You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Ghostly Grand

Real Ghost Stories

Ghostly Grand

 

About 2 years ago in 2009 my best friend Jordaine used to live in a pub called the Grand Hotel; we used to frequently sleep at each others houses and many times it has felt wierd on the landing of the little flat upstairs. We had heard stories of a man being hung in room 23 but just thought it was her dad having a laugh, although my friend says she heard moans when we slept there one night though I didn't believe her.

One Saturday night Jordaine and I were taking photos in the lounge and she said "I'll take a photo of you with the two cats," so she did and when we looked at the photo it was a normal photo of me and the cats, however on a second look there was a very clear silhouette of a tall man with what looked like a dagger or knife. (To be honest I hoped to God it was a ghost!)

We ran out in to the yard of the pub and when we got there we noticed that both cats seemed to be staring at room 23 and when we looked the curtains were open and there seemed to be a lot of mess, even though it had been cleaned, it kind of looked like it had been trashed.

By this point her dad was getting a little annoyed and sent us upstairs telling us to sleep in the bedroom if we were scared of the landing. As we walked on to the landing we noticed it was much much cooler than the rest of the house and we ran in to the bedroom. Too afraid to sleep we talked and tried to laugh, but it was all fake, the happenings were rushing through our thoughts, we got so worked up that even when her dad's friend came upstairs we were terrified. She was very understanding and tried to calm us down but I think she was a little scared by it. Since then, during the nights, we have heard sounds like knocking and whispering and even seen weird stuff out of the corner of our eyes, we have also got very hot or very cold in certain patches of the building. Jordaine no longer lives there and a few weeks ago she visited and we went in the pub with her mum. We still got a little bit creeped out in the toilets.

If I remember any other strange stuff I'll keep you posted (though I'd rather forget about the whole thing: this realy freaked me out and to this day I am terrified of ghosts and think I always will be.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Robyn1996, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Robyn1996 (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-14)
my friend lived there at the time and it wasn't a room, it was the above pub flat, if uve ever been there's a red door that takes you to some stairs to get up there devious angel
X
Robyn1996 (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-16)
hahaha, I can't believe I found it tbh badjuju 😊 if I find more I'll put it on x
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-09)
That's pretty cool that you found a history of haunting there. Adds another layer of interest to your story. Glad you shared that information. 😁
Robyn1996 (1 stories) (4 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-09)
BadJuuJuu--------so I looked up the history, here is what I have found so far, The Grand Hotel also has a cellar ghost which likes - or liked - to turn the juke-box on at full volume and play the same tune even over and over - even when the power was off. Don't know what the song was. That was in the early 1990s. Whether it's still there, I don't know.
😕
Robyn1996 (1 stories) (4 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-09)
😨 Thank you for all of your comments, unfortunatly my friend moved to Leeds but I will ask her if she can track it down.

The cats belonged to my friend and she LIVED in the pub, it was here dads pub, I am unsure if the photo is on her dads phone and my friend no longer lives with him, you must remember this is quite some time ago. Thanks for reading x
JustCurious (2 stories) (434 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-07)
I'm along with the previous poster, I would love to see that picture that you mentioned. Helps add authenticity to a story (as long as the picture isn't edited), not saying the story is fake, just helps to prove the point.

Peace
JustCurious
SnoWQueeN (5 stories) (100 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-07)
That was creepy! I would like to see the photo if you have it 😊 wonder how did you both at least managed to stay calm with fake laughs, while those creepy things were running through your mind. 😨

God Bless You!
moravian (1 stories) (171 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-07)
a picture's worth a thousand words. Get that picture please.
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-06)
I must say that it would help your story a lot if you provide a copy of that photo that you've mentioned.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-06)
TruthInDarkness: Ah, thank you for clearing that up. When I went back and read I noticed that the place was CALLED the Grand Hotel, but it was a pub where people lived. That makes more sense.
TruthInDarkness (4 stories) (259 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-06)
BTW, I'm not trying to imply that all photos that capture paranormal sightings other than orbs are fake. It's just that I'm 100% certain of the authenticity of the photos that I've seen of orbs. For one thing, I have taken a few.
TruthInDarkness (4 stories) (259 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-06)
DA - The cats probably belonged to the family.

I too am highly interested in the photo. To date, I have only seen orbs in photos that I know to be authentic.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-06)
Have you looked into the history of the property? Might make for some interesting reading, and you would find out for sure about the hanging in room 23. Did you show the picture with the silhouette to your friend's father?
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-06)
Just a question, what were two cats doing in a hotel room? Did you guys bring them? Most hotels have a "no pets" policy. Also would like to see that photo 😊 It would shed some light on your story.
sarahmariacecilia (3 stories) (105 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-06)
Do you have a copy of the photo you could load onto here? I really would like to see it, sounds very creepy!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: