You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Who Was Up Ahead?

Real Ghost Stories

Who Was Up Ahead?

 

This happened ten years ago, when I was a teenager, but I can remember it very clearly.

I was walking to meet my friend Peter at his house and for some reason I was feeling a little uneasy (at this age I rarely went out alone, because we used to live in quite a rough part of town). As I got to the halfway point of my journey - my former primary school, I saw Peter waiting for me at the gates up ahead. The gate were at the top of a hill and it was a very bright day with the sun over the hill and Peter was slightly silhouetted, but he is easily recognisable, owing to the fact he was 6'6" even aged 14 and he was wearing a cap I often saw him in! He also seemed to be wearing a white top and black joggers. I broke into a jog when I saw him and as I looked left to cross a small road, I looked up again to see he had disappeared.

I assumed he had run off down the hill as a joke so I called out 'Oi Peter!' then went faster. (I used to be a very fast runner back in the day) Bearing in mind I was only about 30 seconds away from him when he disappeared, I thought it was odd when I got to the gates on top of the hill - he was nowhere to be seen. I carried on running down the path to the end of the road where I had a clear view over some grass to the estate where he lives - if he was up ahead, I would have seen him as the grassy area faced another road, and yet more grass, before you come to his estate so there was nowhere for him to hide or run to.

Confused, I made way to his house, fully prepared to have a go at him when I saw him. He opened the door in a white top, dark joggers and a cap, like the person I'd seen. I asked him why he ran off and he did not know what I was talking about! I believed him and plus, he didn't seem out of breath at all, just relaxed. If he has sprinted that fast, he would have been exhausted.

Who was it? My mum suggested it was a doppelgänger or that he was subconsciously there to protect me as I was anxious when out walking alone.

Other hauntings by ladycastlemaine

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ladycastlemaine, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

JustCurious (2 stories) (434 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-07-10)
I have a feeling it may have been an Astral Projection probably. He could have dozed off and sent his spirit there to watch over you and that's why he was relaxed and not out of breath when you got to his place.

Thats just my two cents. Not sure if that's what it was but that's just a possibility I thought of.

Peace
JustCurious
AshyVikernes (1 stories) (32 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-09)
May be his subconscious or thought form. When someone thinks about you deeply or worries about you their subconscious or thought form can go to you. It happened to me and my lover as well. Or basically what HappySpirit said a "spirit of the living."
HappySpirit (187 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-09)
That's exactly my take on what the apparition you saw was - a doppelganger, or "spirit of the living." Good story.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: