You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Half Dragged, Half Gone

Real Ghost Stories

Half Dragged, Half Gone

 

Before my grandpa passed away he told me a story that forever scared him. Even with me not being there this story gives me goose bumps. The location was in the woods to where he lived in the house that he passed away in. He stayed in that house for 36 years. And this ghost story happened 34 years ago.

There was a party going on through the wood and they were shooting fireworks (there was a big clearing in which they set up the fireworks). It was a costume party but one of his friends decided to bring fireworks for his son and daughter's amusement, "They were illegal fireworks," my grandpa laughed.

Eventually the firework display began, and everyone was in awe as the sky was lit up by various, brilliant colors. My grandpa, who experienced fireworks for his whole life, smiled and turned away to get his drink behind grandma. But something caught his eye in the woods.

He put his drink down and walked slowly towards the woods. No one was paying him any attention, so he was on his own with a small pocket knife and a small hand gun.

While walking towards the wood, he pulled out his gun, took off the safety, cocked it, and held it so he could aim. He kept it steady as he walked.

The fireworks were his light and they were like a mini sun. In the corner of his eye he saw movement. Thinking it was an animal of some sort; he pointed his gun in that direction and treaded quietly. What he saw made him lower is gun, his mouth drop, and goose bumps crawl all over him.

He saw what looked like to be a woman. This woman was wearing a long, big dress that you would see 19th century women wore. She was laughing and had this evil, dark smile that bleed through her curtain of black hair. In her hands, she was dragging this blood covered blonde haired women with her dress cut off at the mid waist. The goose bumps settled in when grandpa realized that... The blonde woman was dead... And cut... In half.

Chills crept over him as he saw the huge line of blood that followed those two women. He followed it with quickness in his eyes and saw that the blood line went through where they were shooting the fireworks.

Not thinking he took aim, and emptied his rounds at the black haired women. But they vanished when the sound of his gun and firework's sound waves collided.

Even after his passing I refused to go into the woods that my grandfather refused to go in after that chilling night. It is a true story. The man I admired and showed no fear grew white with terror as he told the story.

Other hauntings by EchoBay

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Georgia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, EchoBay, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

dustyisdead (2 stories) (90 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-21)
I'm still a little confused because you said you researched the history of the actual woods and not only did you find mention of missing, yet nameless girl, but you also heard about it being cut down. And you also said you were never going to return to them because you hate them.

So why can't you tell anyone where they are? Because after everyone kind of busted you in a fake story, you say he had a brain tumor, even though he's been dead for over 5 years but you're too shocked to comment? I'm sorry, but my aunt had brain tumors for years up until her death, and they never cause her to tell fake ghost stories. Or have any kind of delusions.

Go put your stories on a fiction site dude. When people lie about their experiences it makes the rest of us look like liars also. That's why I have no qualms about calling you out for it.

And it really made me mad when you said " Ill try to get pics in this one for my new readers:) " You just want people to read your little ghost stories. Well to those of us that have really unsettling, and often terrifying experiences with hauntings, it's nothing to ":) " about. It's been lifelong ordeals and this is a site where I come to see others share their experiences so I won't feel so alone. Then someone like you comes along and turns it into a bad Stephen King story.

Ugh.
EchoBay (3 stories) (29 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-09)
And for all who read this my other story, a future fall, is up and about. Thought you guys would want to know seeing as I don't find the title sticking out you know.

EchoBay
EchoBay (3 stories) (29 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-07)
Thank you all for being so kind. I very much appreciate it. And I don't remember what year at the moment gotta know how old he was when he passed in 2005. But I'll get back to it on that.
rmananya (4 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-03)
First of all, I am sorry tpo hear that your grandpa passed away...Now, I see something scary, as well as eerie. I am not sure wheteher this could be a ghostt but I think she is./... Or a witch, If you want to no more about this perosn, go to the police station and find out more about such murders. And by the way? When did bthis happen? I mean... What year?
princessLotus (2 stories) (555 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-08-02)
I wasn't meaning to discredit you or your story. I just didn't understand. But thanks for clearing it up. I love the story either way:)

~LSD~
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-02)
EchoBay: I'm sorry to hear the news about your grandfather, I wish you all the best with this.

A very freaky story but even with your Grandfathers condition I believe there is definitely truth in this account. What he actually witnessed that night I don't believe to be a human spirit it just seems a bit to full on. I'm thinking it was more of a darker negative entity showing itself to you in a way which would frighten the hell out of anyone. Wishing you all the best.

Thank you for sharing.

Dan
EchoBay (3 stories) (29 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-08-02)
Well just learned that my grandpa hade a brain tumor... And my mother told me that this story may not be true (she never believed the story before nor does she think ghost exist)...
Comment what you like... For his memory it's going to be true to me. He started me on the paranormal and I am going to keep it that way... It'll be a while until I comment on this... Too shocked you know...
EchoBay (3 stories) (29 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-02)
I mean my grandpa used to say that when he was alive. And he said it everytime he came over so I am assuming the woods have been built on I think.
EchoBay (3 stories) (29 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-02)
It's old rumors since I was small. I only went to the house once. And after hearing that story they decided to come up to visit because I got paranoid. Sorry working double shifts and little sleep is slooooowly making me lose my train of thought. It took two weeks to write this story because of my tired mind.
Not lying so please don't think that. Just can't keep up right now sorry
princessLotus (2 stories) (555 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-02)
BUt, really? You don't know where they are? That strikes me as odd since you said you won't return to them & you got word about them tearing them down? Hmmm 🤔

~LSD~
EchoBay (3 stories) (29 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-01)
Sorry I do not know the place. My dad may but it was his dad that passed away and they were close I do not want to reopen wounds plus I don't want information given out over the Internet sorry
shuizensu (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-01)
Can I have the name of the place where your grandpa saw the whole event? Sorry, it's just for the record. I have been collecting various kind of paranormal input and I don't think that I want to miss this one.
EchoBay (3 stories) (29 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-01)
One my grandmother but she doesn't believe
Two no
Three I rather do not know anymore really both grandparents are dead. And I do not remember where in Georgia. Those rumors are from a long time ago. I it was near savannah though is all I could remember, small town out near savannah if I remember correctly. Sorry my knowledge is so small
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-01)
You know, geo-caching the location of this incident would go a long way to helping out the ghost hunters.
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-01)
ok this is freeky!
Loved it though!
Great story thank you for adding this one.
Carl
Faving it too
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-01)
First of that is really creepy. Just reading the story gave the chills, I can imagine what your grandfather must have gone though. Just a few thoughts and questions for you:
(1) Did your grandfather mention this story to your grandmother or any other family?
(2) Is there stories or sighting of similar nature by other people?
(3) In your last post you mention that there was talk of taking down the trees for houses. Although it's sad to see people down more forests for building, it would be interesting to see what the construction people and people who would be living there in the future experience because I have heard that many paranormal things attach themselves to the land.
(4) Finally, I was wondering if you are able to give the general area in Georgia? The reason why I'm asking is because although I'm from Canada, I have a childhood pen pal and her mother is a historian. I was wondering if she could pull something up.
EchoBay (3 stories) (29 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-01)
Yeah I hate those woods. I refuse to return to them. But it's not all bad. Word has it that the woods are going to be cut down and have a subdivision built there. I find that truly sad though
looney85 (3 stories) (188 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-08-01)
Dang! I would of run or pass out! Great story I believe you!

Thanks for sharing this very creepy story! I would love to go see for myself but with lots of people lol 😨
princessLotus (2 stories) (555 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-08-01)
Holy crazy crap! That would blow my mind. Thanx for sharing this I really enjoyed it. Would love to go in those woods & check it out my self.

~LSD~
EchoBay (3 stories) (29 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-01)
Yes reading this story still gives me the creeps cause I can still see my grandfather's face.
concernedwiccan (16 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-01)
a very good tale your grandpa must have been terrified
I must say it is very well written
reneespring (148 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-08-01)
This is one of the best (most horrible) and well-written stories I have read on this site! I believe you, but even if it was made up, it would still be good because it is written so well!
sarahmariacecilia (3 stories) (105 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-08-01)
Wowza, this experience gave me the heebie jeebies! It really makes me wonder what the heck could have happened... I wish there was more for you to find about the history, because that sounds like one gruesome murder. Thanks so much for posting, going into my favorites! 😁
champion (3 stories) (172 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-01)
very disturbing! I noticed you were from Georgia and thought that this could have been something from the civil war era, the fireworks lighting up the sky and blowing up kind of like cannon and musket fire! You might want research battles in the area and see what you find.

Champion
Lilady4 (7 stories) (427 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-07-31)
Absolutely LOVED this story! That is really freaky! I wouldn't want to go in the woods after that. Hell no!
Thanks for sharing (i'm going to favourite this one).
Love & Light, Rachel ❤
EchoBay (3 stories) (29 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-31)
[at] jav thanks and I'm glad you got the chills the next one should give you more (this story still gives me chills too brrrr). Oh and Ill try to get pics in this one for my new readers:)

EchoBay
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-31)
EchoBay,
I just had to read this one again, to make sure I read it right. I have to say, this is one of the most frightening stories I've read in a while. I haven't been that creeped out in a long time. Good one!

Jav 😨
EchoBay (3 stories) (29 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-30)
sadly nothing was found in history. Only a disappearence of a girl but they wouldn't give me a name
girlie (15 stories) (426 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-30)
FREAKY! Defen-nut-ly check the history of those woods. My god, that is really rather...SCARY! 😨
Yeah, look up the history and tell us about what you may or may not find.
GIRLIE 😨 ❤
Madyrina (68 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-30)
Oh WOW, now THAT is SCARYYYY! How terrifying, got goosebumps just reading it! I agree with you, no way would I go into those woods.

Have you done any research on the woods? It would be interesting to find out those women's story, probably scary, but interesting.

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: