You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Forgotten Devilish Experience

Real Ghost Stories

Forgotten Devilish Experience

 

Sorry for the length of this story, I am telling my very first story on this site and am used to being very detailed so it may take a while to get to the good part of the story. So again please bear with me until the end of the story and feel free to comment and give some advice on the subject. It will be much appreciated.

I grew up in a somewhat bad neighborhood when I was a child. I had heard whispers and rumors about how the town houses that I lived in were built on top of an abandoned Indian cemetary. I thought this was all made up and didn't pay much attention to it since I hadn't experienced anything really paranormal at all. Only things that were sort of paranormal may have just come from my imagination since I have always been a scaredy cat ever since I could remember. My house did make strange noises at night but mainly because it was old and the whole upstairs floor made noise whenever someone would take a step. We also had a few people who rented out some of the rooms in the house for several years and were friends to us. They would get up at random times at night and walk around so whenever I heard a strange noise I assumed it was them.

Anyway, I lived relatively close to my cousin (who happened to also be my best friend at the time). I was young, maybe 5 years or younger? I'm 17 now. This story takes place some time after Christmas, maybe past new years even. My cousin had come over and we played with a new race car track that I had recieved as a gift on Christmas. And my sister being the bratty little snob that she used to be (she is nothing like this anymore, so much more awesome) came over to where we were playing and told me to get lost and convinced my cousin to ignore me and they played with my present themselves. I cried over to my mom who was downstairs in the kitchen cooking.

Now at the time, I had strong belief in God as I was raised Catholic but I am now anti-Christian/Catholic but have no belief. So being the believer that I was, I was reassured when my mother told me that my sister and cousin would be taught a small lesson by God for being rude to me and taking my toys.

I stayed in the kitchen with my mom until dinner time came, by this time it was dark. My sister and cousin came rushing downstairs the moment my mother shouted that dinner was ready. I'm not sure if my dad had already eaten or not because he was in the garage during dinner and I don't recall him eating with us or coming into the kitchen at all.

When my sister and cousin came down for dinner I was still sort of pissed off at them (I was a kid what else could I do?) and waited for this supposed "Lesson by God" to be taught to them already. So as we sat there eating our dinner, it seems all the lights in the house turned off and I sat up scared and clutched to my moms waist. We ran into the living room which was right next to the kitchen after we heard some noise come from there. We looked around and it seemed as though the TV had just turned off and what I recall all of us seeing on it was a red outline of orned face. And with a boom it was gone just like that and we turned our attention to the big windows in the living room after a strong gust had blown into the room. My mom must've seen something outside the window because she rushed us back into the kitchen so she could look out of the window there and follow whatever she had seen.

As she looked out the window I asked what it was that she saw and she told me. I stood there in shock as she explained its beaked face, goat horns, wings and how it descended back into hell through a flaming hole. And I heard a powerful eerie laughter coming from oustide the window as she said it was the Devil. Moments later the lights were back on and my father came into the kitchen unphased by all that had just happened. We explained what we saw and that the lights all shut off and he was very skeptical about it and paid ittle attention to it. Apparently the lights were on in the garage during all this.

I then started to wonder if this is what my mother meant by my cousin and sister being taught a lesson but I was left baffled because I had been told that it would be a lesson by God, not Satan! I started to think it might've been joke my mom was trying to pull over on us since we were too short to be able to look out over the window and couldn't see what she had been seeing. But it couldn't have been? I mean I was with her the entire time wasn't I? She couldn't have planned a perfect scheme with me in the kitchen with her the whole time.

This memory very rarely comes back into my head when I remember the old house we lived in. I'm not scared by the memory nor am I ever visited by ghosts or demons at all in my life. My father still owns the old house but we rent it out to people and they never have strange encounters there or any wierd expiriences there. From what I remember of my 10 years living there, the house wasn't haunted. The only thing was the visit we had from "Satan" that one time. Thats it. I do still visit the house when my Dad needs help renovating and things of that sort, but anytime I go there are no demonic encounters like the one we had that night.

Now, my family is religious but their not exactly Jesus freaks and rarely attend church but do follow Catholic traditions. I don't believe in God or Satan so when I recall that night I almost feel like it never happened but it is still very vivid in my memory. And so here's the wierd part. NO ONE REMEMBERS IT. Not my cousin, not my sister, not my mom. My dad doesn't even remember us telling him about it. But it did happen. I'm more than one hundred percent sure that it really happened. So here's my question to those reading my story.

What really happened? I know I didn't didn't dream this. It was too vivid to be a dream and it was still talked about a few days after it happened. Now no one remembers it so why do I? Please give me your thoughts on it. I would love to know what this was all about because although it doesn't come back into my head very often, it leaves me confused when I do start to remember it. So write back please and let me know what you think.

Other hauntings by EvilAlbear

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, EvilAlbear, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

TruthInDarkness (4 stories) (259 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-31)
Hey! Am I getting negative karma just because you're upset with some of the OT comments I made under a different story? Lighten up people! I think that my ON TOPIC comment below is quite logical based on what I read. If I say something derogatory or completely idiotic, sure minus me. But don't minus me for making a logical comment just because you don't agree with it.
TruthInDarkness (4 stories) (259 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-30)
I'm thinking that it was, in fact, a dream. The fact that you talked about it with your parents for a few days after it happened does not contradict the possibility. Being that you were 5 or younger, your mom might have told you to go up and take a nap the afternoon of "the event". You were likely upset by that because you wanted to play with your cousin and sister. Nevertheless, you did what your mom asked. Then, with the thoughts of playing with your cousin and sister weighing heavy on your mind as your fell asleep, you had a dream about them which included this outlandish scene with your mom claiming that she saw the devil.

Being that no-one else remembers your story ever happening, I'd say that this is the most logical explanation. I don't usually say this, but I think this is a case where the simplest answer is the best answer.
vamps_r_out (6 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-24)
Are you sure that wasn't a dream? If only you remember it then it might be. Also, you have to wonder why the devil would just randomly show up at your house, then leave and never come back. Nice story though:)
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-07-22)
That is quite puzzling EvilAlbear, I believe in god and satan aswell, my thoughts are perhaps because you had god on your mind and where waiting for him to teach them a lesson, perhaps something demonic caught on to this and showed you there side aswell. It worked because you remembered it and it frightened you, that would be something they would just thrive on doing lol. This is just something else to consider mate.

Thanks for sharing.

Dan
Lilady4 (7 stories) (427 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-21)
I was thinking that your family don't remember it because they don't want to. Are they still Catholic, or have they done what you have done (i.e. Turned away from the Catholic faith)? I'm not meaning to offend as it is up to you what you believe in.
Love & Light, Rachel ❤
EvilAlbear (2 stories) (14 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-20)
Hey everyone, much thanks for the feedback 😁
Ive seen that most of you think that my mother might've been just pulling one over on me but my parents are not that type of people. They are pretty stern and strict and wouldn't go as far as to do this to just teach my sister and cousin a lesson. In fact throughout my childhood they mostly just brushed it off their shoulders if I were in some sort of dispute with siblings.

[zzsgranny] No idea where the electrical switch is and this actually wasn't christmas dinner, it was dinner a few nights after christmas had already passed.

[ILee] I too have been thinking that my mother possibly repressed the memory since it seemed to be something to leave a catholic woman severely scarred. Although it still puzzles me that my siblings don't remember. You mentioned they mightve been too young but my cousin is just 9 months younger then I am and my sister was 2 1/2 years older then me.
ILee (1 stories) (91 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-20)
Peope do pick and choose what they want to remember. My guess is that your mom's experience was so terrifying that she repressed the memory.

There are cases in which the person didn't want to remember what happened because it was so traumatic that they repressed it so much that they literally don't have any recollection of what happened. It was as if it never took place.

For your siblings, my bet is that they were probably too young to remember it.
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-07-20)
I think that your parents were playing jokes on you guys. Also as a kid we remember things differently. This kind of thing never happens and if the devil existed I don't think he would stop by to teach tiny little kids a lesson on manners. He just wouldn't give a shiat.
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-20)
Hmmm this is interesting. I am also on the fence between if it really was something or if your mother made it up just to make you think your sister and cousin were getting their just punishment. However, I find it very odd that nobody else remembers the inicident. I have to say that when you described what your mother saw it sounded to me like an aswang. I agree with granny, this is one darn good puzzle. Thanks for sharing it with us. 😊 ❤
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
13 years ago (2011-07-20)
EvilAlbear - the memory loss thing is something that bugs me too. I have memories that my siblings swear up and down they didn't experience, yet I know they were there. My sister and I were talking just two weeks ago about one. It haunts me, not literally 😆, to this day. She and I were there, as well as some friends. But my sister denies it. She says she doesn't remember it at all.

My parents claim they don't remember taking us kids to an auction house that they took us to every month for about a year. I even took them and showed them where it was. Of course, the old barn is dilapidated, but the structure is still together enough that there is no way to mistake it, but my parents don't remember it. My parents nor my sister have Alzheimer's disease. Memories are a very funny thing. Sometimes we "choose" to forget things and other things we just don't remember for whatever reason, youth maybe in my sister's case, or fear in other cases.

In your siblings' case, maybe if this isn't some prank your parents pulled, this could have been so frightening that they have chosen to forget it. Just another idea for your consideration.
bacchaegrl (506 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-20)
Yeah, it could have been a set up. If your mom was planning something, she certainly did a good job. However, I think they would have told you by now if it were all a prank. Sounds like your mom had something to do with it, being the one who suggested the lesson and all. Though I don't exactly know how she could have conjured up something like that. I also find it odd that no one else remembers. I don't know what to make of that. Good story!
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+5
13 years ago (2011-07-20)
EvilAlbear: Well, there are several components of your account that lead me to believe that your parents were trying to teach your sister and cousin a lesson... The first being the absence of your Dad for Christmas dinner... Do you have any idea where the main elecrical switch is?...Another point is your Mom's description... I can imagine her tongue in her cheek...

And the biggest factor is, as you mentioned, there wasn't then or has ever been any paranormal activity in the house...

I have to say though, I'm stuck on the memory loss... Either they're pulling your leg, or the event didn't have such an impact on them as it did on you...

Great puzzle, thanks for posting! 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: