You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: My Dad Still Watches Over Me

Real Ghost Stories

My Dad Still Watches Over Me

 

This is my first post and it's very long so bear with me!

So here is some background info before I tell my experiences.

When I was about 2 years old my father passed away at age 23. (I'm 19 now) This part of the story is what I was told from my Yiayia (grandmother) who used to watch me everyday when I was little... Well because I was obviously too young to remember then. These events occurred almost immediately after his death. She said I would be sitting in my high chair and I would just turn and start having a conversation with someone. My aunt would ask her who I was talking to and they both came to the conclusion it was my dad. I would talk to him everyday. She also said when I was being a little brat that I would look up, point, stomp my feet, and say "No! I don't want to!" or "No, I won't!" I'm pretty sure he was telling me to be good!

Now the rest I can remember on my own. When I was about 4 or 5 around Christmas time, I was tugging on my Godfather's (dad's younger brother) shirt to get his attention. His over protective dog took it as me hurting him and literally attacked me, biting a clear hole from front to back of my dress over my heart. Now the weird part of this is that there was not a single scratch on me. None whatsoever. He must have protected me.

The next thing I remember quite clearly. This was when I was about 5. It was in my Godmother's (mom's older sister) old house. Her house was pretty old, had stairs that went straight up into an attic type floor which had a bedroom and a VERY small bathroom at the top of the steps. I don't know exactly how it started, but I remember going up there because I would get the urge to. Me and my cousin who is 9 months younger than me would both go to that bathroom up there to talk to my dad and her grandpa who had recently passed at that time. I remember going up there every time I was there. She still remembers going up there too for the same reason. We would just sit on the floor Indian Style and talk to them for hours. I don't remember about what, probably the typical 4 and 5 year old convo. But I always think about when her and I would go up there to talk to them. I don't think any of the adults knew what we went up there for because I actually told my Yiayia about it tonight and she just about passed out.

And the most recent thing that has happened was the night of Father's day. I was unable to visit my dad's grave as I had work all day so all I could think of was how bad I felt that I couldn't see him. That night I had a dream of him. I've never had a dream of him before. It wasn't like a normal dream though. The only way I can describe it is it was just his face, and he was smiling at me. Didn't say anything, just him smiling. And it was very vivid. His bright blue eyes looking so happy. I told my aunt and she said he misses me and knows I wanted to see him but couldn't. I felt like I actually got to see him. It made me feel better like he still watches over me when he can. Maybe not be with me everyday like he was, but still is here when I need him.

Just wanted to share something! I appreciate any feedback!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Indiana

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Brittany22, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

koolruud (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-10)
Beautiful story Brittany. Enjoyed every moment of it. Thank you so much for sharing it with us.😊
samiraljohani (6 posts)
-2
12 years ago (2012-01-10)
Sorry to disappoint you but good spirits meets with good spirits but they can never interact with us while we are alive because they live in a stage between life and doomsday

Temporal world - > Isthmus -> doomsday -> heaven or hell

4 stages, now we currently at the temporal world, deads live in Isthmus, you can never interact with that world unless you were sleeping, cause sleeping is in Isthmus, now... If you did interact with someone while you're awake that means it's a demon, to make sure it is demon for sure and in the same time kick him out of the room... Do this

1. Go to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUBK2hQgreg
2. Save the file on your computer and play it when you feel his presence.

If he's gone... That's your answer

Peace
Brittany22 (1 stories) (1 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-11)
Wow, I was not expecting this many people to read my story! I am pleasantly surprised! Thank you all for taking time to read and comment on this. It means a lot. ❤ I'm tearing up. But I'm so happy at the same time. I hope I can post more stories about him in the future.

[at] Gizzy, it was just a feeling that I should go up there to talk to him. I don't remember the first time it happened I just remember always going up there excited to see him.
martin12 (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-01)
Beautiful story knowing that a love one still washes you from above 😊
Gizzy (3 stories) (71 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-01)
Hi Brittany22,

I really liked your first (of many hopefully) story. There is such a feeling of warmth in your account I found myself smiling whilst reading.
When you spoke to him in the bathroom at your Grandmothers house did you ever feel him or see him or was it intuitive to go there to chat?

I personally think it is wonderful when people who have passed on let you know that they are still here and have on occasion felt these things myself sometimes when thinking about them and others for what seems to be no reason.

I hope to hear more from you. Suzie 😊
Lilady4 (7 stories) (427 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-01)
What a beautiful story here, Brittany22. Brought tears to my eyes. I am so Glad that your Father still watches over you every day. You will always be loved.
Love & Light, Rachel ❤
otteer (8 stories) (398 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-30)
Bless you and thanks for sharing your story. I too feel my father comes to say "hello" occasionally. Stay open to him and he will continue to check in on you. ❤
reymarkvil (10 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-30)
your very lucky to have a father who's like that, even after death he still finds a way to make you feel that he loves you...
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-30)
I'm very sorry for your loss, but I do appreciate you sharing this with us. It gives people a lot of hope to know that the other side isn't all about slamming doors, demons and creepy voices. It is good to know that love still exists in the purest form, as with the love between a father and his child.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-30)
Brittany22,
Thanks for sharing such a personal story with us, it certainly got me all misty eyed. And I believe you were talking to your dad. Listen to what Aussie says too, he knows a lot about this stuff. ❤

Jav 😊
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-06-30)
Brittany, I Too enjoyed your story cause I know deep down in your heart you know your Dad is with you, interesting dream about your Dad smiling... I think from memory the very first dream I had of my Dad after he succumb to cancer... This dream just prior to seeing him, just opened straight up, kind of like splitting in half and there was my Dad smiling... Later on, on a higher level of awareness and state of consciousness and from with in his world... I was able to talk with my Dad and have some things later validated from that conversation by my mother... So I knew it was no dream and later on from that, I was lucky enough to see his spirit outside my room and after probably ruling some things out and in to my imagination, being that stubborn skeptic, my Dad decided to step his game up and show himself to me from this world, so yes mate they do look over us and your Dad is looking over you and what a lovely introduction smiling at you... Lol

Daz
Shadows-Mime (1 stories) (4 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-29)
Brittany... Your a lucky girl. Your father is like your own guardian angel, protecting you, watching over you, and being their even though you can't see him. I guess not even death himself can take away your father's love and protection. Thanks for putting this personal experience for some of us read.
Madyrina (68 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-29)
Such a heart warming story. I have a few stories of loved ones visiting me too... It feels good knowing that they are still watching over me and participating in my life in some way.
Joyjc (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-29)
What a wonderful story! Really touched my heart. ❤...I too have had vists and dreams of past loved ones... It helps to know that they are still apart of our lives.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-29)
buttercup - you were the one I missed in the list of people I was suggesting. I'm so sorry. I'm glad you commented on this story and I hope Brittany looks your story up too.
buttercup4 (3 stories) (6 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-06-29)
My dad passed away when my mother was pregnant with me, and I recently had a long conversation with him in a dream. I believe he's watching out for me and don't doubt that your father is watching out for you. I have come to realize that it's one of the most special father/daughter relationships there is.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+2
13 years ago (2011-06-29)
Brittany: Your story struck a chord with me... I think your Dad was letting you know he felt you thinking about him... Thank you for posting a wonderful experience! ❤...Hope there are more...
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
13 years ago (2011-06-29)
Brittany22 - I just wanted to say I enjoyed your story. There are a couple of other members on here that have stories that are similar to yours. If you'd like, check out aussiedaz, monkeylemur82, zzsgranny and applerose. I'm forgetting someone, I know I am and I'm sorry.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: