You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Joke Loving Spirit

Real Ghost Stories

Joke Loving Spirit

 

This past weekend, I went down south to my family's farm. I've been going there at least twice a year since we moved to Texas from Canada when I was 3. Its beautiful land and there is a big modern farm house that we all stay in when we go.

Just some background about the feelings that I have about paranormal presences being there - on the property there is one grave of a lady and her unborn child that had died in the 1800s while passing through the land, and also some graves of miscarried babies of my aunts, but I have never really felt a presence of a woman or child there. I'm not sure if there are any unmarked graves that we don't know about or if anyone has died on the property. There are large windows in the house with no curtains, so at nighttime, it does let your mind play tricks on you that something is at the window, but I'm not sure. Never seen any specific outline of a person but I'd see figures out of the corner of my eye.

Well back to this trip - I was sitting in the room in the back of the house with my mom, my aunt, and my niece watching Pretty Woman (dont you just love that movie:p) and we had stopped watching and were talking. On the couch it was mom, me, my niece and then one of my aunts. I turned to the left to speak with my mom and made a joke and at that moment as we were all laughing, I felt a strong push on my left shoulder that jolted me to the point I knocked over onto my small niece. I gasped and I looked to my mom and asked if she had pushed me and she said no, she also had her hands full holding one of the dogs. I looked to my other side (though I knew my mother was the only one that could have reached my shoulder) and asked if my niece or aunt had pushed me and of course neither one had. They all just stared at me like I was crazy.

I am certain I was pushed, it wasn't a tap, it literally pushed me over. It wasn't a mean feeling, it was almost like a joking push like someone was like "come on, no way!" so it felt like it was in response to the joke I had just told. Seemed pretty funny to me, maybe it was a spirit letting me know they liked my joke!:D

Other hauntings by sarahmariacecilia

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, sarahmariacecilia, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Madyrina (68 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-07-02)
sarahmariacecilia: you definitely should. Who knows maybe you'll hear a joke back! ๐Ÿ˜†
sarahmariacecilia (3 stories) (105 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-30)
Madyrina - that is greatness! I love it. Its so good to know there are spirits out there that are around but can still have a laugh ๐Ÿ˜† I think the next time I go down there I'll try to tell some more jokes and see what kind of reaction I get!
Madyrina (68 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-06-29)
Great story. Glad you had an experience with a pleasant spirit. I once heard a deep male laugh while watching America's funniest home videos while I was home alone. ๐Ÿ˜Š
johntravis28 (guest)
+2
13 years ago (2011-06-29)
and I think he deifinitely speaks for most men...SOLIDARITY! Lol
sarahmariacecilia (3 stories) (105 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-06-29)
Haha John, very funny! ๐Ÿ˜† Pretty Woman is perfect for some girl time! The spirit must have been a man ๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜†
johntravis28 (guest)
+2
13 years ago (2011-06-29)
Hello...liked you story and it's good that this spirit seemed good natured. Maybe however it was pushing you for forcing it to watch Pretty Woman? That movie suuuuuucks!:) More likely that it liked your joke though.

Thanks for sharing

Peace

John
bacchaegrl (506 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-06-29)
I agree, it's nice to hear about something playful and not malicious for a change. I couldn't make a guess as to who it was. But I like your story.
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
+4
13 years ago (2011-06-29)
Love the movie Pretty Woman, and I loved your story. ๐Ÿ˜ I am with Jav on this. Definitely sounds like a good natured spirit, that was hanging out enjoying the movie and some good laughs. Thanks for sharing this with us. ๐Ÿ˜Š โค
sarahmariacecilia (3 stories) (105 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-06-29)
Thanks for the comments Jav and darkfantum, yes I was completely caught off guard and I love how it just left me with a good feeling. For once I wasn't scared. It definitely has made me see things in a different light. I hope I encounter more happy spirits.:)
Ps. Darkfantum, you have never seen Pretty Woman?! You must! ๐Ÿ˜†
darkfantum (44 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-06-29)
wow a nice ghost maybe it wants to be nice and I have not watched pretty woman
Darkfantum
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-06-28)
sarahmariacecilia,
I always love to hear about good natured spirits, especially ones that understand a good joke. Clearly that's what you've found down on the farm.
Thanks for sharing this story, it made me smile. ๐Ÿ˜Š

Jav โค

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: