I held my breath, when all of a sudden... Nothing happened. The planchette held its ground and I watched as we tried to talk with the nothing inside of my home. It may have been because it was four in the afternoon, or it may have been because we weren't in the correct mood, but it didn't work, so we packed it up (correctly) and went off to trek through the woods outside my little property.

Later that same night, around eleven, we decided to try again. My friend, Cameron, set the board up in the living room, lit some candles, and was beginning to open a session when I said what was maybe the stupidest thing I could have ever muttered. I turned to Cameron and whispered "Hey Cameron, we should try and communicate with this Zozo thing." He agreed.

We opened session and he began asking questions. He didn't ask for, which may have been another bad point, but he demanded for the presence of Zozo to come to the board. I know NOW that was a bad idea, but then I just thought that's how you did it. (I knew nothing of anything of Ouija ritual back then) The planchette started going crazy. It wasn't going to any certain letters or numbers, just throwing itself around, trying to throw our hands off. Then, it went still.

Cameron asked "Who are you?" and it spelled out "I am Zozo." I was excited. I had read so much about this thing and it's finally here on the board in front of me, despite all the horrible stories I had read. I was excited. We had made a list of questions to ask, and Cameron was about to ask another, when, I swear to all of you, that planchette TORE itself from our hands and went hurtling across the floor. Cameron immediately started freaking out, and I, again, knowing nothing, just smiled at it. He grabbed the planchette, closed session, and we went to bed, after Cameron was sure he had closed it properly.

Nothing happened for the rest of the night, no noises or apparitions or anything. Cameron went home the next day, and a few days passed, then things started happening. Bad things.

First, it was the doors. I had to go to our garage freezer to get a frozen pizza, and I was gone for maybe a minute, but when I came back in, anything that was hinged or slid was open and on the ground. I was freaked out, but I'm a spiritual donkey (I'm extremely spiritually stubborn, nothing really affects me.) so I just put everything back where it was supposed to go and went on with cooking my pizza. Then, the next day, it happened again. I did as I did last time and just continued with my day, slightly shaken, if anything.

It was silent for about three days, then whatever it was started to get personal. I woke up in the middle of the night, and I could see my room. Yet, my eyes weren't open. I couldn't move, and I felt like something had grabbed onto my lungs and was forcing the air out of them. I've never had anything close to sleep paralysis before, so this scared me a lot. Also, right next to my bed, there was this black... Blob... Thing. It wasn't that something was there, per se, but more of it was a lack of light and air. It literally looked like I was staring into despair. Still, though, my eyes weren't open. After that happened I refused to sleep in my room. I still won't go in there, because when I do, the place seems so... Heavy. That's really the only word I could think of to describe it.

That isn't all. I would wake up from the couch, which is seven or so feet from the door to my room, with scratches on my arms, and I'd hear what would sound like something running on claws on the hardwood floors with my bedroom door wide open. I make a point to keep it closed.

The last thing, my friend Cameron has been getting texts and voice messages from me, when my phone's texting is broken (we still haven't figured out how) and I haven't been calling him. He showed me a text, he's received three in all, and it was all gibberish, like someone was mashing keys. I've listened to the voice-mails, and they sound kind of like someone is whispering, but I can't quite make out what it is.

I always hear scampering and sounds and I've taken to living with my mom to get out of that place for a while, and thank everything that it doesn't follow me here... What do I do? I admit I shouldn't have played around with something I didn't understand, and I've gotten enough hazing from others about my stupidity for it; I'd like help. Please?

Other hauntings by King-Jack

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, King-Jack, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

barneyforever (2 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-20)
NINI I agree with you I think the spirit just wants to talk to them or its its way of complaining to them for disturbing him.
NiNiNogginHead (33 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-21)
Whatever you did or said with the ouija board must have made whatever this is really angry though luckily it only seems to be in your home rather than following you. It also seems to want to communicate with your friend.

Did you finish off your conversation with it? Maybe it's angry that you disturbed it but didn't finish the conversation. I don't know much about this stuff and this is my first comment so please correct me if I'm wrong but maybe you should try to finish off your conversation with it or maybe you should just find a method to get rid of it altogether. Good luck!
bellaregazza (5 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-15)
Yeah I thought burning an open ouiji board was like the ultimate no no...

Good luck king jack! I'm sending you my positive energy! ❤
King-Jack (3 stories) (19 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-12)
I always heard that burning the board after breaking it was a very bad thing to do?
lmllr1995 (guest)
-1
13 years ago (2011-08-12)
YOU SHOULD READ THIS:

I have had experiences nearly identical to yours. A friend showed me the board, we tampered with it, and me and my brother and the friend ""got to know"" a demon in it. I would wake up at 3:33 every night (or right around that time) after having night terrors, with the feeling I was being watched. Once I even saw a black hooded figure staring back at me from the cieling. The sleep paralysis symptoms I had as well. I would wake up and not be able to move my body even though my mind was intact... This continued until we used the board again. This time, it kept pointing at me (the controller thing), spelling out that it hated me in specific... And even flung itself at me. I thought a friend did it, but he denied. After this occurence, I took the board, put it against the wall, and kicked it straight in half. (lol.) I did this because I was scared, and then I continued to burn it, and after burning it, there seemed to be a peacefulness that returned to the house and to me. There were no more strange occurences after I burned it.
BlanknameSpace (1 stories) (24 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-08-06)
follow what zzsgranny and redphx said and do a smudging ritual with sage, zozo is a ouija board demon and it isn't going to get better by ignoring it. 😕
applemunchkin18 (3 stories) (8 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-07-31)
Well, did you finished the ouija board? Because it's bad to start disturbing souls then not finishing conversations with them, it pisses them off, a lot.
King-Jack (3 stories) (19 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-29)
The only store we have up here is a Baumans, and I'd have to look up to see if it grows wild. I thank all of you for the help. I think I may go back soon, but I'd definitely have to bring something to use during my initial return, probably salt.
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-29)
You live in Texas. Do you have sage that grows wild there? We have it in AZ. You can also use that sage. Just pick it, let it dry, bundle it up and burn it. I would also try the farmers markets
Delsol (2 stories) (13 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-29)
I saw sage smudge sticks at Sunflower Market (a mostly-organic grocery store) the other day! Seems the need for them has reached mainstream America. (smile). King-Jack, I have no useful advise, but will pray for you and hope your problem is resolved very soon!
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+3
13 years ago (2011-06-29)
darkfantum and the rest: This poster has stated that they've taken a beating already for their mistake, so please, try to refrain from rubbing salt in the wound... Come up with something to help them get rid of it...
darkfantum (44 posts)
-3
13 years ago (2011-06-29)
that was a silly thing to do now you have unleashed something and it is angry, maybe you could communicate with it again somehow an say you are sorry for upseting it?

Yours truly darkfantum
koalagirl (3 stories) (111 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-29)
Hi this thing is really evil, I did the board when I was a teen and that thing come through, lucky he not around me as my faith in god has kept me safe, say psalm 23 the lords prayer, and see a priest getting the house blessed is a good thing as a little bit of god won't hurt any one. Cheers Di.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-28)
King-Jack: Sage bunches for cleansing rituals can be found at any new age shop... You mention you live in a small town, you may have to go to the next bigger city to find a shop, or go online...

In your situation, it's best to follow your religion, since that's what you know best... Why not pay your priest a visit?...He can advise you what to do better than any one... Just for the record, sage is used by Christians as well as other faiths to clean away nasty guys... Another would be frankincense...

Pease keep us posted...

Just a note: the "zzs" in my screen name is for Zozo, what I used to call my grand-daughter Zoe, until I read about it on here! 😆 ❤
King-Jack (3 stories) (19 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-28)
And yes, I have spoken to my mother about this. I don't think she believes me on it, though. I am a Christian and my mother and stepfather are devout Catholics, so I've considered blessing the house and ridding it of spirits in the name of the Three, (Holy Ghost, Father, and Son) but I've never really looked into that either.
King-Jack (3 stories) (19 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-28)
Thank you for your suggestions, but where am I to get sage from? I've heard of its practice but never where it could be bought. Also, Cameron suggested putting wild roses in every room throughout the house. Would this help at all?
lynrinth (guest)
+2
13 years ago (2011-06-28)
You know, I was going to write a funny comment after reading the title. But after reading your story... I decided it wasn't funny after all. All the advice on here is good, but know this. You may be in this situation for awhile. If this 'thing' is what it sounds like, they do not go away so easily. Fear is their greatest asset, and this spirit will milk it for all it's worth with you. Honey, BELIEF in yourself, STRENGTH to hang in there, and FAITH to believe it will get better are your greatest weapons right now. Prayer, firmly telling it to LEAVE, and perphaps using sage to rid of it, or a blessing might do the trick. Anything almost really goes in situations like these. But you have to do what feels right for you. And, I firmly believe this, trust your gut. It will let you know when to beware, or things are right. I hope it doesn't get worse, or maybe you know someone else who could help you. You talked to your mother about this? Just try not to let it intimdate you. It's almost beyond words to know what's happening to you, 'cause if someone else goes through it, no one else would understand. I pray that you and your mother will be safe. Take care.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-28)
Welcome to YGS King Jack. Your story is an interesting one, and a good warning. Glad you shared it.
Redphx's suggestion is a good one, and has worked for many people. A couple of things that have helped me personally are burning sage and making salt barriers at each window and door that leads outside. If you can get a bundle of dried sage, light it as you would incense and walk through every room in the house letting the smoke drift over everything. Visualize the smoke forcing negative energy from your home. After you have finished with the sage, draw a line of salt at each window and door. Salt is pure, and evil cannot cross it. This entity seems to have settled in, so as with any method, it may take more than one try. If you have Christian beliefs, work within your belief system. Do what you feel comfortable with. The salt and sage work for me, but as a Pagan, that's what I feel comfortable with. Work within your beliefs and your comfort zone.
Willpower is your most valuable asset, whatever your beliefs. Whatever you do, you must put your full willpower and intent behind the action. You described yourself as a spiritual donkey, and that's exactly what you have to be. It all comes down to who has the stronger will, you or this entity. I think you do. Show this thing that you want it gone and you mean it.
Good luck ❤
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-06-28)
I've heard that name before but I don't think he actually exists. I don't know why this name keeps coming up.

Basically you effed yourself and it sounds like you have demonic activity in your home. You need to go back there demand that it leave. Which it won't go easily becuase you invited it in. It sounds very strong and he seems to have a sense of humor a bit. You and your friend need to harass him until he leaves. He basically just kicked you out of your own home and he is winning. He thinks it's great and he is laughing at you.

Pray to whomever gives you strength, use white light energy and envision the white light filling your home, every corner and closet. See if going up your walls into your attic, down into the ground and to the edge of your property. See yourself surrounded by this white light too. See all the dark bouncing off you as it trys to get you. You have to kick this thing out and it may take a a few trys. Light white candles and say. "AS I light this candle may all the dark forces be gone from my house. Only the purest and whitest light is allowed in my home. Only those with good intentions and those who are of the purest white light are welcome. Any one who has bad intentions towards me and my family must leave now and never return. No dark is allowed around me, my family, or my property. I demand that you leave as the purest and whitest light fills my home and banishes all evil forever. Never will the dark penetrate these walls. May the purest and whitest light rid all the dark evil beings who dwell here. This white light will remain forever and it will keep out all those who intend to harm. As I will it so shall it be"

You don't have to say that word for word. But that is what I do. I go around my house shouting at it until it leaves. YOu can feel it leave and it will fight you. Get rid of the board. And don't do it again
King-Jack (3 stories) (19 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-06-28)
I completely understand that I was wrong in using the board while trusting that Cameron knew what he was doing. I've gotten enough of how I'm stupid and shouldn't have done it and all this and that; I'd just like help.

For the "Why did you do it, though, after everything you've read?" question, I guess it was just the adrenaline rush. I had always been reading everything, and now that I had finally had it happen, I guess I was just too excited to stop.
watermoon (2 stories) (54 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-28)
Well that's sucks but I still don't get it you read the stories and the warnings and you still played with board? I can't help you with this sorry I have no idea what I would do in a sitaution like this I would probably take off. Still Warning to everybody who tempted to play with the board. There a tiny chance that nothing bad will happen if you know how to use the board correctly but there is a big chance of something bad happening if you don't. Don't play with it.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: