You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: My Little Haunted House

Real Ghost Stories

My Little Haunted House

 

In 2009 of March my family and I moved into this house. The house was located by Wickenburg, Arizona. The house was two bedrooms and one bath. It was a tan and sort of Aztec looking. We lived in there a month before we started hearing things. (I mind you that we had absolutely no history on the land or house.)

When we moved in my mother would go out of town a lot and she would take my brothers and sisters and I would have a little me time. During that time I had no experiences. But, in May and august my mother and I experienced the paranormal.

It was almost at the end of May and I was still in school and I was reading a library book. It was about 9pm and everyone was sleeping; all of a sudden I heard my name being called in a voice that sounded like my mom and I was surprised at how well I could hear it because my door was closed. So anyway I went to my mom's room and asked her why she had called me. She told me she hadn't so I went back to my room.

About an hour or so later I heard my mom's voice again saying," Destiny... Destiny... Come here." So I went to my mom's room again and ask her what it was she wanted she, again said she never called me. About and hour later I heard it again but I ignored it. Then I heard giggling. It sounded like a little girls giggle. Being honest I wasn't scared at all. When I heard the giggling I felt happy and thought it was the cutest laugh ever.

Around July my mom was cooking and all of a sudden the cabinet fell to the floor, we had a person come out and fix it they said that someone must have unscrewed the nails but everyone said they didn't. While the handyman was screwing in the nail it shot right out of the wall and landed on the floor it did this about three more times until he decided to glue the wall instead of screw it in.

Around August my mother decided to sleep in the living room one night around 1am she heard a two little kids playing tag she heard them scuffle and run from the kitchen to where she was sleep. That was the last incident. I hope this gives you the satisfaction that spirits do exist. I will write more.

I have moved three times between the end of 2009 through 2011. In each house something has happened. We only lived in this house for about 6 months. And then we moved in September. I will soon share my family and my encounters at the house we moved into in September. Do you think these ghosts in my house were friendly?

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Arizona

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, XOXOdezzie4evaXOXO, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

XOXOdezzie4evaXOXO (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-01)
The cabinets were in fact were new. And no I don't live in Wickenburg anymore. But my mom grew up around there in Wittmann, AZ and it is said to be built on Indian burial site and all of my family members have had paranormal experiences there. And half of the people my mom grew up there are dead from suicide to murder. It is a very haunted region.
aiafaith1 (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-29)
They sound completely harmless. I think they thought they were having fun when they called your name.

The cabinet experience is very interesting.

Thanks for sharing.

AF1 ❤
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-29)
XOXOdezzie4evaXOXO,
Friendly and playful, yes. And obviously happy to have had your family living there. I think it was sweet.
The cabinet I have no explanation for. That the handyman could not re-attach it to the wall is very odd indeed.
Do you still live in Wickenburg? It is supposed to be a very haunted area. I had an experience right outside town at one of those Roadside Tables about 25 years ago. Very spooky place. 😲

Thank you for sharing, looking forward to your future posts.

Jav
midnightprincess (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-28)
they sound harmless I too have heard my mother calling me yet she hadent said a word. I have moved 4 times in the past 2 years because of strange noises coming from either the bathroom or kitchen or hearing a tv that wasn't on at all thank you for your story 😊 😊 😊
DragonStorm80 (1 stories) (440 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-28)
Sounds like little kids having a little fun with you guys for their own amusement, cheeky little whipper snappers, very cute though, thank you for sharing this 😊
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-28)
Exactly they do seem harmless, they just wanted to have abit of fun and get your attention. The cabinet falling off the wall could possibly be coincidence, although perhaps someone didn't want it to be there. Can you tell me was this a new cabinet by anychance? Was there any renovations that had been done to the home in that time?

Thank you for sharing.

Dan
champion (3 stories) (172 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-27)
XOXOdezzie4evaXOXO- they sound harmless and I enjoyed your story but a screw is screwed in and a nail is hammered in, That is what makes me believe your story because your mom hired a handyman which means no one there knows about carpentry which is why you didn't know the difference between the two which lends credibility to your story!

Champion

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: