You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Crying Indian Women

Real Ghost Stories

The Crying Indian Women

 

I have already stated in pervious posts that there is a spirit in the house where I work. I am an in-home caregiver for an 85 year old widow her husband died in 08 IN the house and it is believed his spirit is still there). Anyways, I was told by an old co-worker (who did night shifts, but she no longer works there) that she believes there are 2 spirits in the house Richard (her husband who died) and a women Indian spirit. But I have never felt a woman's spirit in the house, just a man's...

Her house is like one huge hallway and with a bunch of rooms attached to it. It is like a huge maze. One room leads to another and then another and another... Her and her husband built it in the early 60's... But her house was built on a piece of property where Indians lived- She has little Indian artefacts all over her garden that they found as they were building on the property... I never really believed my old co-worker because I never felt any other spirits besides her husbands. Usually when there is more than 1 spirit in the house I know...

One afternoon I was cleaning up the kitchen after dinner while the women I care for was watching the news (I can see her chair and TV from the kitchen) and all of the sudden I hear a women SOBBING and very loudly! At first I thought it was the TV so I turned and looked to see what was going on and it wasn't coming from the TV. So I ran over to the women I care for and said "What's wrong?!" and she looked at me with a confused face and said "Shut up I'm watching the news!" (Ha-ha that's just how she is) and I can still hear a women sobbing! I asked her "Do you hear the crying?" and she said "No. Shhh!" It wasn't just your average crying, this was sobbing! Like someone died tragically. But I was so confused because it was so loud and she didn't hear it (she is not hard of hearing either) so I went down the hall and tried to trace it, but I couldn't find it! It sounded like it was coming from everywhere! All around me. I even went outside and listened and it wasn't coming from outside for sure... I was almost to her bedroom and it was getting louder and wasn't stopping (I started feeling really sad all of the sudden; like her sadness was rubbing off on me- I also pick up emotions, but I usually can control this) and I said "Hello? What is wrong?" and it stopped. Went totally silent! I heard the women I care for say "Who are you talking to?" All together the crying lasted about 5 minutes. It was so loud! I have had lots of encounters with the spirit of her husband in the house but never anything like this and from a women!

It's been about 3 weeks since this happened and I have not heard this voice again... I am still wondering if it is that Indian women my co-worker was talking about...

Thanks for reading! Leave me lots of comments and tell me what you think!

Other hauntings by Jeanine_dv

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Jeanine_dv, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Lilady4 (7 stories) (427 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-20)
Wow, what a story! I wonder what the Indian Woman was crying about? The story made me feel sad as well. I can pick up on emotions as well. It is really interesting to note that people who believe in Spirits, have a more open-mind, and are more sensitive to Spiritual activity, while others, who only believe in Angels, Demons, and God, have a more closed mind to Spirit.
Love & Light, Rachel ❤
Jeanine_dv (6 stories) (21 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-18)
Oh sorry lol. I am a bad speller and bad with grammar. I always find myself saying or spelling something wrong lol. It's a curse! 😳
raggedwolf (1 stories) (20 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-17)
Nice story. But, your use of the words 'woman' and 'women' confuses the story somewhat.
Jeanine_dv (6 stories) (21 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-15)
Something interesting happened today at work that I wanted to share... The women I care for and I where watching the Tyra Show and they where talking about people who have issues sleeping. She looked at me and said "you know sometimes I can feel Richard's (her husband that passed) spirit come into the room and that is when I am able to sleep the best." I said "What do you mean?" and she said "Well honey sometimes I can feel his presents with me and its like he is right there with me so I am able to get a good rest." I was speachless! So I am now wondering if she actually does know his spirit is still in the house...
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-14)
I liked this story, haha I have a feeling that the woman you care for actually could hear the sobbing but doesn't want to acknowledge the spirits perhaps. To go on for 5 minutes is very rare and to hear it that loud aswell you were very lucky to have experienced this.

Thanks for sharing.

Dan
moravian (1 stories) (171 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-13)
i had this happen ib an old 1820 inn located in upstate new york where a woman would be seen or heard sobbing. The intensity of the emotion is like pure focused sadness. You remember it.
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-13)
bacchaegrl,
I think that some people are more in tune with the spiritual world and the spirits tend to know that also. So I think the spirit in question knew and contact with the author.

Also, I think KimSouthO is right. Many spirits need only the acknowledgement and that's why she hasn't returned.
Jeanine_dv (6 stories) (21 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-13)
After her husband who died in 08 contacted me (the women I care for still has no idea I have had contact with her husband) I asked about what she believes when it comes to the spiritual world and she flat out told me she does not believe in spirits other than angels.
And there may be a connection between the artifacts in the garden and the spirit... And no I have not heard anything sinse. If I hear her again I may try to communicate with it if I feel led to...
Little_dandelion (2 stories) (16 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-12)
Has the woman you care for ever mentioned seeing or hearing anything strange? If she has perhaps you could convince her to find a way to honor the artifacts instead of scattering them in the garden. Have you experienced anything with the crying since this occurance?
bacchaegrl (506 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-12)
How odd that some people can hear and see ghosts while others, in the very same moment cannot. You said you are more sensitive, so maybe that is the case. I'm trying not to sound stupid when I say this; but could the activity have something to do with the artifacts scattered about the garden? You have already probably come to that conclusion. I would cry too if things that were dear to me were scattered in some strangers garden. Could be a connection there.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-12)
I am sure it is possible that this is the very woman your co-worker warned you about. Perhaps she needs someone to acknowledge her so she can move on. I would try to talk with hre to see why she is so sad and see if talking to her won't help her move on to the next plane.

God Bless!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: