You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ghost Hunting :: While They Were On Vacation

Real Ghost Stories

While They Were On Vacation

 

It all started off one beautiful night. I was on my way home from cruising the mustang I just purchased when I recieved a phone call from my best friend. He sounded frightened and he is like a "macho" dude that never shows fear. Anyways, he stayed back while his girlfriend and her family went to New Mexico for their annual summer trip. While talking to him he started to tell me what had him so freaked out. He said that he was watching t.v with his dog by his side when out of no where a glass hit the wall in the kitchen. I think that's the fastest I ever drove ten miles before. When I got there I saw him outside on the front porch smoking a cigarette. So I asked him to explain a little more in depth what had happened. As he was explaining how he was just dozing off and was at the point where he could "hear" what was going on but was in a light sleep, the dog just starting barking at the front door. Baffled by why the dog would do this I entered the house only to find that nothing was there.

As the night when on things just weren't how they usually felt at the house. Its normally full of kids and there is always a sense of enjoyment, but tonight was different. We were watching t.v in the living room which is right next to the kitchen and the stairs that lead to the master bedroom. I was just starting to sleep at about 12:30am when I heard what sounded like footsteps walking down to the living room. Very loud and very clear, we both heard them. Needless to say we got freaked out. I decided to head back to my house to get my camcorder that has nightvision built in to do an investigation. So we decided to set up the camera in the kitchen facing the sink and the cupboards while we left to get some food. It didn't take long for the entity to realize we were gone but I think it knew we were trying to catch it in the act. When we came back approximately 45 minutes later we reviewed the tape. Nothing out of the ordinary happened except for this strange shadow you can see walk from the basement stairs to the doorwall and then disapear. Although the sounds were a bit creepy, we kept hearing this "click". Like it was the fridge turning on, but we debunked it being the fridge by hearing what that sounds like shortly after hearing this clicking sound a series of times. That was just night #1...it gets worse.

As day broke, tired and ready to be outta there we clean the house, and I mean CLEAN the house. To prepare what we were doing tonight we cleaned and put everything away that could be moved or make sounds. We even turned off the empty fridge and deep freezer along the the a.c. Later on that evening we returned to the house only to find that the silverware separater is out of the drawer but the silverware remained in the drawer.

So I took it upon myself to start the investigation. I started off by telling them that I was not afraid and they could touch me, talk to me, even hurt me. I didn't care, I wanted answers. Upon asking these questions I got no responses until I asked it to make a sound and a very loud BANG on the wall was enough to make me almost pee my pants.

So as the investigation went on I kept my camera rolling in the kitchen as I headed into the basement where we heard the banging come from. All I had was a digital recorder and a lighter. Scariest moment ever I think. I just set the recorder on a table that was right next to the stairs and started to just kind of talk to whatever was there. As I was talking I was interrupted by something shuffling across the floor, and then the voices. Oh man the voices... While listening to the recorder I heard a voice say the word "help". It was what's considered a Class A evp. If that wasn't strange enough while we were watching the tape that just recorded the kitchen a loud and violent bang on the floor interrupted the silence in the room, and made the dog go crazy.

Night three is where it gets very stressful. As soon as we enter the house the overall "attitude" of us changes from serious, to serioulsy scared. My friend decided to talk to the spirit by using a pen and paper and asking what do you want in big capital letters. I left the camera rolling down there that night to ensure nobody came in to screw with it. So we walked out of the house just to have a smoke and that's when it happened.

My girlfriends car doors lock on her while she is trying to open the door to get inside of it. I couldn't believe what I had just witnessed. My friend Matt almost burst into tears. So we waited quite some time to go back in but when we did it was not good news. I believe our worst fears were confirmed. I ran downstairs and quickly grabbed the camera and the digital recorder. As we watched and listened to the various sounds going on we all heard a couple very distinct noises. We heard a pen sliding around on the tile floor and shortly after you hear footsteps walk across the basement, up the stairs and across the living room where my girlfriend left her keys and then the car doors locked. She has a 2010 vehicle so she has a clicker that makes the horn go off when it locks. We left and only agreed to come back during the day.

We watched the video and listened to what had happened last night only to find out my strange occurences. While we were walking back into the house you can hear someone say "they're coming" on the digital recorder and on the camcorder. While watching the video another big bang came from the basement so we went down to look. Right underneath where we felt the bang was the first and last place we looked. We found a check from the original owners of the home. Was this them trying to tell us what happened or to dig deeper and figure something out? It was strange and it freaked us out. So we went downtown and researched a little only to find that all five families before this left after three years of owning the home. The parents all got divorced in the process of living there, including my friends girlfriends parents that Christmas. Only they had been living there for 7 years prior to that happening.

I still have all the tapes and recordings from the nights I spent there if anyone from Michigan would like to see them. So was it harmful? Not sure, but something I forgot to tell you was that the paper my friend wrote on got a response... In big, lowercase, staggard writing was the word help on the top of the page over where he had previoulsy written. I don't need help with anything just wanted to share my story cause of course they moved shortly after coming home from vacation. Thank you for reading and I hoped you enjoyed my experience.

-JAKE-

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Michigan

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, jak89, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

jak89 (1 stories) (16 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-06)
Darkness,

If you read through my comments where I talk about the other little things that happened that I should have included into some sort of history, it will tell you that other stuff did happen that they were home for. I know this family very well and the house is NEVER quiet. There is 4 kids and 3 dogs and the tvs are constantly left on all night. If there is stuff happening while they are there, it would be difficult to detect. I appreciate the input I really do and to me that's exactly what it sounds like. Thanks or reading and your opinion.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-05)
jak89: Its weird how the activity started as soon as the rest of the family left to go on vaction, so there was no previous activity ever witnessed before this event am I correct? Perhaps something was upset that his girlfriend and the rest of the family were not around? Just something to consider. I think there is more to find regarding the history of this home. Would be great see the videos etc aswell.

Thanks for sharing.

Dan
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-05)
Very exciting story! I would love to get my hands on the video and audio evidence you picked up, I just don't have the money to fly out to Michigan right now, lol. There has to be a way that you can get that stuff on there though. Did you know that most photo developing stores have a booth where you can put the memory card from your digital camera or camcorder into a machine that transports it onto a CD or DVD for you? It's not very expensive either, around $10 I think. Would be worth looking into for the curious minds. 😊
jak89 (1 stories) (16 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-04)
Thank you lovingmama27. Send me a comment or an e-mail if your serious about seeing them when you are up here. I would be more than happy to show them to you. If I don't get them posted first. My computer is kind of old and crappy that's why I have a sweet phone I type all this from. So getting a video On there has been proven to be quite difficult
lovingmama27 (1 stories) (15 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-04)
Wow! That's intense! I would love to see those videos next time I'm in Michigan! For a beginner you seem to know what you're doing!
jak89 (1 stories) (16 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-03)
Lilady4,
I left out a few things here and there just because it's the boring stuff no one really needs to hear. Like a whole day of nothing happening and my before and after walkthrough with the camcorder. I even had some weird stuff happen then too. I'll post a part 2. I have some other experiences in that very same home. I don't know if I captured everything on video from my walkthroughs but it was my first time ever doing an "investigation" before. I'm pretty much an amateur at it.
Lilady4 (7 stories) (427 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-02)
Very frightning story here, Jake. But, it seems to me that something got missing in the editing or submitting process. It just feels like there's a big chunk missing from your story.
It would be really cool if you could the videos on YouTube or something like that. This experience must have been so frightning.
Love & Light, Rachel ❤
Madyrina (68 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-02)
That would be cool if you put on youtube, make a nice break from all the obivous fake videos out there. 😊
jak89 (1 stories) (16 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-02)
Definitely not a fake. I have all evidence to back up my statements. Trying to figure out a way to post all audio and video onto computer. Might take some time as I do most of my typing and stuff from my phone like I'm doing now.
reymarkvil (10 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-02)
wow your experience really is something man. I just hope its not a fake...
jak89 (1 stories) (16 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-02)
Madyrina,

yeah I spent countless hours watching and listening. But yeah maybe I can make some copies or just edit them into a youtube video or something. There's just a lot of video
Madyrina (68 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-02)
Yikes! I don't know how you were able to stay there for so long. Truly creepy. Wish I was in Michigan so I can see those tapes though. 😨
jak89 (1 stories) (16 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-02)
Justcurious.

The tapes only reveal noises and a sort of strangeness in my cameras focus. When I was recording in the basement my camera re-focused oh I don't know once every 15 seconds for about 10 minutes straight. And the shadow on the first night was pretty crazy but I really had to slow it down to see actual detail with it. In regular play mode it looked like a sudden darkness and when you slow it down you can see an arm, torso, and head outline. CREEPY!
jak89 (1 stories) (16 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-02)
I was rushed and thanks for reminding me. I don't have much experience with investigations except for the supposed haunted places near my home. As far as past paranormal happenings. I'm glad you brought that up. My same friend used to live in that home and would call me in the middle of the night saying he could hear someone running in the hallway next to his bedroom. And also a cup filled with water slid across the bathroom sink while he was brushing his teeth. Last but not least... The smoke alarms. They would just go off for no reason. All the time. Middle of the day or early in the morning. I don't remember the name on the check but I do have that information along with my tapes and recordings. Deaths? No. Not that I could find. But I guess the ground used to be farm lands and of course fort gratiot used to be on this area I live in.
jesuis88 (1 stories) (23 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-02)
Very interesting story. You seem to have prior experience as a paranormal investigator. However, you must be excited or rushed, because I feel you are leaving out a lot of details. Has anything occurred prior to this point? If no, don't you find that strange? The check that you found, who was it made out to? In your research, was there a death at the house?

Please do elaborate. Thank you for sharing.
JustCurious (2 stories) (434 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-01)
That was an interesting story. I'm sure those videos are pretty scared, and I doubt I would have been able to return after the first night.

Peace
JustCurious

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: