You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Spirit Of My Deceased Grandfather?

Real Ghost Stories

Spirit Of My Deceased Grandfather?

 

I have a little brother who is currently 5, he was 1 when this story occurred. My grandfather died a year before my brother was born.

My little brother Lane was 1, just learning to talk so that's what makes this story so interesting. I was ten and very open to the paranormal, so I was pretty shooken up. I was playing in my small room with my brother when the unplugged radio comes on. I jump up and run out the room with my little brother. We soon return to the room, I turn off the radio and my little brother starts to giggle.

I look down and he's kicking his feet, I ask him "What's going on Lane?" he looks up and says "Papa is tickling me". I suddenly feel really cold and I ask him "Papa?" he nods and points to the closet, "Papa is in there". I pick up my brother and go into the living room where the rest of my family is crowded around the T.v. I put Lane down and explain the occurrence to my mom. My mom says the story makes sense since younger children are more open to spirits. Then everyone freezes even Lane, we all get a whiff of my grandfathers cologne that was in my mom's closet. My whole family wasn't near her room which startled us all. Lane suddenly cheers "Papa came back!," we all huddle in front of the T.v, very startled and still smelling the cologne.

The story is still unexplained and we moved out of the house years after. My mom doesn't get any more signs so she thinks Papa has moved on, and maybe all he needed to be was heard.

Thanks again for reading guys!

-Liz

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Lizzy15, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Lilady4 (7 stories) (427 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-02)
What a beautiful story here,Lizzy15. I'm sure you're Grandfather is still watching over you guys and I'm sure that he will probably always be there for you and your family.
Love & Light, Rachel ❤
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-02)
Lizzy15,
Thank you for sharing your experience here. I was very touched by it. And of course I believe it was your Grandfather visiting you that day. That happens every now and then. But the fact that the entire family got to experience his visit together just makes it all the more special.

Jav ❤
DogLover6232 (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-02)
Nice to know your grandfather loves you! He truly does, or else he wouldn't of stopped by to say hello. He wanted to meet your little brother, just like my grandpas wanted to meet me. They both died in 1998, due to cancer, and never met me, since I was born that year, around two months after they died. Our loved ones have trouble letting go to.
Madyrina (68 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-02)
How awesome! Ahh, your grandpa wanted to meet the newest member of the family. I love to read about loved ones coming back for a visit, such a nice break from the terrifying encounters people have.
sarahmariacecilia (3 stories) (105 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-01)
How wonderful!:) This story definitely had me smiling. Thank you very much for sharing it with us.
scribbl3r (1 stories) (19 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-30)
I love it! Nice to think your grandpa was just stopping by to say hello. 😳

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: