You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Goodbye Daddy

Real Ghost Stories

Goodbye Daddy

 

As I have mentioned in my other stories, I lost my daddy in 1987. The night that my dad died is a night that I will never forget. To anyone out there that has lost a parent knows the heartache that it brings.

That night at the hospital we (me, my sister, my mom, my uncles, aunts and grandparents) all gathered in the hallway as the nurses prepared my daddy for the mortician. My two baby sisters were left at home with another family member --my sisters were too young to be there and it was also very late and they needed their rest. The hour that my father died, neither of my baby sisters knew and we all thought best that we would tell them later that morning when they awoke. Before any of us got home, one of my baby sisters had an experience that to this day gives me the shivers.

Kelly, who was 12 at the time was woken up by someone shaken her. As she lifted her head and in a drowzy tone asked "what?"

"Kelly, sweetie?"

Kelly's eyes popped open when she realized that it was our daddy's voice.

Daddy, was bending over her and smiling.

Kelly-----"Daddy, what are you doing here? You must be feeling better for them to let you out of the hospital"

Daddy-----"No, Sweetie, I just wanted to let you know that I'm all right. I just wanted to tell you goodbye and that I love you and your sisters very much."

And with that dad turned and walk out of the room and down the hall. Confused, Kelly followed calling out to daddy to wait only to be more confused when daddy vanished into a bright light. A few seconds later mom comes the door hearing Kelly screaming and crying in the hall. When mom asked what happen - Kelly looked at her and said Daddy is dead and he came to tell me goodbye. Needless to say, Mom was taken aback by Kelly's knowledge of my father's death seeing that we hadn't yet told her or Ginger (my other baby sister) of his passing.

Another incident that left goosebumps:

Many years later, Kelly now a grown married woman and mom to a beautiful little girl, Ariel - heard her then 3 year old daughter having a deep conversation with someone. When Kelly went to go check on her daughter to see who it was that she was being so chatty with, Kelly saw no one and inquired to as who she was speaking with. "My grandaddies" replied Ariel. Kelly never mentioned our daddy to Ariel - and Our Grandaddy had passed away only a few weeks earlier and even though Ariel was the apple of her great grandfather's eye - Kelly had not yet mentioned his passing to her young daughter - fearing that she would not understand.

Kelly questioned her young daughter "what do you mean by your grandaddies?"

"My grandaddies - they are playing with me mommy" - then Ariel stopped and turned as if she were listening to instruction and then turned to Kelly as said "And they said not to worry that they are in a very good place."

Well, this was freaking Kelly out - but Kelly decided to play at her daughters game - knowing that her young daughter had not a clue to what her "grandaddies" names were - Kelly looked at her daughter and asked "Ariel, if they are here with you ask them their names." and with that Ariel turned and ask the blank wall "what is your name?" then turned to Kelly and said Erving Weir Jr. --well this amazed Kelly - but Kelly thought well she might have mentioned her great grandfather's name to her - but she was not sure - as Kelly was thinking this - she watched as her daughter turned to the same blank wall and ask the same question - turned back to her mother and said Marvin Edward Golden. Kelly quickly left her daughter's room and went to her room and started crying - because she knew without a doubt that she had never mentioned our father's FULL name to her young daughter - that there was NOWAY that Ariel could have known it.

Other hauntings by applerose

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Georgia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, applerose, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

DragonStorm80 (1 stories) (440 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-10)
Applerose~ I honestly just signed in to see what was going on and there was your reply, honestly your story did touch me, and knowing the "visitors" your niece had are your family really must be of some comfort to you!

I am SLOWLY getting through reading everyone's stories here (as you can see miracles and DARKNESS have been setting me homework and a few waggling fingers LOL) SO I may be replying again on some older stories of yours and others, but I really do look forward to hearing more of your stories, I look forward to reading the next one from you, as from what you have replied it may relate to the curiosities I have had with this one 😊

And thank you for the pre non tissue warning 😆 Thank you
applerose (13 stories) (139 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-07-10)
Miracles and Dragonstorm - ya'll can give a girl a bighead 😆-Thank you both for the comments - and what is this about journal keeping and waggling fingers 😆.
~Dragon~ - Yes, throughout the years things would happen here and there (glimpses and sounds) - and as of right now the house that my sister lives in - seems that there are two playful ghost that also reside with her (I even caught a glimpse of one of them) - but that's all I'm telling due to the fact that this is my next story~~~~ and there will be no need for tissue on this one;)

Dreamergal, Morticia, Ghostscary and Paiges: I'm so sorry for your losses.
Losing a love one is never easy, especially if they are taking from us too soon. Find comfort knowing that your loveones are watching over you.

Cosmo,Taz,Snoopy,Scibb,Darkness and Darkbunny:
- Thank you all for your comments. 😁
darkbunny209 (2 stories) (17 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-08)
Wow scary I hope it will be ok 😊 And I hope your dad rests in peace
ghostscary (9 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-08)
I would love to talk to my great grandma Claire. I miss her so much... How did you feel when this happened 😲
Morticia1 (6 stories) (162 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-08)
I love these sorts of stories because as zeta has said it affirms life doesn't end with death!

I lost my own dad 8 years ago and my mother in law passed some 15 years ago and both have felt or seen by both of us. In fact today (8/7) wouldve been my dads 85th birthday 😊
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-07-08)
I'm sorry about your dad's passing in that year I too lost my father after your He died in 1990 in april 2 in the evening after he got off from work came straight home to eat supper then got up and died of heart attack of course his spirit came to me by tap my right shoulder to let me know to say goodbye.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-07)
Hahaha I don't feel so bad now Miracles lol, the thing is I really want to get into them but time is always an issue if I could just have 2 or 3 hours at home with no distractions that would be absolutely brilliant. Lol 😆
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-07)
Darkness - if we're going to start pointing fingers, ummm...well...see, it's like this...I've been busy with drywall and painting and...and...and 😆 yeah mine are still in my drawer LOL.

So, guilty and fully accepting the wagging finger. Should have kept my mouth shut, huh? 😆
DragonStorm80 (1 stories) (440 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-07)
~takes a bow~ thank ye thank ye ~royal wave~ lol 😆

Dan you know this will result in a two wag nagging war between us lol 😆

Applerose ~ does your niece still see your father and grandfather or any other spirits since this story occurred? 😊
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-07-07)
applerose: Great to hear from you again what a heart warming story it cuts straight to the bone. 😊
Can only imagine the feeling that Kelly was receiving when her daughter mentioned and confirmed the names, what a great gift that both of them share. Thank you for posting another wonderful story 😊

Miracles yep guilty I know I know, I will make sure DragonStorm does all her homework! Or else! Lol 😆 That reminds I should get on to mine, and I'm not even going to start up about my Tarot cards! Lol.

Stace got past the 100 mark eh well done haha!
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-07)
DragonStorm - Congratulations! Hip Hip Hurray! Glad I was here for that! And I hope to be here for the next 100!
DragonStorm80 (1 stories) (440 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-07-07)
Miracles ~ you just give me the nagging list and I'll see to it he gets the appropriate nag at the appropriate times lol 😆 and woo woo just made it over the 100 posts mark! ~pops are party popper full of streamers~ go me! Lol
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
13 years ago (2011-07-07)
DragonStorm - definitely something to do when you can't sleep. And, oh yeah, most definitely something to nag Darkness about! 😆 Of course, if he has already started a journal, we will just have to come up with something else to nag him about 😉
DragonStorm80 (1 stories) (440 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-07)
Miracles ~ ~puts fingers together like mister burns~ excellent, so then he can't tell me off and I should nag him to start one for you? Lol 😆 well at least I know what to do now when I can't sleep 😊
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-07)
But, DragonStorm, Darkness isn't keeping a journal yet either, unless he just hasn't told me. Then again, I could be having a Blonde Moment 😆. I am notorious for that LOL. I know Rook does so I owe him an apology. "Sorry, Rook." But I can't remember if Darkness is in the same sinking boat as granny, cosmogal, Daz, Jav and the rest of the Loonies who aren't keeping a Journal but keep saying "I will, Miracles, I will." 😆
DragonStorm80 (1 stories) (440 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-07)
Miracles~ oh no not the waggling finger ~hides~ Well I could put my lap top to use as more than just a game and movie console in which case lol 😆 You know this means DARKNESS will be double checking this for you over here LOL! 😆 two waggling fingers at once!? How much can a girl get waggled at? Lol! 😆
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-07)
DragonStorm - if you're anything like the rest of the Loonies, except BadJuuJuu, I'd have to fail you 😆. This journal you claim no knowledge of 😆 is keeping record of your ghostly activities and you should be keeping one. Do you see me wagging my finger at you? 😆
DragonStorm80 (1 stories) (440 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-07)
zzgranny~ ~chuckles~ you think so? Lol! 😆

Miracles~ what is this journal you speak of and how do I acquire one? 😉 you're seriously giving me homework aren't you? Lol 😆
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+4
13 years ago (2011-07-07)
DragonStorm: I think we've all been in a "fragile hormonal state" the last couple of days! 😆 😆 😆
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+3
13 years ago (2011-07-07)
DragonStorm - I'll add this to my "Things to Check on DragonStorm List" right next to "Is DragonStorm keeping a journal? 😆
DragonStorm80 (1 stories) (440 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-07-07)
Miracles~ I don't know this could be a dangerous combination given my highly fragile hormonal state right now LOL 😆 But it is on my top 10 "to do" list for this site ~pencils it in~ 😊 ❤
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-07)
DragonStorm - if you haven't had a chance to read the rest of applerose's stories, pick up a box of tissues and start reading. She's got some great stories. They always make me cry, but they're the good kind of tears.
DragonStorm80 (1 stories) (440 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-07)
Oh my goodness! This is such a lovely story! 😭 How sweet of your father and grand father to come back and play with the little one and reassure your sister that everything was okay with them.

Really touching and well written, thank you ❤
scribbl3r (1 stories) (19 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-07)
Awww that was such a good story. 😳 Makes me feel warm and fuzzy knowing our relatives are able to come back and reassure us of their happiness.
snoopy2010 (4 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-07)
hi applerose brought back some memory's for me. Great story hope to read some more soon
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-07)
oh applerose, every time you post I end up 😭
Such a sweet touching story, thank you so much for sharing this with us. ❤
Hope you do get some more on before the end of summer vacation but no preasure
Carl
Going straight to my favs❤
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-07)
applerose, your stories get me every time. I am sitting at my desk fighting back tears. This is such a beautiful story and yet so sad. It's amazing how your younger sister and now niece have had such direct contact with your father. Going in my fav's ❤
PaigesMomma (1 stories) (4 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-07)
Brilliantly written story. I lost my brother in a car accident a few years back and it still brings me to tears everytime I think about it. ❤
applerose (13 stories) (139 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-06)
Thank you all for your comments - I too have missed being on here - but sometimes "Life" can take up so much of our time - LOL.

Miracles, my friend - glad to be back -I have so many more stories to share - its finding the time to submit - I only have a few weeks of summer vacation left - so I'll try to get more stories out before then 😊

Granny: -I fail to mention that Kelly and Mom kept that night to themselves - it would be years after that happen before Kelly told me and it was only after my experiences that she felt she could share with me.

BadJuuJuu - Thank you I have missed ya'll too

Moravian and Halo123: Losing a parent is a pain that is like no other - in my opinion the only thing worst than losing a parent would be losing a child and I hope and pray that I never have to experience that pain - I mention this due to the fact I just lost my niece from a previous marriage a few weeks back - she was 24 - her mother and I have been friends since the 7th grade - then we became sister-in-laws -and even after my divorce from her husband's brother - we never lost our friendship - losing Crystal was like losing my own child - I was there was that sweet little girl came into this world - her death hit too close to home.

Zetafornow: I'm so sorry for your losses - I will keep you in my prayers.
I have yet to read your story - I will read it here very soon.

To the rest of my friends - Again, thank you for the comments ❤
againsarahan (34 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-06)
That is such a lovely story. Please pass the Kleenex this way now.

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: