You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Three Shadows

Real Ghost Stories

The Three Shadows

 

When I woke up from my sleep, at about 3:00AM in the morning, I noticed three shadows of people standing in front of my mirror, they were standing, but not moving at all, (The best I can describe this is a person completely painted in black from head to toe) motionless in front of my mirror, (My mirror is on a dresser which is right next to my bed). These three shadows where about as tall as an eleven year-old child. They were just standing there, staring strait into the mirror, so I looked in the mirror to see what they were staring at, but in the mirror was my room, and only my room. The three shadows had no reflection in my mirror, so I blinked my eyes once, to see if I was hallucinating, but they were still there, so I waited about three seconds, and blinked my eyes again, and when I opened my eyes, they were gone, nothing but me and my room where there.

This whole experience only lasted about 15sec, but it felt like hours. I was not moving, and did not want to move. I was making it look like I was sleeping, but these shadows were not looking at me, they acted like I wasn't in the room. They paid absolutely no attention to me. By this point, I could hear my heart pounding in my ears, and I have never had an experience like this since then. Now, every time I look in my mirror, I always feel like something is looking back at me, even though I don't see them.

Afterwards, I was thinking of all the possible things that could have brought the spirits (The three black shadows) into my house. I am a collector of antiques, so about twice a month I will go out and purchase antiques, which I display in my room. Does anyone think a spirit could have came from one of the antiques?

Other hauntings by SumGuy2

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New Jersey

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, SumGuy2, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

SumGuy2 (3 stories) (7 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-04)
Rookdygin,

Thanks for all, when I saw this one spirit, I Felt very scared/nervous, and it felt like my bed was on its side for a few minutes (Even though it was not on its side). Thanks for the suggestions about the shielding technique, I don't think I'll need it unless it really got worse. As for how many antiques I have, I have about 12 antiques, and about 6 vintage items.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-02)
SumGuy,

Thank you for the update. Whatever is happening it sounds intelligent...

You say you've been collecting antiques for a while, may I ask how many you have, how long you've been collecting them and, not to be rude, how old you are?

A couple of other questions I'd like to ask... You said the room was hot... And your hand got really cold... After it felt like something sat on your bed. What other feelings did you have...revolted, scared, comforted, down right ill? First impressions when seeing/experiencing a 'spirit' can go a long way to determining the 'nature' of the 'spirit'.

I ask because it seems there is an 'energy' in your room that may be attracting 'spirits'...and, not to alarm you, but it may be coming from you.

So please answer my questions, unless that make you uncomfortable, and I'll do my best to help you. I know a Shielding technique if you feel you need one and I offer any aid I may be able to give. So please keep the updates coming.

Respectfully,

Rook
SumGuy2 (3 stories) (7 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-01)
Rookdygin,

Last night I forgot to setup the camera, but it was very hot in my room, and it was hard for me to sleep, and at about 1:22 AM I saw just one black shadow standing by my computer desk. I could tell it was looking at me. It did not quite have the shape of a person, but I could tell it was. I shut my eyes and tried to pretend I was asleep, and I felt like it got beside me, and my hand suddenly got really cold, and lasted for about 5 min.
SumGuy2 (3 stories) (7 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-31)
Rookdygin,

Thanks for the advice, I will keep trying, and trying, you really brought my hopes up.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-31)
SumGuy,

Please don't give up after just one attempt. It may be things only happen on certain days, certain times or even certain weather conditions may apply. It may be a residual thing that only 're-plays' once a month. So please do not feel dejected by this first attempt not working.

Not even the best researchers always get the results they were hoping for on their first attempt. So please keep trying, and keep us updated.

Respectfully,

Rook
SumGuy2 (3 stories) (7 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-31)
Just finished checking through the video, unfortunately, I did not catch anything. 😢
SumGuy2 (3 stories) (7 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-29)
Rookdygin,

Sorry, but my picture camera does not work, so as of now, there is no way to get a picture. 😢
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-29)
SumGuy,

Any way to get a picture of that dresser and mirror? My 'gut' tells me that this has something to do with either the dresser or the mirror itself.

Does this mirror face another one? Two mirrors that face each other cause an effect that looks like the room just goes off into infinity... This may or may not set up an effect that spirits/entities can use. (Untested, unproven theory of mine).

Respectfully,

Rook
SumGuy2 (3 stories) (7 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-29)
rookdygin, thanks for the advise too, I will set up a camera tonight and keep everyone updated. 😊
SumGuy2 (3 stories) (7 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-29)
Rookygin, The mirror is brand new, it is somthing that is made to look like an antique on my dresser.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-29)
As interesting as a haunted antique may be I'm wondering more about the Mirror more than any items you may have recently bought.

How long have you had the Mirror, Where did you buy it? Does it have any 'History' that you know of?

You stated that these 3 'shadows' were looking at (into) your Mirror... They didn't look at you, didn't interact with you, didn't even seem to notice you at all. So what is so interesting about the Mirror that held their attention?

I ask because if the Mirror contains a 'portal' or 'vortex' then the 'spirits' need not have come from anything you have bought but came from outside your home to 'use' the Mirror...

Is it possible for you to set up a camera (video preferred) and tape the Mirror over night? If the Mirror contains a 'portal' or a 'vortex' then you have a good chance of catching something 'on tape' so to speak... It may not happen every night, but it may be worth a try.

Please keep us posted, this is a fascinating experience.

Respectfully,

Rook
princessLotus (2 stories) (555 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-28)
Oh yeah. For sure. Spirits can attach them selves to anything. Not only old stuff. It's always a good idea to ask the dealer if they know about the history of the item. Then you can kind of have an idea on what to expect.

~LSD~
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-28)
to answer your question, it seems antiques commonly cause this type of activity. If you have "on demand" check out the listings to the syfy channel... Click on to the haunted collector... A guy named John zaffis, who helps folks figure out what, if any, item in their home is causing this activity. Maybe able to look this show up on the web also...
darkfantum (44 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-28)
aspirit could come from your collectables as someone could have and it couldhave been there's and someone has sold them, and black shadows are a common sighting

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: