You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Ever Since I Was Young

Real Ghost Stories

Ever Since I Was Young

 

I have experienced paranormal activity ever since around the age of 7 or 8. I am 19 now and have had many different experiences. The one I am going to share today, is the one that has always stayed with me.

When I was around 7 or 8 and my sister was around 5 or 6 we used to keep all our toys in our spare room down stairs. One day when we went down stairs to collect some toys and I was stopped dead in my tracks to a large shadow figure. It was just standing there and blocking the door way. I was so scared I just stood and stared. I pushed my sister to the stairs feeling like I needed to protect her and we both ran upstairs. The only other person in my house was my baby sitter. I looked my sister dead in her eyes and asked her if she seen something down stairs. She told me she had. I told her to tell me exactly what she saw before I said anything. She told me she seen a shadow man who looks like the grim reaper. I couldn't believe it. We tried to tell my baby sitter but she told us it was our imagination.

After that we would not go down stairs by our selves. My mom and dad started to get upset with our "imaginations". A few weeks had passed by and nothing happened. Then one day when my baby sitter was over and we were playing in that room in the basement. Something strange happened. We started hearing teeth chattering from the closet, like when your cold. It started off quiet and got louder and louder. My baby sitter got up and looked around the whole basement, nothing, and then sound stopped. Once she sat back down it got so loud she got so scared and ran up stairs leaving us behind!

She wouldn't go in the basement with us any more and when I ask her why she would always lie. After this nothing really happened for a while, but I always felt like I was being watched. One night my parents went out to a over night social and my uncle and aunt were watching us over night. The whole night I had a weird feeling about something, I made my uncle and aunt sleep with me in between them. At around 3:00 Am I woke up and just sat up right away. I remember feeling like I needed to protect my sister. And I saw the shadow figure watching me though the door way. I just sat there any stared back. I started to get scared and tried to wake up my uncle because he is such a heavy sleeper he didn't listen.

The next morning my uncle asked me what I was bugging him about last night, and that's how I know I wasn't dreaming.

I have never seen the shadow figure since then but I have felt his presence many times. My sister seen him a couple years ago watching her at night in the basement. I have had items fly around the room dark images go by at the corner of my eyes.

One of the most experiences that happened that really bothered me was when I heard my sister calling me to come down stairs. She kept saying, "Come here. Come down Stairs. Come on." I told her to wait a minute then I realized I was home alone I was totally freaked out. The same thing has happened to my sister but with my voice.

My friend also seen the figure sitting on our couch watching her in the night she was so scared she was practically crying, she made me let her sleep beside me.

I have played the Ouija board in my house many times, I used to play it like a board game not realizing the seriousness. This was after I first saw the shadow figure though, so I know it did not come from it.

I have always wondered what it could be or from what? If any one has any comments or ideas on what it could be please do! I would really like some help because I have never had any one to talk to about it besides my sister.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Kaiixox, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Kaiixox (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-28)
Its also very tall and wide. I have not seen it since I was a child but I have always felt it around me.
Kaiixox (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-28)
The thing is you can't really see its face it looks like a hooded figure and you can only see its eyes hidden. It did not have a hat but a was long and hooded and does not have legs it floats along the ground.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-25)
I think Lilady had the best advice. It just sounds like your run-of-the-mill shadow person, and nothing to be worried about. I think your natural instinct as a brother is to protect your little sister when you "sense" something out of the ordinary around you. I think it's great that she has such a protective brother and you two have each other through this experience. If this entity really scares you, try asking out loud for it to leave.
bpr (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-24)
well let me just say that is the meanest babysitter I ever heard of she shouldnt hav left you guys, well anyways I work with my dad at a phsycic research comapny, and I always go with them to every case and what I no is don't be scared of it. The more you get scared the more it will come back. When you see it again don't be scared just ignore it. Soon I say about 4 days it will be gone I have came across a case like this before. Good luck 😁
robertar (223 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-24)
Scary!

Which part of Canada are you living?

I've had the voice thing happen as well, sounded like my sister when I had not seen or talked to her for years. Please be careful. Please consider asking God for help.
X0XjammyX0X (7 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-07-24)
The first thing I would say about the situation you're in is to try and stay as calm as possible, if you see it again, this is because it more than likely feeds off negative energy. I'm saying this because normally, as I have experienced, any shadow figures are demons. They like to keep their faces hidden to scare you. I would also like to say that only demons can use the voices of others as I have had the same thing happen, but the voice of my dad. I would also advice not to get a cleansing of your house, only because if it doesn't go away it will come back stronger and angry, and I'm sure you don't want that to happen. Another thing what many others may have said is not to use the ouija board any more it will help stop any other spirits or demons from following you.

Hopefully helped X0XjammyX0X 😁
Curiously-Scared (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-24)
Wow, I think the scariest part is how it was able to sound like your sister and yourself. I will not pretend to know enough to help you I.D. This thing but I'm sure you'll get some great advice on here. Can regular earth-bound spirits make themselves sound like someone else? To me it seems as though it may not be human, but then again I couldn't say for certain. Thank you for sharing!
Lilady4 (7 stories) (427 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-07-23)
Well, what a story! I recommend doing some basic cleansing, burning white candles and reciting a prayer of protection around them/over them. Pray for protection for your house and your family. Tell the Spirit in a strong voice that he cannot be here, this is your house, not his. Please let me know how it goes.
Love & Light, Rachel ❤
domo344 (5 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-23)
Hmm... You know, I think we might be able to discover what this... Shadow spector is. But. Can you tell me a little bit more about its appearance? Any thing that was strange than the actual figure itself.
Dachande (5 posts)
-3
13 years ago (2011-07-23)
while the info Emjay is asking for would help I would recamend you NOT use the Ouija board again, it invites spirits in and if you weaker then the spirit then you stuck with it/them. I would seek ether holy solutions with blessings, or an energy manipulator for examples a vampire (hybrid or psi), a witch, or a basic energy manipulator are all viable solutions. And I would like to know is this still happening?

Hope I can help Dachande
Emjay (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-22)
first,thanks for sharing now the shadow figure might be a shadow person but can I ask was there anything about the eyes that stiked you as odd, did it have eyes? And was it cloaked, hooded was it wearing a hat? (that might sound weird but it will help to ID this thing) 😆

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: