You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Taotaomona Ghost

Real Ghost Stories

Taotaomona Ghost

 

This was when I was about 9 years old. My family had a gathering at my Nino's house at night and my auntie was in the back cutting coconuts from the coconut tree. I was watching her from the front yard waiting to scare her and I heard someone talking. It was a deep voice. I looked back and saw a shadow walk by slowly underneath the streetlight.

Then I remembered my mom saying that at night there would be ancient Chamorro spirits walking around all over Guam at 6:00 pm called the Taotaomona. I didn't believe her at first, but when I saw the shadow I had chills. So I went back to the gathering and saw something again. It was another spirit but a different figure. Maybe a little bigger than the one I saw under the streetlight. It stood there at the side of the house staring at me. I could see that no one else could see it but me. So I went inside the house and told my cousin. He didn't believe me.

So when I got home I told my mom and she told me they don't like it when people are loud during their time. Now I know that I have to sleep early because she said that the Taotaomona pinches loud people or makes them sick if they find them disturbing. Sometimes people die. I guess I was bothering them.

I also remember the time when I was 10. I was riding my bike down a big hill in front of my house. It was about 7:42 or 7:43 pm. I was riding it by myself. Suddenly, I saw a dark figure under the streetlight again. I think it was one of the ancient chiefs from over 500 years ago. I peddled a little faster so I could stop by the store up ahead. It kept on moving faster towards me. So I decided to go and ride to it to see if it was my cousin who was at my house.

But as I went closer to the figure, I saw that there was nobody around to make the shadow. I started breathing hard because I wasn't this frightened in my life since when I was 9. So I peddled back up to my house and I didn't stop no matter how tired I was. Since then, I never rode my bike after 6:00 pm ever again.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Taytay01, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

wrh1969 (6 stories) (11 posts)
 
4 years ago (2020-10-15)
I had a experience with the Taotaomona myself. It is serious! They can do many things to scare you.
smartcruzk (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-06)
I'm from Guam, and the Taotaomonas are real spirits that can hurt you if they wanted. I got pinched right when I was leaving the island at three years old... I still have the pinch to this day but wonder why because I didn't turn ill.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-07-25)
I have to admit, I think that the legend was made up to keep people on a curfew. But if you saw something, perhaps it was just a shadowperson? Those types of entities do not seem to be threatening or evil, but they want to be noticed and seem curious. Can you remember if the entity had any defining features?
generalchaos (2 stories) (141 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-24)
Interesting! I'm not familiar with stories from your part of the world at all. Do the spirits walk from 6:00pm on, all night? Do they bother only people who are loud, or bicycling, or is anyone out later in the evening considered fair game?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: