You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Shadows And Signs

Real Ghost Stories

Shadows And Signs

 

The story I am about to tell, is far from over. I will be honest - it's the first time something like that happened to me.

Few years have already passed since my fathers death - and all seemed to be normal, with slightly weird happenings occasionally. But this year, something new has been beginning to unveil itself.

This year, I've always had this feeling I am watched, constantly. Sometimes I think I see a shadow standing where it shouldn't, but when I turn there, it's gone. Those were the simplest of happenings - the true story lies here.

It's been a month since the first sign was given to me. I had a dream, and saw a note on which was written "Pick A Card". I just happen to have a deck of cards on my table, and so I thought about it and picked a card. It was a 5 of clubs. What it means, I don't know, but I think it is somehow connected to the rest. Every since "The First Sign", as I like to call it, the activity has been increasing - varying from opening doors to strange shadows creeping on the walls and that strange presence of being watched.

Not long after that - about one week - a second sign was given. My mother came angry at me for absolutely no reason, and told me "Now it's your turn" in a creepy voice. It also felt like she did not say it. I wrote the two signs down with suspicion (too many movies probably), but I just felt like they both had a meaning. The activity began increasing even more - not only did I began seeing shadowy figures more often, but also, while walking down the stairs, I felt like I smelled sulfur and ash, but only for a second. This increasing activity led to the third sign.

I was feeling very uncomfortable sleeping in my bed one night, and so I used my telephone to occasionally light the room, to see if no shadowy figures are there. And when I lit the phone towards the wall, I saw a shadow of a head there, which vanished in seconds. I was so scared then, and next day after that tried to recreate the situation - maybe my head was placed so in the light so I could have that shadow on the wall.

It was not possible. The human head-shadow was fully misplaced.

When I wrote the sign down it was in somekind of different handwriting, unknown origin to me. When my mother saw the signs, she told me, that the last one I wrote down was EXACTLY like my father's handwriting. She took a look at it and said it was as if my father wrote it down. And so the fourth sign - father's handwriting. I began thinking, who or what was behind this - and what it is hinting at. After each sign the activity only gets more and more increased - last night, I heard a loud demonic manly shout in my room.

Then today - the door of the room right next to mine opened three times already, even though all windows are closed.

I don't know what exactly happening, or more importantly, what the signs are hinting that. But if someone has any word of wisdom that he/she can share, then please, do.

P.S. About my father, he's not been a good man. My mother had dreams of him... In the basement... All alone. So it's not him, he cannot be behind this.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, setuxas, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-19)
setuxas,
I was talking to an old high school friend of mine and I told her about your story. Like me, she believes in the paranormal but the one thing she does is tarot card reading. I asked her about the meaning of the five of clubs. My friend mentioned that in the Tarot Cards there is a five of clubs. At my request she wrote down the meaning down. I don't know if it's helpful or not:

General Meaning: This suit, most often called "Wands" and sometimes called "Rods" or "Staves," represents initiative, ambition, drive and desire. This is the suit of enterprise and risk-taking.

The Five of this suit symbolizes struggles caused by ambitious maneuvering and a competitive urge. This could be about someone who is pushing her or his agenda forward at the expense of others.

There can be a fine line between demonstrating personal excellence and making others feel like losers. It may be necessary to ask yourself, who is it that really benefits when we all fight so hard for such small rewards? Am I serving a negative, manipulative agenda when I start applying battle metaphors to business?

Even when your only motive is to be the best you can be, to get recognition for what is fine and unique about you, it is still sensible to minimize the number of egos bruised in the process, lest your success be celebrated alone.

Keep us posted.
setuxas (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-08)
I figured something out. I looked at the signs I wrote down, and I know something out of it now.

When I wrote down "The head-shadow above my head" I wrote it in my father's handwriting, which means it indeed was my father, watching over me. Probably protecting me from the second sign "Now it's your turn", which was probably a threat.

But now that leaves me back at point 0 - Five of Clubs. I wonder what does that mean.
setuxas (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-08)
Thanks again for all the comments - I know it is not my father. There are a few - maybe even more spirits in the house. My father is one of them, yes, but he is lost and he rarely communicates with my. Also, he is not this scary presence.

I still don't know whether this is a good spirit - but I'll find out. If it can't cross or touch the holy water I put all over my room, or cross the holy earth I put near my windows and door, then it's a demon, from a feedback of the lover's black magic.

I'll keep you posted.

Also - today another phenomena has occured - a shiny ball of light moved from under my door to the highest point of the door.

Another thing - I heard an old woman's laugh while picking the berries in my yard, it simply freaked me out.
ILee (1 stories) (91 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-07)
Trust your instincts... You know your father best. And if you say you feel like it isn't him, then it's most likely not him.

If it isn't him, which I don't believe it is either, then it's an entity imitating your father. In which case, you need to be careful. Seek guidance and may you find peace.
chunkeylumpkins (2 stories) (13 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-07)
The encounters sound freaky! But most of the time if you ignore it they will usually go away. It's worked before but I'm not really an expert in this. Just a passerby trying to help.
Raffy786 (5 posts)
-2
13 years ago (2011-07-06)
Your father is not beind this. He loved you and all in your family.
It is something else, pretending to be your father
Get the house blessed asap
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-06)
Hi setuxas, at first I didn't know what to make of what has been happening to you. Now that I read your comment about the woman your father was with, I think her dabbleing in black magic could be the cause of what you are experiencing. Do you recall this woman ever threatening you or your mother? She could have performed some ritual to keep your father away and whatever manifested as a result is now turning it's attention on you and your mother. You already had 4 signs, the dream indicated 5. I'm wondering what the 5th sign is and what will happen after it is given. I have to agree with Robertar and say something is immitating your father. I would start taking steps to shield your home and family. Do a smudging, get the house blessed, use salt to seal your windows and doors. I hope you get the help you need to be rid of whatever is bothering you soon. Keep us posted, and take care.
setuxas (1 stories) (3 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-06)
Thanks for all the comments and advices, the creepy presence still persists and the door right next to my room keeps opening for no reason.

I will shed more light on this. When he was alive, he used to occupy a high rank in military. But the stress that was put on him, weakened him and allowed a lover to come in. But that was no ordinary lover.

Me and my mother were almost sure she used dark magic to seduce my father, who at the start of the relationship with her acted like a complete stranger, but the closer to his death, the more he seemed to want to come back to us.

It could be a speculation, but the lover did try dark magics. I remember seeing crosses which were thrown into our lawn, blood-red puddles before the entrances (Doors, Gate), and we even found a rusty knife in the bathroom's air vent.

As for him doing something terrible - well, he just acted terrible, talked to terrible to us and overall, was not himself.

He wasn't a very bad person, but just when he was with that lover he became evil and strange.

Anywho, if the dark magics were indeed used and killed my father, then I know who said "Now it's your turn". I think the demons who might have killed my father are returning to haunt me.
BlackVamp76 (4 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-06)
thats quite interesting. Have you told anyone about the happenings? Well good luck with how you are dealing with it. I hope for you it will stop happening
TruthInDarkness (4 stories) (259 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-07-05)
I just re-read my post and part of your story. You indicated that YOU picked the card. That's interesting. It changes the dynamic a bit. You made a move. Yet, your mother (sort of in his voice I think) said, "Now it's your turn". Thus, logic seems to say that he made another move. Perhaps it was "under the table". I don't think he's "showing all of his cards" (i.e. Playing fairly).

That said, my questions still stand; with a minor correction. The second question should have been: Did he do something to you when he was alive? Even if the answers to these questions are "no", I think that you saw him do something while he was alive that he thinks (now that he knows; assuming he didn't know at the time) you should not have seen.

If you decide not to tell him to [at] #$% off and not to let the door hit him on the way out, ask him some "yes or no" questions that he can answer by knocking to find out what he wants. If you just want him gone, give him the Clint Eastwood line, "get off my lawn!"
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-05)
setuxas,
Well, I guess I'm another in the long line of posters who's father was a complete bastard. And I too am here to mirror their thoughts on the matter.
Bad guy in life, bad guy in death.

Jav
TruthInDarkness (4 stories) (259 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-05)
I too think it's your father. Unfortunately, my father isn't a great person either. I'll be very upset if he comes "knocking on my door" after he dies. I've had many dreams about him. 99% of which aren't anywhere near pleasant.

This is purely a guess... "five of clubs" and "now it's your turn" could be a hand in blackjack. He has the five of clubs facing up. "shadow of a head" and "father's handwriting" could be your father menacingly urging you to make your move. This might not literally be a game of blackjack. Perhaps there's some symbolism here? Did he do something to your when he was alive? Did you witness him doing something to a family member? Perhaps you were afraid to "make your move" then and now he knows it. So, he's challenging you. Just a thought.
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
+4
13 years ago (2011-07-05)
sounds to me like it's your dad. If he wasn't a good man in life he might not be now. That is my opinion though
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+4
13 years ago (2011-07-04)
You mention your father wasn't a good man? I think people have the same personality and character in death that they had in life. If he wasn't a good person then, he's not a good person now. Can you be completely sure that he isn't still hanging around the house?
Regardless of what or who is causing trouble in your home, I think you should contact your spiritual leader about a cleansing and blessing of your home. If you don't have a spiritual leader, there are things that you can do yourself to cleanse the house. It's just easier to have someone who isn't as close to the situation as you are to perform the cleansing.
Keep us updated.
robertar (223 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-07-04)
Could be something imitating your father. There's sort of a "you get what you wish for" effect. Unless you reject the intrusions, you open the door.

Sorry about your father. Mine was no help to us. I suspect God himself wants to help the fatherless. You might ask Him.
StrawtotheBerry (1 stories) (12 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-04)
I can relate to the fact that 'for every sign, the activity only gets more increased', because it's the same for me. I don't know what religion you have, but my advice is to sew a pouch and put some basil, clover, pepper and/or birch in it, or pour salt by every door way and window sill, like I did. Good luck!

~Carmichah

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: