You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Figure Of My Imagination?

Real Ghost Stories

Figure Of My Imagination?

 

The story I'm about to tell you is something I saw about 5 or 6 years ago now, but am still unsure if what I saw was real or not. Read on and figure out for yourself.

My dad, my sister and I regularly visit my nan who lives in an elderly people's residence that we all love as it's surrounded by woodland. When my sister and I were younger we loved visiting as we loved exploring the forests together.

One scorching hot summer day while my dad and Nan were inside chatting away, my sister and I wanted to go and enjoy the warm weather, so we went and played outside in the small front garden she had.

Me and my sister were just laughing about having a good time, when at one point for some unknown reason I looked behind me to the direction of my Nan's front door. As I did my vision froze on this spot. There stood a dark shadowed figure looking at me through the insect blind. (I'm not sure what you call it, but what I mean is the thing you put up to prevent insects getting into your house.)

I couldn't make out any features that the figure had other than it didn't move one bit. It can't have been my dad or Nan, as I could hear them chatting away loudly to one another and before me and my sister left the house they were sitting down in the living area talking. Also, it can't have been a visitor as I never saw anyone else enter the house and my Nan never told us about anyone coming over.

To this day I have no idea what I saw that day. Was it a shadow? A ghost? Or was it actually my dad or nan in the end? I don't know. However, it was very hot that day so it could've all been a figure of my imagination. Still, no matter what happens I never forget what I saw.

Other hauntings by ChasingDownTheDawn

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ChasingDownTheDawn, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

a1222222 (1 stories) (12 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-18)
Believe what you think it is mate! Take care & hope you fgure out what it was. Sounds like there was a visitor.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+3
13 years ago (2011-07-16)
ChasingDownTheDawn - just something else for you to consider. Insect screens can cause matrixing, which is basically when you see an image in something else. Like when people take pictures and see a face in a mirror, for instance, or see faces in trees cemeteries.

I have experienced this with screens many times at home and at work. The ones in my office at work always make me think it's raining. But I've "seen" people when looking through the ones at home. It takes a few minutes but then I realize there's nothing there. Although it is startling, I admit😉

It would depend upon the lighting, shadows, etc. In the home but it might be possible that the screen "created" a shadow person that day.

Just a possibility 😉
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-11)
Window Screen, in the U.S. They're usually referred to as: Window Screen, Insect Screen, or a Bug Screen.

If it had been a figment of your imagination it wouldn't have just stayed there when you were staring at it and blinking.

Http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shadow_people
tanamc (1 stories) (2 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-10)
If it's an elderly persons residence, then other people have lived in that house before your nan? If so, then that shadow may as well have been one of the tennents before her, who may have died there. Ask the staff next time about whose lived there and what may have happened. (:!
JustCurious (2 stories) (434 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-07-10)
I wouldn't say it was a figure of your imagination, It was probably a shadow person checking to see what you were up to. Has anyone else in your family that was at the place that day seen or experienced anything there?

Peace
JustCurious
SwanVince (4 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-09)
Seems simliar to mine. I once woke up to find a dark figure looking at me. I stared at it for about 30 sec. And then it disappeared. I see almost every full moon. After I it happens I usually don't sleep well or eat well until the night I see it again.
naeee (12 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-09)
hey ChasingDownTheDawn, was the house very old? Try doing some research, you might find something interesting about the house or even the location it was built upon!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: