You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: I Think There's A Demon Following Me

Real Ghost Stories

I Think There's A Demon Following Me

 

My name is Tara and I would just like to start off by saying that what I'm about to tell you happened about 2-3 weeks ago.

I was watching TV in my bedroom with my fiance and I started to feel like I was being watched. I was very cold and I felt the excess need to close my bedroom door which was about half way open. So right when I touched the handle of the door to close it I saw a shadow figure standing not two feet away from me. I blinked and it was gone, but it seemed to leave behind a strange smell, like burning plastic.

I was more confused than afraid, but nonetheless I felt like hiding under my covers. I told my fiance about what I'd seen and he said I was probably just imagining it. So we went to sleep.

The next thing that happened was that same night. I woke up around two in the morning after having a nightmare and couldn't fall back asleep when all of a sudden I felt a weird pressure on my chest. I could barely breathe and I started to get really scared. At first I thought maybe it was just a dream or sleep paralysis, but then it spread throughout my whole body and the weight seemed to double. I remember not being able to breathe and praying to the Goddess to make it stop. (I have been a Wiccan since I was born. It's passed through the family.) Finally, after what seemed like hours of pain and praying, it disappeared, but slowly, as if my thoughts hadn't done anything and it was just bored. I remember right after the pressure was gone I opened my eyes and saw black mist floating above me, and then it dissolved and I felt freezing cold.

I've been staying with my mother since that incident, but things have only gotten worse. Just last night I was getting ready for bed and was about to turn my lamp off when I felt my wrists get pinned against my pillow, but not by hands. It felt like some kind of force was holding them down, and it made my wrists hurt and feel icy and cold. I heard a really deep, rough, inhuman voice right in my ear say "You are going to die." Then everything was gone but I felt extremely sick. I threw up six times that night.

Right now it is three in the morning and I am freezing cold while typing this. I feel like someone is standing behind me and watching me but everytime I turn around there is nothing there. Right now I can see my bedroom door from where I'm sitting and I can just barely see a pitch black shadow standing there, not moving, but everytime I look I feel uneasy. The chandelier in my kitchen keeps swinging slightly and a few hours earlier I was watching TV and my kitchen cupboards swung open hard. I was too afraid to get up. A couple seconds later they closed slowly and softly.

I am so scared right now, I don't know what to do. I feel like I'm being followed and like this demon thing is having fun. But my first experience happened when I was about nine years old.

I was cleaning my room and had just stuffed a pair of shoes in my closet and when I turned around I felt a very startling burst of fear and cold, and I saw a black shadow slowly come at me, as if it were going to kill me, but it vanished into the wall behind me. After that I felt sick and weak for a few hours. I also found my shoes ripped up like claws had scratched them and they were sitting perfectly on top of my dresser. No one had come in my room except my mother and father and I know they wouldn't have ripped up the shoes or put them on the dresser because I was in my room the whole time. I did not have a cat at the time or any pets that could have done that, let alone fished them out of my closet.

Ever since that I've felt like something is attached to me, like clinging to my very soul, and on some days I'll feel sick for no reason. As I am typing this sentence I can see a tall black shadow standing at the end of my hallway watching me and I feel the strongest, worst feeling of dread. I feel like I'm not wanted here.

Also, last year I went on a road trip with my two good friends and fiance. It was a long drive and by the time it got dark my fiance and one friend had fallen asleep. I glanced out my window, just an easy glance, involuntarily, and I saw the most demonic, frightening thing. It was for only a split second. A pitch black demon face was looking at me through my window. It's eyes were empty and black, bottomless, and it didn't have a nose or mouth. It seemed to be giving off a weird black steam. It made a terrifying howl/scream sound and then vanished, but I still felt petrified and even got my friend to drive the rest of the way.

I need help, am I being haunted? Or am I just crazy? Comments are appreciated... Thanks for listening.

Other hauntings by DevilishSia

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, DevilishSia, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

GRAVE (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-23)
I know exactly what your going through! I cried when I read your story because I couldn't believe this was happening to you as well. Don't show fear and be afraid that gives it strenght! I prayed for you and don't worry one day things will get better just have faith and read your bible. Psalms 91 I'm a 25 year old guy lives in usa and I would just love to have a good nights rest. I would love to sleep peaceful for once. Just a little. This thing doesn't want me to rest! Everytime I close my eyes it makes so much noise. I don't fear it! Its just really annoying. When I don't get enough rest it ruins my entire day! I will continue to pray for you and please for me as well. Be strong
jeffosirius (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-23)
have you seen the film 'the entity' its old but a similar story to yours.
Anyway this is just my opinion ok based on my life events.
I think you should challenge your demon, but don't touch it, next time you see it say "you demon are not welcome here or anywhere near me you are uninvited to my home so please leave (turn your back on it) (and remain strong) (even pray to god for protection) give it a minute..."

After a few days you should see and feel results.

Your lucky I've a legion to fight
polterguy973 (8 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-14)
I find this posting very interesting, and also very disturbing, for you and your partner an child,

I could give you my direct opinion but feel it would open up a whole load of unessesary debait and comment,

There is one comment that sticks in my mind though about love being a very powerfull force in our lives,

I think it is a mistake to confuse spirits an demons, spirits are the departed souls of humans, demons are entities that have never been human, there purppose in life is simply to detroy an inflict as much pain an suffering as possible,

I would again advise that you seek help from someone who is credited well documented an respected in dealing with this kind of diturbance, use your internet to look for an organisaition that studies this kind of phenomina they may at least be able to point you in the right direction,

Good luck and I hope this advise is leads to you resolveing this matter.

😊
Deadgirl (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-15)
In all the things I've read about people being followed by demons (Or being possesed), they always smell burning plastic... I have been doing research on demons, paranormal, withcraft, etc etc, and I smelt burning plastic before, but only around my friend. Then I spent the night with her and she was possesed by a demon. My friend's father's mother knew what to do and she helped use. Now my best friend carries a bottle of holy water with her were ever she goes. She keeps telling me to do the same, or find a cruixfix. I tell her that I will fine and that nothing with happen to me...
ghostscary (9 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-08)
woooow! What is your email? I would love to hear more about these happenings
DevilishSia (3 stories) (13 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-07)
Thanks Rook I'll try what you said! 😆 You're definitely a lot more helpful than stickman.

Love,
Sia ❤
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-06)
Thanks rook, I never thought of it that way, but it does make sense.
I'll try with the storms... Maybe a dance. Not Native American, more of just my own style, I'm pretty good at that. 😉

Jav

~~I'm not complaining about the rain, I revelling in it. It hasn't rained here since March, until last Friday of course. 😁
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-06)
Jav,

No, Thank you for the chance to help... (there I go again being humble...😉). Those storms can provide a lot of energy... So my suggestion is to put it to good use, as soon as the storms allow go head and do what you want to do.

If the storms have helped you with the fires please feel free to send them this way, we sure could use them.

Respectfully,

Rook
johntravis28 (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-06)
Stickman

People come on this site genuinly looking for help! You are giving advice in areas that you clearly don't understand and putting people in danger. The fact you say in your profile that you want a Ouija board shows how clueless you are. As rook said, PLEASE think before you type!

DevilishSia, again sorry that you had a bad experience based on advice gotten here. Rook has offered helpful advice.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-06)
DevilishSia,
I am only here to echo what rook has already said and to say that there are many other members on this site that can tell you how sincere he is. He has helped many of us here, and although he may be humble about it, I am here to tell you that his methods are tried and true. I've read a positive response or two from other members that have used his methods and I am in the process of using it myself (I'm only on day 1, which I must repeat because of the storms). I trust him, as do many here.
One thing that bothers me are the comments telling you to confront this thing. I have given advice like that myself in the past, with one caveat... The person you give that advice to has to have a certain type of personality to pull it off. They must already have an "attitude" about them that says they can carry themselves in a certain manner. This is not a reflection on you in any way. It's sort of how some people can step into the ring and box with another person who is just as determined to win as that person is. The difference being, those people are the ones who know how to take a punch, not let it phase them, and get right back into the fight knowing it will probably get worse before it gets better.
Just be who you are and choose the method (s) you feel comfortable with. In that comfort you'll find faith, faith in what you have chosen is the most important ingredient of all. Trust your gut, it won't steer you wrong. Don't be afraid to choose, you will know what feels right, do it in measured steps, just like anything else that's new to you, you grow more comfortable with practice.
Sorry this was such a long post, I hope I didn't bore you.

Jav 😊

[at] rook, thanks buddy. 😊
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-07-06)
DevilishSia,

I'm sorry that something like that has happened from advice given on this site, and on that note I'd like to address the person who gave it...

Stickman,

I have looked on your profile, I see that you are 13... 13 years old, my O' my so much experience. Would you please take a moment or two, think about what you are about to type... Consider your suggestions and the possible outcomes and then research your idea before you 'open mouth and insert foot'. I do not mean to sound harsh, but I'm 43 years old... 44 this month...I've been studying or involved with the 'paranormal' for many, many years and my suggestions and offers of aid are based on my Experiences and Religious Belief's (past and present).

And now back to our regularly scheduled Program...

DevilishSia,

Sorry about that, felt it was needed. There are many other suggestions that have been given that are not so directly confrontational and should bring about better results than the one you tried. Again I'm sorry that your confrontation with this entity went badly for you. Please keep us updated.

Respectfully,

Rook
DevilishSia (3 stories) (13 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-06)
stickman1122,

I'm sorry but I don't want ANY advice from you anymore unless it involves staying away from this thing. I did what you said. I was taking a shower and when I got out all the lights shut off and I saw a black figure standing in the doorway. Even though I was TERRIFIED I was screamed at it and jumped at it but when I tried my hands went THROUGH it's body... And I was knocked down to the floor. It felt like all the energy in my body was being drained and I saw it jumped right down at me and literally socked me in the face... It hurt really badly and I've felt sick ever since that.

Love,
Sia ❤
Michiko_Da_Dante-Owner (2 stories) (22 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-07-05)
O_O This thing sounds really, really dangerous. I suggest blessings from your local priest or some leader of your religious choice, and salt. Lots of salt. And, if your into that type of thing, holy water. EVERYwhere. Start carrying tokens that make you feel safe (such as a cross or a rock or something) around with you, and if you see it, DO NOT try to confront it. That would probably be the most dangerous thing to do in this case. If you do magic, do protection spells around yourself and anyone you think that it might try to hurt, and try to stay safe. Overall, just try to avoid it as much as you can. I really don't suggest taking this thing on yourself, you might get hurt very badly.

Good luck,
Michi~
honsolo26 (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-05)
If this thing is what I think it is,DON'T ATTACK IT.
It would rip your abdomen out with out thinking twice.
But I've been wrong before. (It might be a physical living demon type thing)
TruthInDarkness (4 stories) (259 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-05)
Rook - gotta love religion and society. Might does not equal right. Personally, here in The States anyway, I think we're consistently being dumbed down. I think that the goal is to make most people sheep who will simply follow the herd; amused (literal translation: a=without muse=thought). I am a libertarian centrist who leans slightly to the left. Thus, I am for individual freedom and against a big, authoritarian government.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-07-05)
I think Rook and many others here had some excellent advice. I think the key word here is faith. I understand that you were born and raised Wiccan, but do YOU actually believe in it? If you don't, then some of the advice given here might not work for you. Rook's cleansing plan works for any religion, regardless of whether or not you are Christian, Pagan, Quaker, Baker, or Candlestick-maker. Go into it with a positive outlook. Do not predisposition yourself to failure. Most importantly, do not fear. Fear gives wayward spirits power over you, and you do not want that. Many spirits, good or bad, were once people and you can treat them as such. If a bad person were to walk into your house uninvited, would you sit back in a corner in fear and beg them to leave? Heck no! You would walk over, grab them by the collar, show them to the door and hit them in the behind with it! I think you know what to do from here.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+6
13 years ago (2011-07-05)
DevilishSia,

It sounds as if a negative entity has 'attached' itself to you, and may have done so when you were 9 years old... What an entity of this nature will do is 'feed' off of negative things in your life... This of course means effecting you at the times when you are feeling happy and 'protected' and changing those feelings into nervous fear and negative thoughts. (By feed I mean re-charge it's own 'energies')

You mention you are Wiccan, what you do not mention is how 'active' you are? Coming from a Family of Wiccan's does not necessarily mean you 'practice', so I'm going to ask... Do you practice?

I'm going to copy (cut and paste) some advice I posted on another experience... This may help you, but it's detailed...

"Recipe for a Home Cleansing/Shielding... (allow for two or 3 days to complete)

Day one: Open all curtains window and doors with screens installed, let fresh air and sunshine into the home. Have all closets, cabinets and other 'dark spaces' open so that as much natural light as possible can enter those spaces. After 2-3 hours take a broom and 'sweep' out each room (this is symbolic and you do not have to really sweep) focus your thoughts on sweeping (pushing) out all negative energies / entities /thoughts. Close home up after completing each room of your home... Please do not forget your garage if you have one. (Optional) Light incense (sandalwood or Dragons-blood works well for me) and let aroma fill the home, and/or play a tape that contains your favorite Church songs before you begin sweeping.

Day two (or three): Once again open all curtains, windows and doors. Take a White candle (Optional) to the center most point of the home, sit on the floor and place candle in front of you. Light the candle (visualize a white ball of light) and then focus on the flame... Visualize the flame (white light) filled with positive thoughts, energy. (Say a prayer at this time if you so desire... Ask for cleansing positive energy to fill the candles flame/white light). Hold this 'image' in your mind and then visualize the flame (light) slowly expanding outward, visualize it filling the room your in, every corner and 'dark space'. Continue to visualize it expanding...it's outer edges pushing away (burning away) any and all negative energies/entities out and away from each room in your home. Once you have visualized this flame (light) filling your entire home, picture it expanding to your property lines. Hold this image in your mind for a few moments then visualize 'anchoring' this flame (light) where you are sitting which is the center most point of your home. Once you have done this. Take a deep breath, relax a few moments and then blow out the candle. (If you didn't use a candle just let yourself relax a moment or two.) "

Now you can create a shield for yourself using the 'home shield' technique but instead of focusing on your home visualize the 'flame' simply surrounding you instead of your home... Best time to do this is after a nice shower using a rosemary scented soap (rosemary is good for purification and protection.)

Now I feel the need to reply to something another poster made a comment on...

TruthinDarkness,

You said, and I'll quote... "From the dozens of stories I've read on this site, it seems that Wiccans are more sensitive to this sort of activity and more tormented by it than many non-Wiccans. I don't know why this seems to be the case."

Organized Religions (Christian Based) seem, for the most part, to teach their members that once an individual has passed away...that's it... The spirit moves on and can not return. So many, many people have been taught to see with 'blinders'...so to speak. Then you have those who just 'don't believe' in the spirit world and of course so many people have 'turned off' their 'third eye' because 'society' says 'Your Crazy' if you report a paranormal experience. Just look at how many stories on this site start off... 'I'm so glad I found a place where people won't think I'm crazy...' or something to that effect...

I hope this may help you to at least better understand what may be happening to you and if you chose to use any of the techniques presented please keep us updated.

Respectfully,

Rook

This comment from stickman1122 is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

Loganz_sis (1 stories) (150 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-05)
It is very easy to think it is a demon, and even easier to assume it has been following you all through your life and the reson for everything.

What is hard is to consider it can be something else, it can be something that may have a explanation. How about you start with noting down every incident with time and date and keep this for a few weeks, this will give us the pattern of things. Secondly you need to talk to someone, maybe your family as it is easier to fall deep into these notions by yourself, it is better to have someone who will talk to you and bring positivity.

Look for JimD on here he is a demon expert and may be able to help you.
DevilishSia (3 stories) (13 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-04)
Last night I saw it standing by my bed again, same seven feet. And by crazy I mean, am I seeing things?

Love,
Sia ❤
TruthInDarkness (4 stories) (259 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-04)
From the dozens of stories I've read on this site, it seems that Wiccans are more sensitive to this sort of activity and more tormented by it than many non-Wiccans. I don't know why this seems to be the case. It's just an observation. I'm not suggesting that you become "religious". I've renounced religion. I think that people like Jon Anderson (of Yes) have the right idea. We are children of light. We can use this "light" (positive energy) in life and some of us reunite with it in death. Some of us choose not to. Some get lost. And some, perhaps, just like to stick around.

I'd probably ask rookdygin (do a search on this site) for help. He's more experienced than I am, but doesn't necessarily share the same belief.

This comment from robertar is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

missdanielababy (7 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-04)
I'm wiccan too and have you tried a banishing/protection spell? You should really try it. Just saying from my own experience, like two years ago I was in my bathroom and everything started shaking and their was like a big black man shaped figure looking at me. I shut the door and went running down stairs. Later that night I saw orbs going in my closet. This went on for 2 weeks until I did a banishing spell. Well do a protection spell 1st then a banishing spell to stay protected. Well it seemed to go away for me hope it helps. 😆
doodledoo (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-03)
Your story is very interesting and I can relate. Every time I go to bed, I see a black figure out of the corner of my eye, on the mirror.
When I read your stories, you always encounter this spirit/demon at 3 am. Maybe there is a connection. My great-grandfather was Wiccan and he believed there was a connection. So see if he is there at 3. If he is, ask if there is a connection.


Doodledoo
DevilishSia (3 stories) (13 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-03)
Okay guys, so last night I saw it again. I did what you said. But I also put crystals around my house, crosses, etc. And I woke up around three in the morning and saw it standing right beside my bed, maybe seven feet tall. I looked up at it and told it in the name of the Goddess it needed to leave, right now, and it just stood there and stared. I fell asleep knowing it was watching me the whole night. I don't know what to do. 😨

Love,
Sia ❤
August_Black (5 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-03)
I am Wiccan, too. I believe this thing is connected to you, you should try talking to it on the astral plane or just talk face to face.
StrawtotheBerry (1 stories) (12 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-03)
I'm Wiccan, too, and to prevent things like this from happening I put charm bags in every bedroom and salt in all windows and doorways. Have you? Give it a try, and good luck!

~Carmichah
crazyface (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-03)
i know how you feel because I had an entity with me when I was little!
I was only 4 that time and I didn't know what to do I used to wake up crying and my mum said that you used to point at the dark corner of the room and say "what are you doing".
I also used to talk to the entity and sometimes I used to get attacked by it, my mumcouldnt take it so she called in someone to pray around the house and get rid of it and it worked. (if you want to know what religion I am, I'm muslim) try any prayer to get rid of the entity but if you can't get rid of it make sure you get your pictures of you, your family or friend and put it somewhere safe and get any pictures off your wall if you have any then you can start your prayers! 😁
Kamala (5 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-03)
I have seen ghost couple of times... In fact at one point one of the ghost told me I was freak. It was 4 AM. I was not scared and told myself, if I see him again I will make him my friend! It never came back! I strongly believe both good and the bad spirits share this world along with numeral animals, birds, trees & mammals. Faith in god is very important. Don't be afraid... God is with you! I am not a Christian but a Hindu. Although I don't fear entities, I listen to mantras... If you're very scared listen to kandha shasti kavacham, you'll find a lot of peace search for the video on YouTube!
calebtty (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-03)
hi um if you want it to leave your room use kosher salt and put it in every corner of your room. Try white sage and burn it. My grandma had a demon in her closet. It was like a tiny furry creature with red eyes and what she did was a big bowl of kosher salt. And it stayed out of her closet. When you use sage use it every ware in your. House and the same with the kosher salt and wear tigers eye jewlery or turqoise thows tend to word of bad energys.

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: