You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Something Evil At My Bedside

Real Ghost Stories

Something Evil At My Bedside

 

So I had a frightening experience about 3 years back. I'm now a 20 year old man living in Ireland, Derry City, its actually in the North of Ireland. But here's how it goes.

I decided that I would have an early night, and went to my bed at around 9.p.m because I'd had a busy day and I just wanted to sleep. A few hours later I awoke and needed to use the bathroom, the time was if I remember correctly near 3.15a.m. I got back into bed feeling wide awake, then all of a sudden, before I even got the chance to get comfortable I felt my entire body stiffen like a board. I couldn't move anything apart from my head and I screamed out as loud as I could but there was no sound coming out of my mouth. As I lay there from the corner of my eye I began to see this glowing green form appear to the left side of my bed. I didn't get a sense of any harm coming from the apparition and I turned my head to look at it. It began to form outlines of people and at one point I thought I could see my late grandmothers shape and appearence forming from the glowing object, I wasn't scared at all, I felt ok.

But everything changed, the object got so bright I had turn my head and look away. I closed my eyes until I had stopped, I thought it had gone. I then turned my head to see a huge figure standing at my bedside. A male at least 6ft 5inchs, with curley/wavey shoulder length hair, wearing a brown robe, tied with a belt made form rope or some material similar to it. But his face, his face frightened me the most, its difficult to put it into words but I'll try. His face literally looked like it had been polished, really shinny, with a long mouth and his eyes put the fear of God in me. They were huge, two or three times the size of any humans eyes, but he didn't stare at me just directly in front of him. I could feel that this 'thing' wasn't good, I could feel the evil coming from him. At one point I could sense the fear travelling from the tips of my toes to the top of my head. I was calling out, trying to move and nothing would happen.

After about 20 seconds of this figure standing alongside my bed my body began to ease up, and my voice gradually came back, it then disappeared. I jumped out of bed, sweating like a pig, it was as if I just came out of the hot tub. I was so shook up. I went upstairs to the room where my brothers slept, and sat their the whole night wide awake listening to footsteps running up and down the stairs and scratching on the door.

The next day I told my parents and a few others what had happened, they've tried to dismiss it as just a dream. I haven't experienced anything like this before or since. And it was 100% not a dream. I researched my street a little bit and suposedly it was built on top of an old monestry, from a few centuries back. Could it have been a monk? Whatever it was it was EVIL

Your feedback would be great. Thanks

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ireland

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, shiels10, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

crecentblue03 (151 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-08)
first of all let me say it sounds like astro projectionton to me this means your soul left its body to go traveling to visit others this is why your body couldn't move at first. The tall being could have been an angel they are made of pure light the fact that you were scared was because it did not appear to be what you expected it to be an angel can take on different forms. I do not agree with the other persons post about fallen angels I believe there are no fallen angels they can't disobey God because they don't have a will like man does and angels are made of pure light while demons are made of smokeless fire. I hope this information helps you a bit I also agree that you should research it. Thanks for sharing very Interesting!
Juniper (2 stories) (37 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-03)
But monks aren't evil! I don't think it could be a monk. And wouldn't that mean your house is on holy ground?
wolfgirl1998 (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-02)
The idea of an evil alien is very interesting. Maybe it is like those things from the ancient aliens Tv show.
buckle123 (2 stories) (10 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-01)
The description kind of sounds like a monk, but they didn't have long hair.
reymarkvil (10 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-01)
if it got far and is already causing you and your family discomfort I think its time you should do something about it.
Lilady4 (7 stories) (427 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-07-01)
This sounds so scary! I was thinking along the same lines as sarahmariacelia in that it could've been a being attempting to imitate Jesus or God, or an Angelic being. But, if you think about it, Demons are supposedly Fallen Angels, so they still would look like Angels or Angelic Beings.
Or, you could check out sleep paralysis by typing it in on a search engine like Google or Yahoo!, or you could also follow this link if you want:http://www.stanford.edu/~dement/paralysis.html
Love & Light, Rachel ❤
Paranormstate (1 stories) (3 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-30)
Oh my that's terrifying! I'm sorry that you went through such a thing.: (I have something similar to like why happened to you but it's not nearly as bad; I don't seize up or sweat much but anyways. Maybe you should look up the creature you saw, like, describe it in a search engine or find some sort of paranormal book? I hope you can fun out what it was and what happened to you, and I also hope thy it doesn't happen again! ❤
bacchaegrl (506 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-30)
You can research anything on the internet, by typing in magic words on google. You know, descriptions and what not. I do most of my research by reading actual books. My paranormal book collection is out of control. If you really want to get into interesting ghost stories and theories about ghosts, I would suggest a Brad Steiger book. He's someone you should definitely google, or find on amazon. He has ghost books, demon books, alien books, and he covers so many subjects and gives a lot of great examples. If you are into the psychic side of the paranormal, I would look into Hans Holzer. While he is a bit full of himself, his case studies are definitely something to be aware of when delving into the paranormal. About.com has good articles and other personal accounts that cover a wide range of topics. I don't know if you're more interested in the actual stories or the theories behind them, but I could provide you with several more places to go and books to read if you are interested.
nevergoesaway (2 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-30)
hey can I ask you what site you use to research that kind of stuff I want to do some resaerch myself if you could let me know that would be great
bacchaegrl (506 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-06-30)
That sounds like a robot elder on the robot planet from Futurama. But seriously, how scary. I don't know what I would have done if I saw that beside my bed. It could have been a creepy monk, but why would a monk be so scary? Maybe he did some bad things during his life? I don't know what to make of the being you saw, I hope you don't see it again.
sarahmariacecilia (3 stories) (105 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-30)
When I first starting reading your description of the thing beside your bed, it sounded like Jesus, but with that face and the feeling it gave you... That is insanely scary. I am in no way someone that knows how to decipher different kinds of entities but the first things I thought of was maybe it was some sort of demon attemping to imitate Jesus... I could be entirely way off, but it was just my first thought. I hope you figure it out and it doesn't come back to you! Thank you for the story!
theavisbeth (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-30)
Sounds kind of like an alien to me. The shiny face, long mouth, and big eyes. An evil alien? Sounds scary!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: