You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Possible Incubus Encounter?

Real Ghost Stories

Possible Incubus Encounter?

 

I am a normal 27 year old female. Happily engaged with an amazing one year old daughter. I had an experience shortly after my daughters birth that still leaves me questioning it everyday.

About 3 months into my maternity leave my fiance had left for work in the early am. I slept in my bed and our daughter in her bassinet at the foot of our bed. I don't even know how to explain how things happened but I felt something brushing my lips. Something soft. I just assumed it was my fiance, attempting to be intimate and brushed it off saying I was too tired and fell back asleep.

Shortly afterward I "woke up" to what felt like I was having sex. I can't say for sure where I was but my head felt like it was hanging off the edge of the bed. I assumed it was my fiance and I became bothered by the fact that I could NOT open my eyes or move my arms and legs. I tried saying "no" and lifting my arms to stop them but I simply could not by any means talk or move. I was fully awake and aware of what was going on but could not open my eyes... I felt what I could only describe as drugged.

Later that day I asked my fiance about the sex before he left for work and he looked at me puzzled. He swears that he NEVER touched me and that he had left me sleeping in our bed before he went to work. We are both bothered by this. I went online to research such an incident and I have come across many forums where topics of an incubus is mostly discussed. Strange thing is that they all say the same thing as me! Unable to move or open their eyes. It frightens me to a certain extent. Why me?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, motherof1, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

motherof1 (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-10)
Thank you all for your responses. No this event has never happened again but it did terrify me and really felt real. I don't doubt that this is somehow connected to sleep paralyz but one thing that both my husband and I have noticed is that my health has completely deteriorated after this incident. But of course... Giving birth is very hard on the body so this is prob just a coincidence.

May I freely say that beyond strange things have always happened to be as a child and still to this day but this one really terrified me!
LightDemonGirl (26 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-19)
it sounds just like it was an incubus, and incubus is a demon who's after sexual things, so it may be an incubus or it can be the hormones after you gave birth to your daughter because I have heard that some have just got this becouse of the hormones, if it happened 1 time, if it happens more often then it's an incubus...
PandaBear (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-01)
Thats a very odd story! Do you ever wonder WHY the incubus was having sex with you or rather trying? Could it have an attachment to an earlier boyfriend of yours that may have died? (if that ever happened of course) Think about it. Has the ghost come back to you after the event occurred? Love PandaBear xxx ❤ ❤ ❤
bluntchrist (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-31)
I'm not going to get into the whole sleep paralysis/sexual hallucination thing. I find it very plausible that it was a supernatural being of some kind.
bacchaegrl (506 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-29)
I was not accusing, I was merely asking for your scientific evidence. And since you provided it very well, now I completely understand, and I thank you for enlightening me.
WReck72 (1 stories) (116 posts)
+6
13 years ago (2011-07-28)
[at] bacchaegrl statistically speaking Sexual hallucinations during SP are far more common among women then men. Men have wet dreams but this is due to a physiological necessity not typically SP. These hallucinations have little or nothing to do with how satisfied they are with their sex life or personal relationships. Theories on dream states are by no means an exact science yet and I highly doubt they every will be. Japan has done a great deal of research in this area and have some interesting findings. Men are easily aroused visually and physically while women tend to respond more to emotional connections dreams can easily spark emotion which may account for the increase however I'm not an expert in neurology. If you are interested you could always Google SP and do a little research your self instead of accusing me of making unfounded claims.
bacchaegrl (506 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-28)
Sexual hallucinations are common among women? What? Do you have scientific evidence for that claim? Why would mostly women have these hallucinations? Unless they are completely unsatisfied with their mate, I guess that could be an answer. But really, I'm sure it's just as common in men. Why make women seem so deviant and weak with that claim? I want proof! Then, I would back off.
WReck72 (1 stories) (116 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-07-28)
I agree with everyone else that this was probably just sleep paralysis. I do believe in demons and what not but this really sounds like a case of SP and as mentioned sexual hallucinations are very common among women. Many SP cases happen just after a disturbance in sleep and as you mentioned this did happen just after you went back to sleep. I know you might think this was way to real to be SP but remember everything you know as real comes your brain telling you what your sense are picking up if your senses are inactive and your brain is filling in random information there is no way to distinguish between what's real and what's not. If you are still worried read up on SP and I think you will find it's a prefect fit.
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-07-28)
It could very easily be sleep paralysis. But here is a way to get yourself out of a sleep paralysis if such happens again: Bite Your Tongue.
Doing that will bypass the paralysis induced by your brain. Thus you'll be able to move.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+2
13 years ago (2011-07-28)
This sounds like a sleep paralysis episode. Hallucinations, including sexual hallucinations, are pretty common. It's frightening, but nothing was there with you. Research sleep paralysis, it will set your mind at ease.
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-07-28)
lazria,
Your first few suggestion I might agree with but the last one... I don't know. First of all, wouldn't motherof1's child be woken up by the noise and secondly, wouldn't there have been some kind of noise when the movements of sex are made? Also, if there was an intruder, wouldn't he have done more damage to people and property?

Motherof1,
I do have to ask, like lazria asked, did anything similar happen afterwards?

The one thing that comes to mind (and this is just something that just popped into my head so I'm not a medical doctor or anything) is that you mentioned that at the time of the incident you recently gave birth to your child, so this could have happened because of your hormones after giving birth?
lazria (9 stories) (82 posts)
-4
13 years ago (2011-07-28)
The event itself seems scary or atleast alittle disturbing, but did anything else occur afterwards that lead you to believe it was an Incubus?
It could have been several things, including a dream, sleep parallais, or worse... Someone invaded your home.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: