You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: My Auntie And Uncle's Experience

Real Ghost Stories

My Auntie And Uncle's Experience

 

This is my first story and all these experiences are true and happened to my Auntie and Uncle. This happened when they were young children (about 10 or 11.)

My Grannys house used to be near a field which if you went through led to a river and if you followed the trail it led to a graveyard.

So anyway my Auntie and Uncle were playing near the river and my Auntie looked to the other side and she saw a black figure about 7ft tall and it was completely black. My Auntie screamed at my Uncle who also saw the figure and they started to run towards the graveyard and the figure started to follow them! It crossed over the river and it sped up really fast, By this time my Uncle climbed over the small barbed wire fence and my Auntie was only starting to climb it and she screamed for my Uncle to help her but he ran on and left her.

My Auntie then looked behind her and saw the figure coming a few yards away and quickly hustled over the fence and was entering the graveyard.

As she caught up with my Uncle they both looked behind them and the being was gone. As they were hurrying home they were running past the Caretakers shed and it started shaking! There was a erie screaming noise, and the door had scratch marks covering it and they looked like they were done recently although they weren't there the day before!. So both my Auntie and Uncle ran straight home with out stopping for a breath. The next day they were at the grave yard with my Granny and Granda and the shed wasn't there, and there also was no trace of the being near the river and there should of been because it was very muddy at the area it was seen!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ireland

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, moon_star, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-11)
[at] Devious Angel- Barbed wire fences are easily bypassed if you're familiar with and respect them. Just like any other fence you can climb over them without getting cut.
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-11)
Okay, that's very nice, but WHERE in Ireland? Which closest Township did it occur in nearby? What area did it occur? Which county? What's the name of the river?
moon_star (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-11)
DeviousAngel it was a small barbed wire fence (like a farm fence) and it was during the day and BadJuuJuu the cemetery was still in use and it still is today as my Granda died a few years ago and is burried there. 😕
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-11)
Just out of curiosity, how in the heck did they climb over a barbed wire fence? That would have done some serious damage to their skin and clothes.

So were they playing at the river during the daytime or at night? Some of this story leaves me feeling confused and uncertain. The part about the shack shaking, I don't know... That seems like something fear might have made them hallucinate, but I was not there so I guess I cannot say.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-09)
Interesting and creepy tale. Quick question on the cemetery. Was it still in use, or had it been years since anyone was buried there? Just wondering because the shed being torn down makes me think the cemetery was no longer in use, and scaring the bejeezus out of a couple of kids may have been an attempt by someone from the cemetery to keep the graves from being forgotten. I suppose it's better to be remembered, even for something scary, than to be forgotten altogether.
I wonder if you have any personal experiences to share? I kind of hope so because stories from Ireland always catch my attention. Probably because I want to go to Ireland so badly. 😊
Thanks for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: