You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: My Mother's Farewell

Real Ghost Stories

My Mother's Farewell

 

The incident happened on 24th of June, 2000. That was the day my mother died after prolonged illness. My father was quite attached to my mother and they were a very happy couple for over 36 years. My mother was hospitalised on 31.5.2000 owing to heart attack. She underwent bypass surgery after she suffered a second attack during the first week of June, 2000. After that she did not fully recover from the surgery and she was in Intensive Care Unit and we were allowed to see her for a minute or two in the evening. The hospital authorities were quite strict and only one person was allowed in a day. Hence, we generally used to send my father since he was quite attached to my mother. Some four days prior to her demise, my mother wrote in piece of paper, as she was not able to speak due to the fact that she was constantly under the support of oxygen, thanking everybody for all the help done to her during her period of hospitalisation. This did not sound ominous to any of us since the doctors were hopeful that she would pull through. We had a weird feeling that probably that it was a farewell message.

Suddenly on 23rd June, 2000, her condition worsened and doctors said that it was only a question of time before she passed away. On 24th June, 2000, she passed away at around 10. 00 a.m. The doctors informed us that we would be able to see her body and hence we went around to see the mortal remains in the Intensive Care Unit before it was taken to morgue. My uncle went first and thereafter, my father went inside. I was with him since he was quite upset over my mother's demise. Suddenly, he shuddered. He took my hand and holding it for quite a few moments. Again he shivered after a couple of minutes. This time, tears started coming from his eyes. I took him out and asked him why he suddenly shivered, not once but twice. He told me that twice he heard the voice of my mother very clearly saying "Good Bye" to him. He swears even now that it was her voice not once but twice bidding farewell to him.

I could not make anything out of it initially but because my father, such a rational person, who never believes anything about spirits or otherwise, did confirm that it was my mother's voice, I believe that she said good bye to him before departing to the other world.

Other hauntings by sds

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, sds, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-29)
Thanks you very much allesgute154. That happened about 13 years ago. Yes, Dad and Mom were very close when she was alive.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
allesgute154 (3 stories) (254 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-05-24)
So sorry about your loss. Really touched by your experience. I think your dad and mom were soulmates and that's why she came from beyond to say a final goodbye to him. May her soul RIP.
Gayatrishiva (3 stories) (121 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-12-31)
Hi sds,

Such a beautiful but sad story. I am sorry for your mother's loss. Its really wonderful to know that love never dies even death can take it away its eternal for sure.
Sceptic-Ari (2 stories) (611 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-23)
A very touching tale of a loving woman bidding adieu to the love of her life.
Nothing more to say... No more words.

Regards
vibhanim21 (14 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-05)
it happens, even when my dear ones died I could see them bid farewell.
One of the incident which I can never forget is, I didn't know that my aunt had passed away, but I remember see her with her other friends that evening of her death. Later when I reached home I got the news of her death.
Its common we see our loved ones.
nessa384 (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-26)
That was a nice story, and I believe you hope she is in peace now sorry for your loss though. Nessa ❤ ❤
rockstar-kouki (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-01)
i m very sorry about your loss... But I think your father would have been halucinating due to emotional shock...
kratosdgodofwar (4 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-18)
Really touchy story. I cried while reading. I don't believe in love but I think your mother truly loved your father from heart that's why she let him know that she is leaving.
Take care.
DragonStorm80 (1 stories) (440 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-08)
I think the sentiment and love behind this story is really very lovely, I am sorry for your loss, but I am so glad you could share with us the brighter and more beautiful side of this situation, much love to you and your family ❤ 😊
naeee (12 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-08)
such a beautiful story of love, I guess love can be to death and back ❤
ILee (1 stories) (91 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-07)
Even in death, true love remains... It's nice to know that such thing really exist and it seems like your parents were a perfect example of that.

Thanks for sharing.
Madyrina (68 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-06)
Such a lovely story about, I'm sure, a lovely woman. I hope to one day have a love like that, that transcends this earthly realm. ❤
BlackVamp76 (4 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-06)
That is so sad. I nearly got a tear in my eye reading this. Although its sad its also very beautiful. Your mother probably said good-bye twice to your father because she loved him very much. The same thing happened to my mum. Its really quite sweet. ❤
sarahmariacecilia (3 stories) (105 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-07-05)
This brought tears to my eyes just imagining this with my own parents. I am so sorry for your loss, but how beautiful that your sweet mother said a last goodbye to her loving husband even after she was gone. What beautiful love.
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-05)
this is very sad and heart warming at the same time. I just think of how my husband would react. Sniff Sniff. This one made me cry
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-05)
I am very sorry for your loss. Your parents sound like they truly had the fairytale connection, and I believe your mother loved your father enough to say goodbye to him before she moved on. Thank you for sharing this story.
johntravis28 (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-05)
That is a lovely story. It is horrific watching your mother die (as I also have). Nice that she got to say goodbye. Thanks for sharing this
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-05)
Yes. But this is the first time I have come out to tell anybody outside my family. But I thought I should share it so that real love stays even beyond death. I also feel that in order to make sure that my mother said good bye twice. I am happy even now that she had exhibited her love to my dad even after her demise. But there is another thing. She was a very devoted wife and would not do anything without informing my father, even to go out to a neighbour's house. So, even in her death, she did tell my dad before she left all of us.
Kamala (5 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-05)
This reminds me of my mother. My mother passed away on a saturday and I was at work on monday. I came to work very early that day. I was rebooting my system and at the same time crying. All of a sudden I heard someone lovingly kiss my forehead (I could feel and hear it too) When I immediately turned back, no one was there. My mum always kissed me on my head. I am an east South Indian kissing on cheeks (with an exception of toddlers) is a strict NO NO. She always kissed me on my head when she was alive. I guess that is what she did when she saw me cry!
Gizzy (3 stories) (71 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-04)
Hi sds,

What a sweet sad story. I am so sorry for your and your families loss. How nice though that your father was able to hear your mums goodbye, and as miracle said twice to make sure he heard.
I do believe that when they can relatives will come to us to try to comfort us when we are grieving and she must have known your father would be sad.
Suzie
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-04)
sds - what a sad but beautiful story. I have no doubt that your mother told your father goodbye. I believe she would have wanted to make sure he heard her and that's why she said it, not once, but twice. That way he knew it wasn't his imagination ❤ I also believe you were fortunate to have witnessed their love.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: