You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Is There A Female Spirit In My House?

Real Ghost Stories

Is There A Female Spirit In My House?

 

About 1-2 years ago we moved from our beautiful farmhouse to a small house in a small South Dakota town. I don't know if I really experienced anything before then when me and my younger brother had our bedrooms, bathroom, and television/computer room upstairs. At night I would hear something like footsteps coming up the stairs and then it seemed to walk into our bathroom then the footsteps would stop. I thought maybe it was just my imagination until my brother started telling me the same thing.

Well onto the story. When we moved into this house I didn't like it from the start. When I was in it the first week I felt like someone was watching me, I don't know how to explain it. It's just like someone was standing behind you watching you. I was always kind of afraid of being in my basement in this house. I have always liked basements and thought they were kind of interesting places to play at but this one, I would walk down the stairs and feel immediatly afraid and run back up the stairs.

Well on one night I had a couple of my friends over and we were sleeping in the basement because my friends thought it would be more fun. About 3 in the morning we were watching some show on Disney Channel and all of a sudden we heard a loud slap sound. We all looked and come to find my blue and leopard print flip flop was laying right next to my one friend. I swear on my life that I had taken them off upstairs, we even went to go see if one of my family members had done it to scare us. My mom's boyfriend was sleeping in his bed, my mom had fallen asleep on the couch, and my brother was sprawled out snoring on the floor. I know he didn't do it because I had asked him and he looked at me funny and thought we were just imagining things.

But we did check and my other flip flop was upstairs right were I had taken it off.

Probably about a month ago I had just finished cleaning the house for my mom and was working on my room when I looked in the hallway. I saw a small blonde girl probably around 8-9? I, for some reason, wasn't afraid and I started following her. I don't know why I did I just started following her. From what it looked she went into my mom and her boyfriend's room and I looked in the bathroom, laundry room, and their bedroom but she disappered. At first I was like ok that's weird and went back into my room, then I started thinking ok that's not normal. I don't have any sisters, and the only people here were me and my brother and he has dirty blonde hair and her hair was light blonde and his hair is short so it couldn't be him.

The latest thing that has happened was, I was sitting on the computer in my mom and her boyfriend's room about 2 days ago playing on facebook. All of a sudden it felt like somebody had blown air into my ear, it felt almost like a stronge wind had gone through my ear but it wasn't windy out and my house was actually quite warm. I don't know how to explain it but I don't know I don't think anybody has ever died in this house considering it looks like a new house.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Dakota

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Kitt3nKat, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

robertar (223 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-04)
Many people report that inhuman spirits will pretend to be small children or relatives to be let into your home/life. I'm not sure how to determine when a spirit is lying.
Lilady4 (7 stories) (427 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-02)
I agree with JustCurious on this one, The land that the House is built on could be haunted. I would suggest researching the House, the Land it's built on, and perhaps even the Area in which the House is located.
Love & Light, Rachel ❤
DogLover6232 (1 stories) (14 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-02)
Just because no one died in your house, doesn't mean they didn't LIVE there. The little girl might have died outside of your house, and once lived their, and just wants to check in. Ghosts can get lonley to you know. So, she may just want to play. She might be the one blowing in your ear, watching you. I know what you mean by the spirits watching you. They watch me always. Well, good luck.
❤,
DogLover6232
Madyrina (68 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-02)
So far it seems to just want your attention. That's a good thing, hopefully it just wants to interact with you in a non-evasive or un-harmful way.

Are you the first residences in the house? If not you can look up previous owners at the court house in your county (info is free but copies cost) or County Assessor's office, or you can see if your county has a property records section on their web-site. All three will have records of previous owners of the house as well as on the property from before the house was built. Hope that helps.
JustCurious (2 stories) (434 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-01)
Well, its not always the house that will be haunted. The land can be haunted to.

There are areas that could help you with finding out if anything happened that could cause a haunting. Maybe the local library, etc.

Peace
JustCurious

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: