You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Sylvia: Black Haired And No Eyes

Real Ghost Stories

Sylvia: Black Haired And No Eyes

 

Before I start, I would just like to say that everything I'm writing down here is completely true. I am not one to make up lie's to grab attention, I would direct you to someone who can confirm this but I don't believe I know anyone on this site well enough for that.

I may be young, but for as long as I can remember I have been able to sense ghosts. And more recently I have been able to see, feel, and hear a female presence who seems to only get my attention; I live with my two brothers who are younger then me, my parents and my Grandmother. When I try to talk to my mom about ghosts or anything like that she dismisses it and won't hear anything about what I'm saying.

The ghost girl who I see always comes around at night while I'm trying to sleep and disturbs me. Sometimes she whispers my name (I don't know how she knows it) or touches my shoulders. Once I felt her lay down on my bed next to me. She doesn't seem to want to harm me but her appearance is rather intimidating.

Her skin is very pale and for some reason I can't help but feel that she looks as if she is very cold, as if she had been in water and hadn't dried but she doesn't look wet. Maybe it's just a sense or something along those lines. Her hair is black and scraggly looking, it's not very long.

She wears a white night gown that looks to be old and a little bit dirty. The aura I get from her isn't threatening but she is terrifies me. I think she's probably in her late teens. I also believe that her name is Sylvia. I don't know her last name but I'm almost certain that it is her name.

I remember thinking in my mind and it was like a flash had gone off in my head and the letters of the name popped into my mind's eye. And one more thing about her appearance, I can never see her eyes. I'm not sure if she doesn't have any or they are just hidden somehow but where her eyes should be there's nothing that I can see.

She never show's up before 1:00 am, and doesn't always come; some nights she does and some nights she doesn't. But when she does come she comes strong. I can feel her pressure and energy very strongly, I wish I knew what she wanted from me though.

I remember one night I tried to block her out by turning over and facing my back to her. I've learned that it seems to agitate her. I had on my iPod and faced the wall that my bed is up against. It was about 1:30 or 2:00 am when I felt a light touch on my shoulder and got the strong urge to open my eyes.

I tried to resist it at first because I knew that it was the girl, Sylvia, but it just wouldn't go away. So I opened my eyes and she was leaning over me, her face only about 3 or 4 inches away from mine. I've never been so scared in my life.

 The most prominent thing about her face was her eyes that weren't there though, my heart was beating so fast. I gasped and closed my eyes while hiding my sheets, scared to open my eyes again. I don't know how long I stayed like that but it was a long while before I opened my eyes again.

Sylvia hasn't done something like this again, but from time to time I still see her. All she does is stand in the middle of the room or near my bed but doesn't move otherwise. She's been with me for a while now, but as I said before I've only recently been able to see her.

This is probably because I'm a little bit older then the first time I really sensed her and now I am able to see her better. I just wish that she would stop being so unsubtle about making sure I know she's there.

But randomly showing up and appearing in my room isn't the only way she get's my attention. At random times during the night my alarm clock goes off, and when I turn to look at it the time doesn't make any sense.

The first number is always 0 followed by something random. For example: 0:6.9. But I don't know what they mean and it scares me to death. I even turned off the alarm switch on my radio clock but it still goes off even though the switch is set to OFF.

I don't understand what Sylvia wants but I wish she would somehow just tell me like she did with her name so I could hurry up and help her. That, and I don't remember the last time I've had a good night's sleep.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Paranormstate, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

MidnightHuntress (4 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-10)
Sounds exactly like Slyvia Likens. Google her if you don't know but she was murdered. I would say it was her if you were in Illionis.
vamps_r_out (6 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-07-03)
Hi ok if this doesn't make sense sorry I'm new:). About your alarm clock - when you said it flashed.0. Then two other numbers, you used 6.9., I don't know if anyone else thought that looked like a yin and yang symbol? Has it ever flashed that way before (as you said it was just an example)?It's a long shot. Also I agree with some other posters about making contact and helping her move on:) hope everything goes well:)
AnimalAngels (guest)
+2
13 years ago (2011-07-01)
Hello 😁.
Well I have a few things of my own I think it is.
1) Your a girl and she's a girl so she feels comfortable with you.
2) She knows you can see her and your bothers maybe can't.
3) I think she just wants to tell you something. I like [at] Badjuujuu's idea. But I think first, she if she will tell you how she died then hold a Memorial service.
❤,
AA
Gizzy (3 stories) (71 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-01)
Hi Paranormstate,

I have another thought on the eyes that this could be in some way connected to how she died. Also the phrase eyes are the windows to the soul came to mind when reading your account. I do not say this to scare you as I am not trying to say that she is evil, I don't know.
How have you tried to make contact already?
Have you spoken to her both aloud and in your head when she appears?
Have you tried leaving paper and a pen next to your bed?
Does this just happen in your own house or has she visited you elsewhere?
Also next time the alarm goes off try noting down the display screen figures as she may be trying to talk to you using this.
Do you have any idea why your mum does not want to listen to you? It may be that she has a gift herself which she does not want.
Also you get the feeling she is wet even though she is not have you considered this may come from her to help you with the message she is trying to communicate.

These are just questions and suggestions and I am sure you will get more.
Thank you for sharing Suzie 😊
otteer (8 stories) (398 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-06-30)
Makes me sad too. I agree, try and make contact with her, she hasnt tried to hurt you, only get your attention. I'm no expert but the no eyes things may be the thing that allows her to show herself, because it's scary it is producing energy and she may be feeding off the energy to materialize. Perhaps get a recorder and ask questions, maybe she will communicate on tape? I can certainly understand how this bothers you and keeps you awake. I hope you get some answers soon. I do like the idea of showing her to the light, others always suggest covering yourself with light before you procede in communication with a spirit. And the memorial service idea is good too.
Keep us posted! ❤
Reaper89 (2 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-06-30)
I would try my best to talk to her, but ignoring her might be a bad idea. Also use extreme caution, do not downplay her as a simple harmless spirit girl, although that's what it seems. Evil spirits use traps and disguises to trick you, deceitfulness is the work of the devil. If all else fails, ask for God's help, I'm sure this will provide some comfort...
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+5
13 years ago (2011-06-30)
Hello and thank you for sharing your experience. I have to ask about something, you gave two conflicting statements about her eyes.

"I'm not sure if she doesn't have any or they are just hidden somehow but where her eyes should be there's nothing that I can see."

"The most prominent thing about her face was her eyes that weren't there though, my heart was beating so fast."

The second statement makes it sound like you are sure she does not have eyes. So what is it?

If she does not have eyes, that tells me that this spirit is one of the following:

A) Someone who was blind in life, which doesn't really make sense because I cannot see them projecting an accurate image of themself without ever having seen themself in the mirror.

B) This spirit is not and has never been human.

C) It may be another type of spirit, such as a doppelganger or poltergeist, impersonating someone who lived there before.

Poltergeist spirits feed off of the energy given off by the people they terrorize. I would have my house cleansed and/or blessed if I were you. It may be a good idea to look into residential records and see if there was a child who lived there before.
Maestro (3 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-30)
Hi, I she might be following you or with you and not harm you because perhaps you were great friends in your past lives. You may not remember but she will and is in this universe because she might have left something here that keeps her attached to it. So until it also disappears or dies she cannot cross to other vibrations.
Hope it helps.
nubia249 (1 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-06-29)
I am very good with ghosts, so my advise is to wait for her at night then talk to her face to face, don't go to sleep, even if she doesn't talk back you must keep talking, she will show you what she wants, but you must show her no fear
Madyrina (68 posts)
+4
13 years ago (2011-06-29)
How disturbing and sad. It does seem like she's trying to get your attention. Is there any bodies of water by where you live that could explain the sense you have that she's been in water? You may want to do some research.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+8
13 years ago (2011-06-29)
I had a situation a bit like yours when I was younger. What I ended up doing was holding a small memorial service for the ghost who followed me. Just a few words acknowledging that he had lived, loved, had been a person, and hoping that he could find peace. The memorial seemed to set him at ease. He only came back once after that, it felt like he was saying goodbye.
Maybe you could try something similar to help Sylvia.
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
+4
13 years ago (2011-06-29)
This story makes me sad. THe poor girl. Why don't you ask her if shes lost. She may answer you by shaking or nodding her head. If she is lost tell her to go home to the light. If she doesn't know how to get there you ask for the light to come to her.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: