You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Spirit Visit?

Real Ghost Stories

Spirit Visit?

 

This happened a few months back and it might not sound like much but it meant something to me. This past year I have been going to school for massage therapy and I had a great teacher, she has a real gift for teaching and introduced our class to a number of massage techniques as well as many different experiances. One of the techniques she introduced us to was energy work and healing touch, which I consider to be the spiritual aspects of massage. Towards the end of the year, in April, she had two presenters come in to teach our class about Reiki, which is a form of Japanese healing. I found and still do find it very interesting, but I am no expert on it. I got the basic understanding of what it is and how to do it, but there are still many things about it that I do not understand.

Now I have to jump back to about a month before the Reiki presenters came, back in March -St. Patrick's day to be exact- my dog, Bailey, died. We'd had him for eleven years and his death was somewhat unexpected -he was old and we knew he had been acting a little strange especially in the week preceeding his death and it occured to me that it could be coming but I didn't expect him to go when he did. My dad was away on a church trip for the weekend when Bailey died, so it was up to my mom and me to bury him (although my fiance did come over and help considerably). But in the past whenever a pet died it was my dad who buried them and then broke the news to my sister and I later, and that was sad but nothing like actually having to bury the pet. I don't know how my dad did it. I admire him for doing it though.

It was very hard, and later that night my mom (who had literally been right beside him in his final moments) told me about how it happened -I think she needed to release some emotions she had been holding, but it was very saddening to hear and stuck with me for a while. Going to bed the night he died was really hard for me because Bailey slept with me a lot, he would lay up against the outside of my left leg, from the middle of my thigh to my ankle. The house also felt eeriely quiet and empty for awhile after his death.

But when the Reiki presenters came to our class, the lady taught us about it and then allowed us a chance to practice on each other. To me, actually performing Reiki on my classmate was very relaxing, but when I had to lie down to have Reiki performed on me, I found it difficult to relax. Closing my eyes, at first, would give me a massive headache, so I just stared blankely at the ceiling and tried to zone out. After a few minuets I realized I had started to think about Bailey (I know that sounds werid but I did not intentionally start thinking of him). Then I became aware of a very warm and gentle pressure on the outside of my left leg, from the middle of my thigh down to my ankle. It even tingled a little. The next thing I remember after that was my classmate gently waking me up. I was really excited about the experience and couldn't wait to tell my family about it. I would love to have more experiences like that, those are the comforting experiences.

I know it may not sound like much, but it was to me. Thanks for taking the time to read! Comment if you like, I would love to hear what you think.:)

Other hauntings by luckkyme

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from North Carolina

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, luckkyme, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

vanlewie232711 (1 stories) (42 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-23)
i had a puppy pass away on 9/10/2011 that was poisened by a crazy lady whom gave her arsenic she came to me in my dreams and when I am having a bad day I can look into the clouds and see her as she was a fluffy girl. Her name was precious she was a long haired chiwawa (sic) but she was white and long haired she suffered for 4 long days as nobody would help take her to the vet, all the nieghbors were her family so yeah but needless to say after 9/11 I think GOD gave her permisson to come to me to let me know she was happy, sadly her best friend was a kitty named miss priss also passed away 1 mnth later time and day was the same as my precious. She was strangled to death by my ac chord and we had gone to the store so nobody was home to help her and I had the hardest time staying in that house after that I couldn't get away from the sadness of both my babies and not bieng there for my miss priss dang near killed me 😭 ❤
luckkyme (6 stories) (63 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-22)
Hey Geetha, sorry it took a little bit to reply, I just saw the comment yesterday. But thanks and you're right, you really don't realize how important pets are and much they are a part of your life until they are gone sadly.

When we first got Bailey, I actually was kind of annoyed by him more than anything, he was always barking or jumping or acting obnoxious -typical puppy behavior but he was the first puppy that my sister and I had been around and I always gave that dog a hard time. That was kind of my relationship with Bailey as he got older, I'd talk tough to him -kind of joking- but deep down I really loved that dog. When I told my parents about the experiance they were more surprised that I missed him as much as I did, they really did not say much about the actual experiance. So I am not sure what their thoughts were on it, to be honest.

But I guess I felt somewhat guilty because I never really appreciated Bailey as much as I should have and up until that experiance I kind of felt like he left without me being able to really show him that. So that's why it meant so much to me, it was like his way of telling me he did know.

Thanks for the comment.:)
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-15)
You don't realize what you are missing until what you have isn't there anymore. I think everyone has experienced that in some point in there lives. If you it was with Bailey and your cat. At least you had your family with you during an emotional time.

As for what you experienced. BadJuuJuu is correct in that your pets come back to comfort you and never truly leave you. It probably took you a little longer to feel him because you weren't ready to see Bailey in the emotional state you were in; the stress leave was high. During the message session, you eventually became relaxed and you were able to feel Bailey.

Just a quick question, what did your family say about this experience?

Also, sorry for your loss. It's never easy to lose someone you love.
luckkyme (6 stories) (63 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-05)
Thanks everyone:) I am at peace with it now, its just hard when they go. With every pet I am always amazed at how much I miss them until they are gone. But I know he's out of pain and in a much better place. Thanks for your thoughtful comments though, I really do appreciate them.:)
scribbl3r (1 stories) (19 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-05)
I'm so sorry to hear about your dog.: (If it helps any, my mom told me once that pets take a bit of our spirit when they die, allowing them to wait for us and even visit us again.:) Good luck Love. Here's to hoping you found some peace.
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-04)
what a sweet story, thank you for sharing.
I think it was bailey comming back to let you know he was ok and still with you, plus he knew you needed to relax and was there to help you with that
Carl
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-04)
luckkyme,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us, I'm still crying. Sorry, it's just that I've always had dogs in my life, and two of them are buried in my backyard now. So I do know how hard it is to dig that 6 foot deep hole. I recently had an experience where we thought we had lost our youngest dog Rocky and thankfully we found him the next day (through Craigs List if you can believe it). But just reading your experience brought that all back and makes me more thankful than ever for our wonderful pets. ❤

Jav
luckkyme (6 stories) (63 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-04)
That is an interesting thought, I had not considered, I suppose it could have been. Maybe it could have been a little of both? My teacher did tell us that sometimes people have emotional releases during massages so it is certainly a possibility. But it was what I needed, like you said. Thank you also, I appreciate it.:)
luckkyme (6 stories) (63 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-04)
thank you so much for your kind words. I needed to hear that, we actually had to put one of our cats down two days ago because she had kidney failure (our pets are very old.) But I really loved that little cat, and she was very attached to me. So your comment made me tear up a little. I do agree with you, and I found that experience very comforting.:)
lynrinth (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-04)
Actually, I wonder if it was just a memory, of sorts, that you were feeling? Or it could have been Bailey. It sounds like this massage could have accessed your memory, or helped you accessed it, when you couldn't get comfortable with this technique. It, I think, put you into a spiritual zone, as you said where you connected with your pet. Just one explanation. If it was Bailey, then this was the closure you needed. My condolences for your loss. But I hope this experience help put any doubts about your pet to rest. He is fine.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+2
13 years ago (2011-07-04)
I believe that the animals who shared their life with us can and will come back to let us know they are at peace. Sometimes it's through a dream, sometimes we feel them the way you felt Bailey, and occasionally we get to see them. I think they do this to bring us comfort. Our animal companions bring us love and happiness in life, and sometimes they continue to do so after they have Crossed.
I'm sorry for your loss.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: