You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Ghost in the Car

Real Ghost Stories

Ghost in the Car

 

Tuesday night, about ten years ago, me, my mom, Melanie and grandma, Julie were driving in Kenai. It was pitch black and raining really hard. We saw a woman with black hair hitchhiking. So we picked her up. What was so strange about it all was that she didn't say anything the whole time. She just pointed and nodded. She pointed to the house she wanted to go to, and we dropped her off and as soon as she got out. I looked back and she wasn't there, there was no lights on in the house at all. She just disappeared!

The house was a bit familiar, it looked a lot like my house and then it dawned on me that WAS my house! So I told my mom and we got so freaked out and went to the police. My mom told them what happened so they said that it must of been some of my friends from school just pranking us.

The next night, I saw a woman standing in my bedroom doorway. So I screamed. My mom came rushing in the door, she walked right through the woman, then the woman disappeared. I told my mom what had happened so she decided to call a priest. When he came over, he said he was going to do a reading on the house. When he was finished, he said we had three entities in and around our house. He said that one of them was evil and the other two were good. He said the spirits were all sisters, including the woman hitchhiker and the woman in my doorway, so he helped them find the light and they went to heaven.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ocean, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

Walter_R (1 stories) (81 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-09)
Well it must have been raining pretty hard in order to have not noticed your own house.

I'm glad you got rid of the unwanted guests.

Take care,

Walter 😁
ghostlover13 (19 stories) (191 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-20)
That is pretty weird...
But wouldn't your mom notice that it was your guys' house... Or that the woman was giving you directions to your house?
I still believe you, but I was just wondering.

I am not trying to be rude or anything. 😢
iibelieve (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-11)
How do you not notice that she was giving you directions to your own house... You are on that path...shouldn't the directions have been a giveaway... 🤔
metalhed16 (14 stories) (119 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-13)
I think I read something similar to this in a book called "ghost stories of the Rockey Mountains"...

Not sure but it sounded almost identical to the one in that book
ellycat (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-20)
the only way that you couldn't recognize your house is that you somewhere were all the houses look the same but still ...
Shadows (2 stories) (12 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-20)
"I have to agree with Martin on this one. Sorry but who wouldn't recognize their own home as soon as they pulled up in front of it..."
She said "It was pitch black and raining..." You wouldn't notice it in that kind of weather, either.
I also agree with Martin, it IS far-fetched.
evilblackwidow9 (6 stories) (132 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-18)
I've heard of a lot of these stories but, I am puzzled to why you didn't notice your house. But in the other hand you could have been dazzled by this ghost.
asje (7 stories) (20 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-18)
Here in Suriname a lot of these 'hitchhikers' are active. Mostly beautiful women seeking a ride and willing guys who afterwards get the scare of their lives. A friend of mine ones gave a lady a ride behind his motor. When riding past a cemetery she disappeared.
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-17)
I have to agree with Martin on this one. Sorry but who wouldn't recognize their own home as soon as they pulled up in front of it. 🤔

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
Martin (602 posts) mod
 
17 years ago (2007-06-15)
This one is obviously pretty borderline far fetched but, hey, it's friday, he got lucky 😉 It's not entirely unbelievable...

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: