You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: My Cat And My Grandad

Real Ghost Stories

My Cat And My Grandad

 

I've had a couple of experiences and I hope you enjoy reading them.

The first if I remember correctly was many years ago when I was about 8/9 years old.

My family had 3 cats, one of them was mine called Missy, a black and white short haired cat who was very affectionate. She developed a problem with her back legs that meant they would have to be removed. My parents decided it would be better to 'put her to sleep' which obviously upset the whole family, me especially.

A day later I was having a rough night, I had a bad day at school due to bullying and I couldn't sleep for more than an hour or so. I had a sweet dream where I was playing with Missy. I use to do this thing where I would flick a small ball of string towards her and she would pounce on it. I stood up and she looked up at me, meowed and rubbed my leg. I then woke up to a feeling of something sitting next to me legs on the bed. I looked up and for a few moments I could see Missy lying next to me legs curled up like cats do, sleeping soundly. I reached over to stroke her and she disappeared before I got a chance. I went back to sleep and slept fine for the rest of the night. I don't know if it was a hallucination or a real encounter with a ghost but I will remember that day for the rest of my life.

My Grandad, Ken, died in 2005. Ever since I thought I've heard him walking about my Grandma's house or felt his presence. Last year I was looking after my Gran because she had an operation on her knee. I slept on the sofa which wasn't a bad thing, big leather sofas comfortable to say the least.

I usually put my clothes on one of the single seat chairs before I got into bed.

One night I had put them on top of a cushion lying in the middle of the seat. So if you were to sit on the chair you would have to move them or sit on them and the cushion.

I fell asleep pretty easy despite a bad headache. I woke up around 4am, my headache had gone but I needed a drink. After returning to my bed I noticed that my clothes had been squashed down and the cushion was pushed back on the chair. Like someone had been sitting on it.

I didn't think much of it until later, my Gran told me she thought she heard Grandad snoring next to her. Then I thought maybe he had come to thank me for looking after Gran and to check up on Gran with her bad knee. At least that's what I like to think.

Thanks for reading.

Mark

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, MarkMull, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Hongo-Yukina (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-23)
It's really cool! I also experienced the same thing when my cat died. Cathy still visits me every now and then especially on times that I'm really stressed out or sad 😊

Your Grandpa must have been glad that you were with your Grandma 😊
Zeo (15 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-22)
If Missy did pop back to see if you're OK, you are lucky. Not many people get that pleasure in life.

It's good to know that even after she vanished, she brought you enough comfort to sleep well in the end.

Thanks for sharing this, it's good to see those small few positive posts still. I haven't been a "member" for a long, but I've been reading minus an account for around eight months now.

Take care
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-21)
what sweet stories, thanks for sharing.

Like the rest of the comments here totally agree missy popped back to make sure you were ok.
And with your grandad coming back to visit when your gran was laid up with her knee.
Heim coming back to keep an eye on things.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-21)
I am so sorry to hear about your kitty... My fiance's cat had something similar happen, but they only had to remove one of his legs. He gets around pretty well now but it drives him crazy when he has an itch he can't scratch. I think Missy did come back to visit you, and I think your grandpa is watching over you too!
champion (3 stories) (172 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-21)
great story, thanks for posting it. Its good to hear that these good things happen and reminds us that their is something after death and that were not all crazy when we experience these things because if that's true then their is a lot of us crazies out there L.O.L.keep us posted on anything new.
bacchaegrl (506 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-21)
That's cute, I'm glad you saw your cat. Poor little thing. Sounds like your grandad was pretty active that night, sitting on your clothes and snoring next to your grandma.
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-21)
I was told that cats (and other pets) usually come back to comfort their owners, so I wouldn't be surprised if Missy came back to comfort you.

If the chair you put your clothes on was your grandfather's, then I would think he came back to check you as a way of thanking you.
Lilady4 (7 stories) (427 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-07-21)
What a wonderful story. I personally don't think that Missy was a hallucination. It sounds to me like she did come back to see you. I hope my cats do the same. It's nice to know that your grandad came to check up on you and thank you for your dedication.
Love & Light, Rachel ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: