You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Names Being Called

Real Ghost Stories

Names Being Called

 

Back in, I don't know, 2007 or early 2008, my grandma and my two aunts were visiting. When they arrived, we were eating and talking when my mother thought that it would be a good idea to go to Rita's for some ice cream since it was a very hot day.

Well, after we got to Rita's, I accidently closed my mother's trunk while the keys were in there, so we had to call this company that comes and unlocks your car doors and everything. While waiting for them to arrive, my grandmother wanted to take a walk down the road next to Rita's where there was a little community like neighborhood.

It was very quiet and down the road were a bunch of houses. As we walked down further and further, we heard a very faint sound ahead of us that called my name (which is Angel) very slowly but loud enough for me and my grandmother to hear... Like this "Aaannnnggeeeel" lol I know that's not very helpful but whatever it was pronounced my name very slowly, so that's the way I could spell it out. Anyways, I looked at my grandmother and I said "Did you hear that?" She said yeah it sounded like someone calling your name. I couldn't tell if it were a guy or girl. We continued walking for about a minute when we decided to turn around and head back.

Later after that, my grandma told me that she had experienced something similar. In New Jersey, She said that when she was working she heard someone say her nickname out loud as if trying to get her attention. She heard someone straight out say "Monse!" My grandma said she was looking around saying what? Did someone call me? But none of her co workers had called her. My other grandmother said this happened to her twice. She said she was too walking on the street (it was the same experience, except she heard it from behind and I heard it from ahead) when she heard a faint voice from behind calling her name in the same way as mine was called. "Gllladdddyysss" My grandmother said she didn't turn around because a lady she had known told her to never turn around when she hears her name called like that. Another time she said she was shopping in Walmart when she heard someone very loudly and in a very happy tone say "HEY GLADYS" as if it was said right beside her. She said she was the only one in the isle.

My cousin said that one time she was sleeping and she heard someone whisper her name "Andrea" in a normal tone but was whispering. She said she's heard this many times.

Now, those were a few experiences of names being called out of the blue that I believe were related to the paranormal. Many people have told me that I could have heard an Angel. These stories weren't very scary, but I believe they are a very interesting collection of stories related to names being called. Thank you for reading my story and hopefully you enjoyed it.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Pennsylvania

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Dandyxoxo, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

LisaHauntedforlife (12 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-02)
(at) Dandyxoxo I had no choice but to finish the dishess. My mothere would keep me grounded to the house for months if I did not do her dishes when I came home. And yes she did not care where I was or how long I was, If I came home too early no one would be there to let me in any way. So I do my chores as I was told, and hearing ghost since the age of 4 had dulled my shock meter to oh well its some one new.
Dandyxoxo (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-22)
[at] scribbl3r
Your brave for even saying anything to whatever you heard. I would have been so scared lol... Even if I knew it was a nice spirit or something lol, Thanks for reading!
Dandyxoxo (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-22)
[at] LisaHauntedforLife
Wow, very interesting. If I was in that position I would be freaked, so I probably would have stopped doing the dishes and went to my room, closed the door, turned on the lights, and not come out until someone else was in the kitchen with me. Lol.:) Thanks for reading.
Dandyxoxo (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-22)
[at] DeviousAngel Hey, that sounds like a pretty good explanation:)
LisaHauntedforlife (12 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-05)
My name has been called several times. The first time I was about 14 years old and I was doing dishes at about 2:30 am. Some female called my name, I went upstairs to see if it was my mother. She said no she had been asleep. I returned to the kitchen and began washing again. Once again my name was called. I went up stairs again. She had not called me, at this point mom was mad. So I returned to the kitchen and finished the dishes. Whom ever was calling me was in the basement. We had ghost on all levels of the house so I stuck a knife in the door facing. When I finished the dishes I left the knife where it was and went upstairs. Other times my name was called by residents that had passed ath the nurceing home I worked at. I recognized each one. They would pass and for two weeks or so I would hear them callling me. I would look around, and look to see if any one else heard. As an adult voices don't scare me. I think they just want to say good bye.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-05)
Thank you for sharing these experiences! I think the ladies in your family have a little "extra sense" if you know what I mean. Maybe these are ancestral spirits watching over you, and just letting you know that they are there?
scribbl3r (1 stories) (19 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-02)
I've heard my name called out while I was sleeping; twice that I can clearly remember. The first time was when I was little, the second was a few years ago. The first time I just dove under my covers and tried to forget about it. More recently, I flipped on my light and shouted into the empty space, "WHAT do you want?! I am trying to sleep!" Had I been aware that you are not supposed to answer back, apparently, I probably wouldn't have responded. But, I never heard that voice again. Perhaps I frightened it away. My theory is that spirits are always trying to get our attention; sometimes they succeed when the person they are "talking" to is sensitive to their presence. If I were you, I would have shouted back just to see what happened. Then again, I'm inquisitive by nature. 😊
ItalySurrendersToPasta (3 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-07-02)
That happens to me all the time even when there is no one in the house. Lol 😁
Madyrina (68 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-02)
I used to hear my name called all the time when I was a teenager... Extremely creepy. I've also heard you shouldn't turn around or answer back when you hear your name called and you know for sure that there is no one there to call you.
JustCurious (2 stories) (434 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-07-01)
Thats a really interesting story. I've had a few moments before where I thought I heard someone call my name but it turned out no one was calling my name out.

Peace
JustCurious

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: