You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Knocking At Early Morning

Real Ghost Stories

Knocking At Early Morning

 

It's been almost ten years since this happened to me. I was young back then, just a little fledgling; gullible and easily deceived. My older sister took advantage of that, and one night, in my mother's room, she told us a story. I didn't know why, but I was able to remember every word she uttered. It was about 8 in the evening then, when she told us that late at night, when we don't go to sleep, you'll see the curtains flowing and fluttering about. From there, an old lady will speak. "Let me in, let me in." I was so freaked out; I immediately tried to go to sleep.

Early morning I woke up abruptly. I knew from then that it was still too early, much too early. I was known to be the earliest riser of our family and before I was kind of proud of that, but that night, I regretted it. I lay awake on the mattress on the floor. Back then, when my father was working abroad, my mother made us all sleep in her room. When I woke up, I found out that I was facing my older sister and what a relief that was because a few moments later, I heard knocking on the window.

I found myself frozen from fear. I clenched my fists slowly and tried to regulate my breathing, the knocking was getting louder and louder. Then... It stopped... I almost sighed in relief when a voice spoke. "Neng, papasukin mo ako. Neng, neng, papasukin mo ako." (Kid, let me in. Kid, kid, let me in.) As she said this, she knocked continuously while I stared wide-eyed at my older sister's face. The knocking didn't stop and her voice kept on asking me to let her in. I wanted to cry but I knew that it'll only urge her on.

I didn't know for how long I laid there, frozen stiff from the fear, but when I heard the first clucking of the chickens outside, she stopped. I knew from then, that finally, it was morning, and I could only breathe shakily, as I tried to steel my frazzled nerves. I wanted to cry then, but I found myself unable to do so, because the only things ringing in my head were her voice, and the endless knocking throughout the early morning. What's creepier was that her voice was of an old woman, and that the window was behind me. She knew I was awake, even though I was facing away from the window.

Since that night, I never slept on that same mattress and demanded I sleep at another room and never in my mother's room again. What bothers me until now is why any of my other siblings didn't or my mother woke up when she made those noises? Why was I the only one awake? And why did she know I was awake when I didn't move an inch from the bed? Ten years have passed and until now I bring the memory of that first and last night she haunted me.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, amethyst_ice, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

majarlika012 (12 stories) (122 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-10-28)
How young were you back then? Coz it seems to me, if you were really young, and you were told such story, you might brought it in your dreams. You think you're already awake but it's still a dream. You were really scared when your sister told you the story. So by the morning, you thought you're hearing things but in reality, it's just in your head. I don't know. I maybe be wrong though. What I am sure of is young kids have this strong imagination that whatever their mind perceives, they think that is reality.

You may ask your sister too. If there's really such old woman knocking and pleading to let her in, then your sister kight really experienced it beforehand.
stories22 (1 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-10)
ask your sister. I think, she knows something. Its not just a story to scare you. Maybe...
jeanda69 (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-25)
it sounds creepy knowing that an old lady would knock on the window asking to let her in.,

On the second thought,

Maybe your sister played tricks on you,, you mentioned that you are known to be an earlier riser., maybe she just wanted to scare you., (just my thought).,

Did you tell them what happened that morning.,

Godbless and tc,
suicideangel (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-22)
Does this means that your sister already experienced it? I mean the story she told you is exactly similar to the one you have experienced by yourself...
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-21)
Let me In... I remember that sentence from that movie of the little girl told the boy let me in... Anyway Sorry that you have horrbile experience of the old lady outside of the window at your mother's bedroom knocking at the window tell you to let her in...
DragonStorm80 (1 stories) (440 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-20)
Have you spoken to your sister about the story she told you since this event took place?

And has anything like this ever happened to you since this happened?
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-19)
tough to comment without knowing what exactly your sister knew...
champion (3 stories) (172 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-07-19)
possible sleep paraylsis and the fact that it happened the way your sister told it that same night? Did your sister ever tell you why she told that story to begin with? Maybe your sister knows more than she is telling? Ask her

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: