You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: There Is Something In My House

Real Ghost Stories

There Is Something In My House

 

I just moved into this house about six months ago. Before then my family moved a lot and we have had encounters with the paranormal in other homes. I had lived in the same neighborhood for the last 9 years. Anyways on moving day my mom and I went to check out our new place. When we got there the sun was starting to set and it gave the house a slight eerie look. I unlocked the door and the house was very dark. After exploring I decided that I was going to sleep there that night and unpack what was already in the car while the rest of my family packed up at our old place. I was alone that night and I unpacked several boxes. Now here is where I was starting to get a little concerned, when I went into my room to assemble my bed, the room grew noticeably colder and colder. I didn't see how that was possible because my room is right next to my parents' room and their room was just fine, and the living room as well.

The occurrences were becoming more frequent weeks after we settled in. Someone or something hides little things from me every once in a while, and I keep my room clean and organized (I am sort of a neat freak) so I notice when something is missing. It mostly happens with my flash drives, keys, cell phone, pens, pencils etc. But hours later I find them exactly where I left them before.

Things happen to me when I'm sleeping as well. It has been twice already that I find some of my clothes on the floor across the room when I wake up. I have woken up to find that my shirt is off and its on the floor in front of my bed along with things from my bookshelf and closet.

The most recent event happened last week. My brothers have summer classes so they were out the entire day, my dad works and my mom was out running errands. It was about 10am and I was alone watching TV in the living room. The curtains were open and there was sunlight flooding my house. I noticed something in the corner of my eye and I turned to look. I saw a shadow in the hallway, and it moved up the hallway towards the front door. I was scared that there might have been an intruder so I picked up a knife from the kitchen and pulled out my cell phone just in case. I looked and looked but there was no one else in the kitchen.

What should I do? I have told my parents about this and they believe me because they have had similar things happen to them in the house. I just hope it doesn't become violent.

Other hauntings by alone_in_this_world

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, alone_in_this_world, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Ghost_adventures_fan (2 stories) (17 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-10)
I reckon, not from actual experience, that some poltergeists just like tricking people, scaring them, but not demonically
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-02)
[at] Madyrina and alone_in_this_world,
It would be interesting if the both of you, and anyone else reading this who lives in California, started keeping track of these events and the correlation they may have to seismic activity in your respective areas. Now that would make an interesting story! If you keep an eye on the local geological survey sites, they will have the most recent and up to the minute reports having to do with any seismic activity.
Now, if you add the moon phase to that, you might really have the beginnings of an intriguing study on your hands.
It's just a suggestion, but I for one would love to see what would come of a study of that nature, wouldn't you?

Jav
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-02)
alone_in_this_world,
Thank you so much for such a timely reply.
A shadow person in the back seat? YIKES! OK, that would freak me out too.
But, I do believe that the abundance of reports of paranormal activity in California does have a lot to do with the earthquake zone. I mean it just makes sense that with such constant moving and shaking going on, it would be difficult for some spirits to be kept down. And from the sound of it, you are getting the blunt end of the stick. I'm sorry it frightens you so. But I honestly don't see a reason for worry, although these sightings can be startling, they are just people that no longer have the physical body to hang out in. And living in the area you do, it is probably best if you can somehow find a way to become more comfortable with your gift. Because what you have is definitely a gift, not everyone is able to see these folks as clearly and as often as others. Plus, spirits are aware that you can see them, it must give them a small amount of comfort to not be completely invisible. It may help to think of how lonely it would be not to receive any attention at all.
I hope this helps you at least a little, and please do keep us updated on any further activity. Someday these accounts at this website are going to be of great interest to others. Mark my words.

Javelina

Hometown: Big Bear Lake, California
Madyrina (68 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-02)
alone_in_this_world: Great story thanks! A shadow person in the back seat! I would have FREAKED! I have had that fear of a hitchhiking ghost taking a ride in my back seat since I started driving... Sometimes I only look out the side mirrors in fear of what I'll find sitting back there.

Javelina: interesting theory! I'm from Cali also, and have had many experiences, which I'll eventually post here, as well as have meet many, many others that have had experiences. So you might just be on to something.
alone_in_this_world (2 stories) (2 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-07-02)
i forgot to add that I do not sleepwalk or anything and I have never had a history of doing things in my sleep. I have noticed that most stories are coming from california and I too wonder why that is. No one else has complained about physical things happening to them. Oh but a few days ago I went to the beach for a walk with my mom. When we were in the car on the way back I noticed my mom was a bit uneasy, when we got home she asked me if I looked in the rear view mirror and I said no. She told me that there was a shadow figure, like a silhouette of a person, sitting in the back seat. I wonder what's happening now.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-01)
alone_in_this_world,
Tricksters aren't normally violent, they're just tricksters. My mom had one with her for years. We once, after searching high and low for the longest time, found her car keys in a cup of water in the freezer, frozen. Luckily, she didn't have to work that night. There would have been hell to pay if she had. 😆
Here's a little theory of mine, and others, that I haven't voiced in a long while:
You live in California. Lot's of earthquake activity. I was born and raised there, I know how it is. You say you've lived in other houses that have also been a source of paranormal activity? Were all these homes in California?
Not that it matters so much, you can experience it anywhere. But do me a favor, OK? Go look up the list of states on this site and tell me which one of those states has the most stories published here. That's a good indication that my theory about the paranormal activity around the fault lines is much more prevalent than other places in the "continental" United States.
What do you think?

Jav
Kali-Ma (7 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-01)
The spirit in your house does not sound violent. They are probably just tired of being unnoticed and alone. Just because someone dies does not mean they don't want to interact with the world they perceive. Try and talk to them, but only if you are comfortable with it. If you are comfortable talking to someone you can't see, then ask them to quit hiding your stuff and ask them to be more helpful. They don't have to leave or quit interacting but they should interact in a more bearable way.
GHELIXOUS (1 posts)
-2
13 years ago (2011-07-01)
Recently, I lost my perfume, and upto now, I can't find it... Its so weird cause the last time that I used my perfume was the night before it was gone. I even cleaned the whole room but I can't seem to find it. Until now, still can't find it. 😢
Lilady4 (7 stories) (427 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-07-01)
Spirits have done that to me, hide very important stuff, but when I look again, it is right where I left it! At the moment, this Spirit doesn't sound violent or like it wants to be violent. I don't think that you could've taken your shirt off by yourself, unless you do things in your sleep. Do you sleepwalk?, or does your family say that they've noticed you doing anything in your sleep that you aren't concisously (can't spell) aware of?
Love & Light, Rachel ❤
otteer (8 stories) (398 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-06-30)
Hi

Hate it when stuff disappears! Used to happen to me all the time, dosnt much any more. Suggest you keep vital keys in a location outside your home (copies) incase you need them one day and they are gone lol!
Maestro has a good idea about the log. May give some ideas about the idenity of you visitor. Dosnt sound harmful to me, just annoying. Like bacchaegrl says, most likely wants his presence known so acknowledge it outloud and tell it to stop messing with you! I had to do this recently and the activity stopped. For now.

Good luck and thanks for sharing ❤
Maestro (3 posts)
-3
13 years ago (2011-06-30)
They 'thing' that does these things could be a spirit of some sort. HE/She is probably in the hose because he has attachments to it in one way of another. And since the spirit is wondering in this universe it makes it a ghost. I suggest you keep a close watch to the things it does by writing a log. However by writing this log if it sees it, it may try to hide it from you which means it doesn't want you to continue so just keep a close watch, and try and figure out what it wants by the things it does. My own thought on this is that it might want to annoy, scare, or even want you to leave. I say this because of the things you say it does. But find out for yourself.
I also mean try following it and see what it does, but do it cautiously. And one question has it ever appeared whilst your whole family is together? If it hasn't, it probably wants to remain discrete
Hope it helps
bacchaegrl (506 posts)
+4
13 years ago (2011-06-30)
I really don't think a 'bus of any kind is involved. It sounds more playful if you ask me. As far as the clothes coming off, you may be doing that yourself, in your sleep. But for the rest of the activity, it sounds pretty harmless. Unless the key hiding makes you late. I, too, hope it doesn't become violent. But if it hasn't so far, maybe it just wants to make its presence known.
reymarkvil (10 posts)
-3
13 years ago (2011-06-30)
hi good day to you, I just want to ask one thing, before you move in did the house receive a blessing from the church first? I mean holy blessing?
About what you said that you find your clothes off when you wake up, please try to search about succubus and incubus, I hope it could help.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: