You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Ghost Girl Following Me?

Real Ghost Stories

Ghost Girl Following Me?

 

When I was a about the age of 8 or 9 my family would go visit my granddad, who is now passed on, at his house. Everytime we would visit me and my sister would share a room, she'd always fall asleep first and I'd stay up until about 2 or 3 in the morning.

One time late at night I heard a girl giggle and looked over at my sister's bed and found her snoring like a bear. So I got out of my bed and opened the door and heard the giggle again. So my adventurous nature took me further into the hallway where I saw a girl about my age just standing there holding my granddad's teddy bear. She giggled once more and ran away down the hall and into the bathroom. I followed as fast as I could and found the bathroom empty. I got freaked out so I went to the stairs (my sister and I slept upstairs) and felt small hands on my back push me. I heard the girl laugh this time as I fell down the stairs. I only fell down about 4 or 5 stairs when I caught myself. I looked up and saw the girl again laughing at my pain. I blinked and she was gone.

Soon after my family moved, a lot. And everytime we moved so did the ghost girl. Every night I would hear her giggle in my room and I'd always cut the lamp on to see if she was really there and would find the room empty. One morning I even found the name "Abby" written on my leg when I was changing. When I turned 15 I looked up my granddad's address and found out a little girl and her mother were murded in the room me and my sister slept in. I never learned their last name but the little girl died at the age of 8 and was named Abigail. The story on the house spooked me so I did an e.v.p session like they do on ghost hunting shows. It was quiet for a couple of minutes on the recorder until I heard what sounded like "Please not mommy..." I was freaked out because this was the first time I'd heard a full sentance from the girl. What freaked me out most is "Abby" (what I stated calling her after that morning with my leg) always giggled and had never seemed sad like the recording.

Since my 17th birthday the ghost has left me alone and I haven't had any further attacks. I'd like help on why she followed me across the country and wouldn't leave me alone. I hope I didn't bore you, and thanks for reading.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Pennsylvania

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, maxymum, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

maxymum (1 stories) (1 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-05)
Thank you all so much on the comments and the reasons that she might've follwed me. They're good theories and I'm happy you shared it.

-Maxymum
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-04)
maxymum,
I have to agree with JustCurious on why this little girl is attracted to you. You're like a lighthouse in a storm to her because you can see her. It staves off the loneliness.
I do find it sad that she hadn't crossed over in all those years. Hopefully, that's the reason she no longer comes around, maybe she she finally did cross?

Jav ❤
Dan_Paranormal (1 stories) (74 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-03)
Sometimes spirits are attracted to certain energies emitted by certain individuals it sort of attracts them and in some cases attaches them to someone. Also there's little denying that some people are more spiritually sensitive/aware than others which can magnetise spiritual energy. This would effectively pull them/draw them towards you.

There are many reports of people being spiritually infested, it's not just something that happens in various places. Likewise when this started you was at a very similar age to this spirit in question. You was 8/9, if this is the girl in the research you did then she was 8 as well. Leading to a point where she could possibly feel that she could relate to you more easily than anyone else that she had contact with. Maybe this could help to explain why she stopped when you turned seventeen. She felt she couldn't identify with you as much anymore and so moved on.

Couple this with a need she could have and that could explain at least in my eyes why she got so attached to you. There is a possibility she kept following you because she felt you could help her in some ways. We can't forget that spirits are human in origin, human needs are not limited to requirements to live such as food or water. She could get lonely or maybe needed you in another way. This could explain her behaviour as trying to get your attention like with the writing of Abbey on your leg, she gave you her name, a something to go on or somewhere to start. Persistence in her behaviour showed you the way towards who it could possibly be.

Please note that what I've wrote here is all theoretical and in fact if one variable of this ever changed (E.g if she ever came back) my theory could probably be disproved. Also this is just my opinion a lot of people would probably disagree with me as there are many explanations for this kind of thing, some even being non-paranormal in nature. Put all that aside though and I hope my comment may give you a little closure or explanation. You handled the situation well judging from the information you gave.
Juniper (2 stories) (37 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-03)
I think she just wanted you to know her history maybe, and that's why you don't see/hear her any longer because you found that out.
wolfgirl1998 (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-02)
Maybe she likes being with you. You should try to make friends next time you see her.
lynrinth (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-02)
Whatever the reason the little girl followed you, just be thankful nothing else bad like the time she pushed you. And...she's gone for good. Hopefully.
Madyrina (68 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-02)
Great story... I have to agree with JustCurious that she probably followed you because you were able to precieve her. Maybe she was always giggling becuase she was just happy to have you see her? She could have pushed you to get your attention or was playing? I've seen little kids push each other down and then laugh at each other's pain before, so while that may have been creepy, she just may have not known any better. Maybe she left because you just got too old to "play" with.
Thanks for sharing your story! 😊
JustCurious (2 stories) (434 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-07-01)
There could be a couple reasons why she decided to follow you as you moved. However there is one that I am most aware of that could be the reason why.

When ghosts realize that someone can see/hear them, they tend to become attracted to that person cause not everyone can see/hear them.

Think of it this way. If you live in an area for so long, and no one is paying attention to you, what would you do the minute someone paid attention to you?

Its pretty much along the same lines for spirits/ghosts in some cases. Atleast in my opinion.

Peace
JustCurious

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: