You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ghost Hunting :: Sandbridge Cemetery Trip

Real Ghost Stories

Sandbridge Cemetery Trip

 

This submission is the first ghost investigation trip me & a group of my friends did the latter part of last year. We are still trying to get the group up & running, but we most definitely want to go on many more trips.

Aug 20, 2010 - Sandbridge Cemetery (Unknown name)

Time = roughly 1 am to 2 am

Team = J, F, Fr, Je, me and Ja (not real names)

Location = cemetery off Sandbridge Road in Virginia Beach, VA

This location is on a public Street, with houses around. Take caution, even at the late hour, there was a lot of traffic on this road/location. There are a few street lamps, porch lights seen through the trees and the dinner's billboard sign.

There was a fresh grave, near the entrance. Two people attempted to take photos - one camera crashed, but the picture that was recorded is odd. It does not show the grave directly, but is colored red and has some abnormality in the center. Another person's attempt produced a black picture.

Sandbridge Cemetery Trip 2

Sandbridge Cemetery Trip 3

A small gray or black cat was spotted on a gravestone. This animal was actually first spotted before entering the graveyard as we shinned our flashlights across the street into the cemetery. Its eyes reflected brightly. Inside the graveyard it was again spotted, even as we moved closer to it, it never ran away and continued to watch us as we moved around the place. Every person recorded this cat watching us.

Several pictures showed random orbs in one location near a magnolia tree. There was a series of photos, from (3) different cameras, that are believed to show the same bright orb. The orb isn't in the exact location in each photo, but in very close proximity in each picture. The area was the site of a fenced in set of graves, the largest is an old Free Mason grave, dating from the 1830's.

Later on, in this location, two pictures were taken that appear to have a misty form in them. The first picture, the figure appears to be crouched over and facing away from the camera (in front of the fence, between the gravestone and the tree). In the direct next picture, the figure appears to turn toward the camera and is seen with what looks like a hood. It looks like it is staring at the camera directly. (I will upload these when I can)

Sandbridge Cemetery Trip 1

In that same picture, there also is a face seen in the branches of the tree (upper right corner of picture, over the orange porch light).

Another set of pictures (same camera) taken shows (2) gravestones, nothing originally showed up. Later as the pictures were gone over more carefully, a strange light anomaly appeared. The first picture is a shot over the graveyard. The very next picture, also in the same location, shows (2) gravestones lit up with a strange orange light, that also seems to affect the stone in front of them. No explanation of where this light came from was found.

Several people felt things; from a heaviness, a pressure on the chest, a radiating fear coming from a certain section as well as two people felt as they were touched. One of the people reported having her arm grabbed near where we would later find both the orbs and the apparent figure. Several people also spotted shadows moving around, darting between the tombstones. There was one personal story that involved a group member, but that's her event to tell, not mine.

Both videos taken yielded no information.

A 27 minute voice recording was taken, but nothing has been found.

A return trip has been considered.

All in all, it was an interesting first attempt at our ghost investigation group.

Other hauntings by lazria

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Virginia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, lazria, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

TruthInDarkness (4 stories) (259 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-22)
Looking carefully at the first 2 pix, I won't deny a possibility of matrixing for the apparent crouched figure. However, I'm inclined to think that she actually did capture something there. If I had the original images and was able to play with the "levels" and such in Photoshop, I could probably give a more definitive answer (opinion).
Lilady4 (7 stories) (427 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-18)
Interesting story here, lazria. I would love to do a paranormal/ghost hunt. It would be very interesting to try that. There are haunted places in NZ that I would love to do an investigation. But, NZ is kind of reserved and so is my Husband 😆.
Good footage, and would love to see the rest of your footage.
Love & Light, Rachel ❤
lazria (9 stories) (82 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-18)
[at] moravian: we were caution and clam, everyone in the group had been explained to that there was to be no horse play, no joking around, no touching or disturbing anything in the place. That we were the guests in their home and needed behave as such. We spent roughly 1 hour there then left. Everyone was on their best behavior and understood that nobody should mess around and annoy the departed. Trust me, I expected to have to cut the trip short, but everyone minded their manners and acted professionaly. If I or anyone else had "picked up" on a GET OUT vibe, we would have left. We weren't a group of rouwdy teenagers, hell bent on causing trouble and messing around. We were respectful and reserved, we didn't want to disturb anything or anyone, just see if we could find any proof that something other than us was there.
moravian (1 stories) (171 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-15)
if I had relatives in that graveyard, I would be upset that people are ghosthunting there. Cemetaries need to be respected as off limits to ghosthunters.
lazria (9 stories) (82 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-14)
Yeah, mister or missy kitty probably had nothing strange going on, but I stuck out in enough people's mind that it warrented notice. At to lights reflecting, possible but the graveyard was dark, most lights were seen through trees or not bright enough to see with. At one time I also considered matrixing, but once I saw it (and I didn't at first, thus wondered about the matrix) it stuck out like a sore thumb... And I hate to say it, I go the "woah" shivers when ever I find something that hits... True, for lack of description.

I've driven past in the day time and checked, the headstone that is tallest is not in the frame of that picture. Other futher back stones are taller, but they shouldn't have shown like that - other stones should have been visible if they caught the lights reflection. Honestly I don't know what to make of them.

I try to take the sciencific approach to things, I want proof or a debunk. But it's fun to go "hunting".
aiafaith1 (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-14)
Woah! You captured some good stuff! In your first two pictures you can clearly see a figure standing, kind of hunched over! Wow! This is amazing. Thank you for sharing your pictures with us!

AF1 ❤
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-13)
OMG that picture that is circled is amazing! I see a human form turned away from you! Good capture! Yes the orb is a good pic too. It is credible that you got the same one, in about the same location on three different cameras. Good job!
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-13)
I wish I could see the pictures a little larger. Is it possible that a street sign was reflected by the cameras? That has happened to me in the past. I am not saying there was not any feeling or acrtion on your hunt; just we should debunk actions or occurances that may have other sound logical reasons for them.

God Bless!
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-13)
nice story realy enjoy reading about a new group starting out.

Now the cat is like miracles said so used to seeing people was not bothered by your group just interested (as much as cats can be that is!) and to be honest a graveyard is a place mice, rats and other small rodent will be found ~ a cat's fav place to
"dine out"! Gross but worth thinking about.

Now the pics, have you been back in the day time?
The "figure" could just be a headstone and the face in the tree, matrixing. Your mind is making the picture show some thing that is not there but a pattern is.

Sorry if I sound like I'm putting the pics down but a ghost hunting group should double check just in case.
Carl
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
13 years ago (2011-07-13)
lazria - maybe this cat is so used to humans that it doesn't frighten easily. Cats are curious and amazing creatures. I've had over 30 in the last 20 years. I currently have 1 that I "affectionately" refer to as the Demon Cat From Hell 😆.

So unless this cat vanished before your eyes, I wouldn't place much credit on the cat. He probably wanders the cemetery grounds every night.
winx717 (2 stories) (31 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-13)
Great account of your investigation! I have studied your pics for some time now, and I don't mean to offend, but I feel like the first two are matrixing. I agree with DARKNESS though - I don't usually think anything of orbs other than "dust" or "bug" but you may have something here. It is strange for something to stick around the same area.

I look forward to reading more of your experiences. I hope you will all go back and see what else you can find! Thank you for sharing:)
sarahmariacecilia (3 stories) (105 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-13)
Ah I see it now! That is pretty dang awesome, props to you for capturing those photos. Keep us updated on any other investigations you do! 😁
lazria (9 stories) (82 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-13)
Oh, by the way - the Orb photos happened first, it was just before a member got "grabbed" that the 1st & 2nd photos where taken. In fact she was in the same location as the "thing" was standing.
lazria (9 stories) (82 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-13)
The picture on the left, the circled area is where the image was spotted looking away, the one on the right is where it turned toward the camera. Its hard to see on these images, the org photos are much higher res. Nobody even spotted the image until we put it on the monitor and there it was. I looks like someboy wearing a hood, hunched over. I don't know the max resolution the site can handle, but I do have the ORG pictures.
As to the cat, not sure: it was spotted outside first, then inside again. We drew close but it never ran away. Could be nothing, just a cat wondering why a bunch of silly humans are running around in the dark. But it never moved, ran or made any noise; just sat there and watched our movements.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-13)
Good point with the cat thing Miracles, I was thinking that aswell! Lazria well done on carrying out your investigation seems as though you were well prepared, I'm not sure with the first 2 pictures but the 3rd with the orb I normally don't put to much in to orbs but having 3 differant cameras capturing around the same time and area this could be considered a good capture. Well done.

Thanks for sharing.

Dan
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-12)
lazria - I just have a question. What part did the cat play in this?
sarahmariacecilia (3 stories) (105 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-12)
I'm confused with the 1st and second photo. The second is of the mist, right? I can see that. Are you sure it couldn't have been any kind of shadow, or was there no lighting at all besides your cameras? The 3rd one, I'm not sure how to decipher an orb from a flash of light, but if those are orbs that's pretty neat. 😁 Good job on thoroughly investigating this place (EVPS, video, and photos). Cheers!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: