You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: What I Couldn't See

Real Ghost Stories

What I Couldn't See

 

I recently moved, but my last house was old, with many creaks and moans. When I first moved in there, my cousin, who had been helping me unpack, stayed over. Multiple times, she would ask what I had said, or if I heard something. At first I called her crazy. We slept on the floor of my room. At about two thirty in the morning, she woke me up. She was pale.

"Someone's in the house." I nodded, before what she had said sank in. Then I sat bolt upright.

"What? Who?" She just pointed towards the kitchen. I didn't see anything. She told me that there was a woman in white standing right in front of the dish washer.

"Don't you see her?"

"What are you talking about? There isn't anything there." After searching the house, she finally settled on sleeping. It was already three thirty.

I had many people tell my about the 'Old Woman in the Gray.' My friends, my family. But I never saw anything. After two or three months, I was fed up. I yelled straight to the house like a crazy person.

"What do you want?" I never did get my answer. Once or twice I would wake up to whispers.

I three weeks from moving again when I saw... Something. I'm not sure is it was the lady in the gray, but something seemed to cross the doorway. Then I felt cold, and a small shadow shot up the corner of my room. And I know it couldn't be a trick of the light from anything outside of my window, because my window faced a hill. I finally did some research and found that the house had been previously owned by a woman named Scarlet. She died of old age. I told everyone who saw gray or white, and the presence seemed to be happy to show anyone who came to the house.

Now, I don't live there and the people that do are renovating it. I kind of hope they get scared...

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Oregon

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, scarletismyghost, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

510mot (3 stories) (262 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-07-22)
You know there is a better than average chance that they will get a lot of activity considering that they are renovating. It has been shown that radically changing an environment that has had paranormal activity before can aggitate spirits into acting out. Maybe you should introduce yourself. Chances are they'll have questions for you concerning their new digs. You may yet get your chance to encounter the grey lady. 😊
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
+4
13 years ago (2011-07-22)
You hope that they get scared? That is a strange statmenet. Why would you wish that upon someone?

Aside from that - it would be very frustrating for everyone to see what you can't. Everyone has different abilities
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-22)
scarletismyghost,
That has to be frustrating knowing that everyone but you can see her, and you're the one living there. I know it would drive me nuts too.
Thanks for sharing.

Jav
Lilady4 (7 stories) (427 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-21)
Interesting story here, scarletismyghost. Renovation may just stir up something. And this Spirit may be another Spirit, it may not be Scarlet.
Love & Light, Rachel ❤
bacchaegrl (506 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-21)
That;s interesting. I feel I'd be the same way; if someone was looking directly at a ghost and pointing it out to me, I bet I wouldn't be able to see it. I just don't have that capability. I'm glad you did see something, though, finally. At least it confirmed that there was something in your house. You're right, those rennovations could very well stir up something.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: