You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: My Week Of Ghostly Night Visits

Real Ghost Stories

My Week Of Ghostly Night Visits

 

Around 2 years ago, my friend Lauren and her family moved into an old house in our town. It has been around for over 100 years and is extremely large with a carriage house in the backyard. Now as soon as my friend moved in, I knew something wasn't quite right about it. About a year after they had stayed there, Lauren told me that when she was home alone at night, if she passed her basement there was what appeared to be a maid that would glow in the dark and ask her for help. Of course, this did not increase the little amount of safety which I felt in her house.

In May of this year, my parents went to Hawaii for a week and I'm deathly afraid of planes, so Lauren's parents let me stay with them. Lauren and I stayed in her sun room, a completely white room with one wall having windows facing into another room which was under renovation at the time. We shared one bed which was in the corner of the room with a rocking chair beside it. Now, my entire life I have been exposed to the supernatural. The first house which I lived in, a barn had an old farmer which haunted it. The house which I lived in after this was also haunted by a man who my family believed was the old mayor of our town. My parents have also been exposed and fully believe in the afterlife. Anyways, the first night I stayed there was alright but still scary. It was around 5 in the morning when I felt a small weight on my feet, now because my friend has 2 cats, I didn't think much of it, that is until I went down to pet the cat and nothing was there. I remember being only slightly afraid.

On night 2 it was around 3 in the morning when all of a sudden the bed shook. The rest of the house and room were still, so it could not have been an earthquake. I was scared and shocked at this, but I just lay still. After about 2 minutes, it shook again, and it did so for around 10 minutes. I woke up Lauren and told her what had happened, yet she just went back to sleep thinking nothing of it. I didn't go back to sleep that night.

The next night was particularly scary. At approximately 12 all of the lights were off and Lauren was fast asleep. I was having trouble going to sleep so I looked around the room at the various things in it. In the corner of the room, near the end of the bed was a little girl. I was frozen as she studied me with her completely black eyes. I was never so afraid. I ducked my head under the sheets and forced myself to sleep. At about 4 in the same night, I woke up to loud noises. Lauren was sitting upright and looking into the other room with pure terror in her eyes. I looked into the room to see all of the renovation tools being tossed everywhere and a blackbird flying around the room. All of a sudden, the tools dropped to the floor and the bird flew into our room where it disappeared into the air. We both clung to each other until morning.

After a few nights nothing happened, but the last night I was there was the scariest for myself. It was about 5 in the morning, just before sunrise when I woke up and heard screaming from her backyard. Lauren and I were frozen with terror. The screaming was almost childlike, but also like an animal. It was not making out words, just spitting out shrieks of horror. This went on for 10 minutes. Half way through this I got so curious that I went to the window to see what it was, yet in the spot where the noise was coming from there was nothing. I looked out at the entire yard, yet nothing was there. I went back to our bed and once again never went back to sleep. We asked her family the next morning if anyone had heard it, yet nobody had heard it. When my parents got home that night and I told them what had happened and they believed me but thought nothing of it really.

That one week at Lauren's was the most paranormal activity I have ever experienced, and since then only a few things have happened at her house, such as doors opening when they're not supposed to and lights flickering on and off.

I have shared this story to ask if maybe other people have a friend who has a haunted house and what I can do about it. Thank you for reading my story.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, PDJ9109, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

TIGERKING (2 stories) (60 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-10-10)
here's my view. When you are open to these things there's only one thing you can do. You need to learn a spiritual practice that isn't a sham-practice. There are more sham practices than genuine ones, yet there are true paths out there for us all to recieve the teachings from. The one that I put my faith in is called FALUN DAFA, or FALUN GONG which means FALUN (law wheel) DAFA- (great universal law) or GONG-cultivated energy). This practice is free and does not charge people to learn, which is how a genuine practice should be. It is not a religeon, rather a self improvement, cultivation of mind and body, practice.

So what I am saying is there is no off switch. You must learn to protect yourself and accept that you are special. Also, be careful what you tell people. Most people, if they believe or not, are very ignorant to this type of thing and will think you are being stupid.

Remember, it is a blessing. Not a curse.
TruthInDarkness (4 stories) (259 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-25)
To my knowledge, someone please correct me if I'm wrong, you don't have to believe in spirits and such for them to make their presence known if that is what they wish to do. Especially if it is an evil or particularly mischievous spirit.

As far as doing something about them, there are some options:

1) Have Lauren (since she lives there) ask them to leave.

2) Have Lauren tell them that they can stay as long as the follow a few ground rules.

3) Have Lauren talk to them and find out what they want. They might simply want to be acknowledge and if she says, "hello" to them when they make their presence known, they might stop. Or their actions might be quite subdued in which a simple "hello" when that occurs would keep them that way.
PDJ9109 (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-24)
Well, I am very contradicted with my view of the other world. I am unbelievably afraid of spirits, yet I am so interested in them. I don't think I have the courage to actually attempt to speak to the spirits in her home, but thank you all for your advice.
molly116 (9 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-19)
ps I agree with you on the fear if planes, ii start shaking when I get on one and when I'm about to go on trip I'm very happy then I become dethly scared and any bump or anything scars me 😉
molly116 (9 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-19)
take notice of them and try to help them, I once hd an enconter like that, if you notice them and talk to them and try to help they might go away

Sorces:
I had that happen
DragonStorm80 (1 stories) (440 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-18)
goddie123~ That's great advice, talking to them and giving them recognition is all they really want for the most part 😊
goddie123 (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-18)
my house is haunted, doors open and close and things move, what I do is talk to it I usally don't get anwsers but wierd things happen. Such as whispers,shodows,wimpering,and loud noises. All I would do is let it run it's corse, when it sees it can't scare you they will stop. 😭
PDJ9109 (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-14)
The shaking was not too violent and only happened for maybe 2-3 seconds at a time. I understand the noise could have been an animal, but it almost sounded as if it was coming from right outside our window which we were on the second floor. The family has no clue about the history of the house other than the fact that they had maids and horses.

In my experience, spirits can fully sense if a person believes in them or not. Her family truly doesn't believe in the afterworld and only my friend has every experienced any activity within the house.

Thank you all for commenting.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-13)
I think they knew you were open to this stuff and knew you would be able to perceive them it doesn't seem harmful at all, as bacchaegrl said, seemed like they wanted to be noticed and wanted attention.
I am curious as to know who they were and there history, does Laura know any of this? I have a feeling that her parents do know something is going on within there home but do not want acknowledge it, could this be possible. Thank you for sharing.

Dan
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-13)
The noise outside could have been caused by an animal. The animal could have been somewhere else and the noise bounced and made it appear to be coming from the yard.

Now about the bed. I am a very heavy sleeper. My husbabnd can vaccum the room, turn on the light, and rummage through our closets and I won't wake up. I don't wake up to three alarms and I don't wake up when my cats sit on me. However, if my bed shakes for more than two minutes I will wake up. If your friend was asleep and you were able to wake her up then she should have felt the bed moving too. Did you ask her about it? Why she didn't feel it? Or was she just used to it happening? I don't know how your friend could sleep through that it doesn't make sense.
PDJ9109 (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-12)
Well I'm not sure that's the case, because my friends family truly don't believe in the supernatural (my friend does though) and they have never experienced any activity which I believe is due to the fact the spirits know it wouldn't do anything. I asked my mom a few days ago why the spirits acted up when I was there, and she said it was most likely because I believe in the other realm and they wanted to get my attention. I'm not sure, but I stayed there for another week a few days ago and nothing happened then. Very strange. Thank you for commenting bacchaegrl
bacchaegrl (506 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-12)
So the activity is only really bad when you are there? Then I would stay out of that house! Seriously, if it has died down, I wouldn't put too much thought into it. It could have been something looking for a little attention. And it certainly got it. For the screaming, I wouldn't blame it all on the paranormal just yet. Animals can make some pretty weird noises sometimes. It may have just been something you never heard before. I'm sorry to say, but maybe the house just didn't like you there. Didn't like a new person in the house. Maybe the spirit grew accustomed to your ffriend's family, and a new person there just upset the balance of energy.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: